Hot Toys 1/6th - Eternals - Thena

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220115-210614_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220115-210614_Chrome.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 96
Just watched the movie recently, I actually really liked it. No idea where the hate is from. Glad we're getting this figure.

I kept waiting for the film's quality to drop sharply.

Sure, they could have trimmed some scenes and the performances could have used some spark, but the lowest rated in the MCU? Come on.

I kinda wish they would’ve all died at the end. It would’ve made the movie extremely unique and I think dying to save something they believed in would’ve worked.
But also I’m not really interested in seeing any of the characters again even though I enjoyed the film.

Just watched the movie recently, I actually really liked it. No idea where the hate is from. Glad we're getting this figure.
I do wonder about the hate especially when it started before anyone saw the movie..makes me wonder what's behind it..

I didn't hate it. but I wasn't blown away either. It was all just a bit...dull.

Given the world was about to get shafted in 7 days, there was no real sense of urgency and it didn't feel like a high stakes MCU movie (like Infinity War, for example). It just plodded along with very little dramatic impact or excitement.

I've been thinking about this movie for a few days and while it's not my favorite, I think the sequel could be pretty great with pip and eros in an off world adventure.

I also agree. I would rather have the rooted hair any day for long hair characters over molded. I think the sculpted hair works fine for the short bob length or pixie cut styles. However long hair characters like Gamora, Wanda, Thena etc should have been the rooted hair. I think the rooted hair allows for much better range of articulation. Plus I think it makes the figures look even more realistic. Sure we might see some fly aways with hair. But what human hair doesn't?View attachment 553119
it still looks frizzy on the end

After finally seeing the movie, other than Thena I'd get Ikaris, Sersi, Kingo and Makkari. Possibly Ajak and the final Deviant. Holding to see if this is a one and done, plus still not crazy about the sculpted hair.

Pretty easy to make an Ikaris.....
This is what I'm doing! Getting a third party sculpt of Bucky and gonna have the hair re-rooted. Already contact someone for a custom paint job to make it look more like Richard Madden. Can't wait to see the outcome!

Also gonna build a custom Gilgamesh and Sersi (all in casual looks). At least Thena won't be alone on my shelf. :ROFLMAO:

I think this figure looks pretty good, would have preferred rooted hair though, or at least a lighter shade

Also the headpiece is too large and different to the way it should be

I think this figure and the Gilgamesh figure both look really good. I’m not sure I want to start collecting another line but so far I think the Eternals figures look cool.

I just saw the movie about an hour ago. It was far from my favorite Marvel movie but my son and I enjoyed it. I thought it was pretty good despite some holes.

Of course it is possible that I ended up thinking the film was pretty good bk I had zero expectations going in …who knows.

In any case, there are quite a few figures I would rather see Hot Toys produce, I am glad that they made at least a couple of the Eternals and I hope that they come out as good as they look in these pictures.

Back