Hot Toys 1/6th - Eternals - Thena

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is a "nice" looking figure, but I found her look weird since the beginning. Too much plastic gold and white. I don't like the bleached blonde hair either. They should've been a darker, more "golden" shade, or just kept Anjelina's natural brown. The more armoured look she has in the current comics looks better.

eb20210820_14.jpg

I like Ancient Aliens as a concept, so I've read my fair share of Eternals, but I never liked it when they incorporated actual mythology into it (I find that it cheapens the myths and can sometimes be insulting to the culture itself), so I never cared for them. I mostly got into the series due to the Civil War tie-ins and the Gaiman stuff. Come to think of it, I never managed to get into the 4th World/Forever People from DC either. The movie didn't grab me either, so this is a hard, hard pass. I'm surprised they made it though.

This is going to be worth some bucks in 10 years because I dont see a lot of these being ordered / produced.
That's a possibillity. Another is that it's put on the backburner due to a lack of interest from everyone involved, and it ends up coming out 2 years later and filled with QC issues. I'm not rooting for that to happen, even if I don't care about a character/figure I always want them to turn out excellent because someone else is looking forward to it. I'm just throwing this out there because of the recently released CW Flash, so that folks can brace themselves for this possibility too.

Last edited:
This clearly upset some people. The people who predicted hot toys won't make anything from the Eternals. Will they ramp up their rage when a second Eternals figure is announced? You betcha.

By the way the sculpt looks great to me. Thank God we convinced hot toys to stop with the rooted hair on female figures! Imagine this figure with messy doll hair once people get it in hand and start posting pictures.

Thank God we convinced hot toys to stop with the rooted hair on female figures! Imagine this figure with messy doll hair once people get it in hand and start posting pictures.
Agreed. Makes me wish they had started doing that sooner, would have loved sculpted hair on the GOTG2 Gamora. Otherwise, it's a perfect figure.

Not for me. Glad to see Hot Toys has figured out the sculpted hair thing, even when it's long. Wish they would've modified that for Arkham Batgirl.

I think the figure looks quite good and I do see Jolie in there. I prefer rooted hair on females and some males, which to me almost always looks more realistic than sculpted plastic. Of course the Barbie-style synthetic hair can't compare with custom rooting. That said, I'll wait for the movie to hit D+ before deciding. I'm not one to prejudge without actually seeing a movie. This figure could certainly be a one and done, especially if preorders are lackluster. However I could also see HT producing another 2 or 3 characters if the streaming numbers are high and Marvel announces either a sequel or a Disney+ series.

Last edited:
I think it's the body. Overall the figure looks good but the proportions are a bit off compared to how Angelina Jolie looked in the movie. The figure looks a bit more bulky?
I think it's the separate armor piece that's the issue. I think it should be a sewn-on added layer that's more form fitting rather than that piece of plastic.

Another figure turned into a virtual statue by sculpted hair. And I agree with others that there’s something off about the face.

So that "clause" about how they have to make the entire line was full of ********?
No one truly knows unless they are in the know, which no one here is. With a premium product that Hot Toys makes with a premium price, it is highly illogical to think a company would put a demand like that to a company like this. They are not making 10 figures from this movie, nor is some premium statue company. Hasbro, on the other hand, makes hundreds of figures a year so I could see that ask/demand of them.

Back