Hot Toys 1/6 The Suicide Squad King Shark

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The problem is, and it's so often the case with Hot Toys because of their cost and time to market, I'd potentially consider King Shark but as a stand alone I'm not so interested.

I'd want a few more of the core characters from the end of the movie say. But as we know this will never happen.

Harley maybe.......she got about 8 figures from the last outing....
I see what you're saying, but would he really be a stand-alone? He's part of the DC universe and even Snyder-Verse to a small degree. He should fit in with any DC Collection.

I would buy King Shark immediately, but as a stand alone? He'll fit in great with any DCEU set up. He'd also display nicely with Soosoo's Superboy. I enjoy Cobb Vanth and Fennic. Would be buy neither.

I'm still hoping that HT makes him because I'd like to have him... but I'm pretty sure I will balk at the price, and likely be over him by the time he would ship.

I'm thinking a nice little King Shark from Hasbro or something for $19.99 will satisfy my Shark envy.

I do feel like some axes are being ground in the media, to herald this as a flop so soon despite the mitigating circumstances, especially from such a small margin of error - feels like an agenda. Or to be slightly more kind, it feels like an easy story that doesn't need much effort on the part of the writers.

If the agendas are within WB itself though....well if a small hiccup like this is enough to make WB decide to burn all their bridges with the DC fanbase YET AGAIN then frankly they deserve their lack of success. Its getting to a point with the WB executives where I feel like they should just sell the rights to some other studio with more faith in the franchise and can stick to a plan without coming across like headless chickens. Though that said, I'm not sure which big studios are left that could purchase the DC rights....

There is just such a clear lack of direction and faith with the studio in this IP.
For one, I have no idea which movies are actually still happening. At varying points there was talk of a Batfleck movie, a Jared Leto Joker movie, a sequel to the Phoenix Joker movie (which would be awesome), an Aquaman sequel, a Black Adam movie, A Shazam sequel, a Batgirl movie, A Nightwing movie, a Gotham PD tv series that ties into one of the many Batman universes now occuring, Flash movie with Keaton Batman, A Keaton Batman movie series revival, Black Superman movie, Supergirl movie, Man of Steel sequels, Blue Beetle movie, Cyborg movie, a Lobo movie, A Static Shock movie, An Aquaman horror movie spinoff about those monster-fish-people that live in the Trench, A New Gods movie, An Hourman movie and A Green Lantern buddy cop style show........

This is just showing **** at the wall and seeing what sticks - there is no vision here.

I think the Robert Pattinson Batman is the only upcoming thing from DC that I am genuinely really excited for at this point, other than a sequel to Phoenix's Joker movie and a continuation of Zack Snyder's Justice League story. I do keep an open mind and who knows there may be some hidden gems from the mess of potential upcoming properties, but I still think this ship is in need of a stable, confident captain willing to take risks.
I still live in hope that Discovery will clear house in the WB exec offices and get some people in who know the property and have a good plan and will follow through with it, and stop this self doubt type mentality we've seen over and over again.

There was one exec from a few years ago who had really good rapport with the Directors like Nolan etc. He went out and did his own thing which apparently didn't work out so well. Getting him back would be the way. He knows the system and has good connections to the directors who called WB home for years.

But it'll be into next year before the Discovery deal is ratified and things get real. Until then it'll be a lot of hit and miss type stuff I think.

I see what you're saying, but would he really be a stand-alone? He's part of the DC universe and even Snyder-Verse to a small degree. He should fit in with any DC Collection.
I guess it depends a bit how you collect. I'm pretty strictly only 1/6 and pretty much only Hot Toys. (a few others, but 90% Hot Toys).

I'm also not a huge comic fan as far as reading them as a kid. So I like some others tend to collect based on the movies these characters come out in.

But I guess there are plenty who know King Shark from the comics, so adding him to a collection with other diverse characters is fine.

There's also of course the chance of more being released. But given the box-office (despite being a good film) Hot Toys might be a bit nervous ??

First SS movie had 4 figures BEFORE the movie, 4 after - Deadshot, 3 Jokers, 2 Batman and 2 Harleys.

I still don’t think there will be any figures from this film, but WB announced today that this is the second most watched feature in the history of HBO Max. That counts as a success, especially when we are in the middle of a pandemic.

Well…..i never thought I’d see the day a company would skip the chance to make an easy buck with Harley merch. Maybe we actually won’t see anything from this film afterall.

Well…..i never thought I’d see the day a company would skip the chance to make an easy buck with Harley merch. Maybe we actually won’t see anything from this film afterall.
I don't think they're skipping. They just have two interior designs that haven't even made it to market of the same actress and character; they're not gonna cannibalize their sales on a TSS version.

I'm still hoping that HT makes him because I'd like to have him... but I'm pretty sure I will balk at the price, and likely be over him by the time he would ship.

I'm thinking a nice little King Shark from Hasbro or something for $19.99 will satisfy my Shark envy.
Spin Master and McFarlane are the license holders for DC, not Hasbro.

McFarlane has two options for King Shark. Either as a build-a-figure with parts that comes with 4 of the McFarlane Suicide Squad figures, or as a standalone release (same as BAF but paint and accessory variation) that's exclusive to Walmart in the US.

The standalone Gold Label megafig is currently out of stock at Walmart and being scalped on eBay, but you can get him from Popcultcha if you really want him.

https://mcfarlane.com/toys/king-shark-gold-label/
https://www.walmart.com/ip/McFarlan...ble-Action-Figure-Walmart-Exclusive/689231913

crazy-angry-professor-yelling-pointing-stick-senior-authoritarian-blackboard-traditional-educa...jpg

OK, OK, I didn't know....

Attachments

• crazy-angry-professor-yelling-pointing-stick-senior-authoritarian-blackboard-traditional-educa...jpg
    crazy-angry-professor-yelling-pointing-stick-senior-authoritarian-blackboard-traditional-educa...jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 35
I still don’t think there will be any figures from this film, but WB announced today that this is the second most watched feature in the history of HBO Max. That counts as a success, especially when we are in the middle of a pandemic.
That's pretty good news! Don't forget this is also a r-rated movie, with a tone/humour which isn't for everyone. AND casual moviegoers probably think this is a sequel to the first one, which was truly terribly boring. Closest movies to this are Guardians (obviously) and Deadpool. And I think and hope the word of mouth is going to carry the popularity of this movie forward. Im still certain they are going to announce a Bloodsport, Harley, Peacemaker and King Shark. In that order.

Last edited:

McFarlane has two options for King Shark. Either as a build-a-figure with parts that comes with 4 of the McFarlane Suicide Squad figures, or as a standalone release (same as BAF but paint and accessory variation) that's exclusive to Walmart in the US.

The standalone Gold Label megafig is currently out of stock at Walmart and being scalped on eBay, but you can get him from Popcultcha if you really want him.

https://mcfarlane.com/toys/king-shark-gold-label/
https://www.walmart.com/ip/McFarlan...ble-Action-Figure-Walmart-Exclusive/689231913
Man the auction for this guy on EBay is at $152.99 with 24 hours to go. Mine just arrived in the mail yesterday. Glad I preordered and only had to spend $39.99!

Man the auction for this guy on EBay is at $152.99 with 24 hours to go. Mine just arrived in the mail yesterday. Glad I preordered and only had to spend $39.99!
Glad you were able to secure one. Yeah, the prices are crazy but it's a popular character and a single retailer exclusive.

For anyone that didn't get it, it's in stock at Popcultcha for almost the same price as Walmart. Even with shipping, it's less than what you'd pay on eBay.

Snagged one from popculcha tonight. Was $55 shipped so not too bad, there’d be no way in hell I could find one locally.
Also ordered the funko pop for my desk at work. C’mon Hot Toys....make this

Last edited:
This is why I hate WM exclusives and refuse to participate hence killing my TVC and BS collection as well. If one wants to debate scalping this is it - not selling your figures for market value.

As far as the TSS is concerned I'll probably get the McFarlane series and call it a day.

Last edited:
Back