Hot Toys 1/6 Predator Expanded Universe Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can we get back to talking about Predator figures now? :angelsmil

Not the greatest translation, but he did mention the Comics version of Alien VS Predator and Machiko, but not the movie; so I take it that the guy that went to the show and saw the figure and the figure's title card in person, only got the impression that this is from the comics and not the movies. Everything is pointing to this being Machiko and not Alexa Woods.

OK, so it's an "AVP3 movie" version of Machiko with heavy nods to Lex... much the same as the TF movie Optimus Prime is an updated, flashier version of his 1980s cartoon incarnation. I can get that, it's quite impressive that HT have actually clocked the existence of a character who hasn't seen print since the mid-90s.

It's a very interesting move, showcasing this character ahead of THE Predator or further movie characters; "left of field" doesn't really begin to describe it. I guess that, from a marketing perspective, HT were perhaps getting a bit concerned that the market was throttling back for Predators - Cleaner Kit Wolf and BD P2 do not seem to be attracting the same Ebay resale prices as their predecessors - and wanted to do something different.
Just a pity the figure is so "Heavy Metal" in style, rather than the very functional lines of the comics. I wonder how hard it would be to replace the netting shirt with a more practical fabric bodysuit like the character sported in "War".

Found this. Now someone needs to translate it. Thanks!
fk064lf3.jpg

Nice find. Mask looks good...hair is a little more frazzled though. Batman Tumbler and Batpod have been made official...maybe this one will be announced soon.

Nice! This figure just keeps on looking better and better!

I do love the masked shot as well!

I may get her now that I know that she comes with the Bio Helmet! Also, I just noticed that she has the Wrist-Blades on her feet too.

-CJK

Man, I feel like Pitu after seeing those new pics.

...I just wanna run around my house screaming AYE PAPI!!!!

THANK YOU HOT TOYS! :D

The article's in Japanese. It says this is a new Hot Toys brand called "Hot Angel"! (I wonder what other female figures they plan to make!?!) Haven't had time to read through it carefully, but it looks like this is just as most of us suspected, an "original" Hot Toys AvP "Extended Universe" figure, inspired by Alexa from AvP and Machiko Noguchi from the comics and novels! :google

Bio-mask looks great. It also has the laser unit and alien claw marks on one side. Totally unexpected, but I know I'll be ordering one. I just wish HT would upgrade their female body with more athletic-looking arms! The rest of the body is fine, but the arms need just a little more "flesh" on them. :monkey4

My japanese is really rusty but heres what i have so far...

Top Right: " Brand new [ HOT ANGEL ] character born. women characters are coming to life"

Middle left:
" mysterious human warrior!? "
and then theres stuff about the character and how she was accepted by the preds and how she got ther scar. it also says how she is a combination of Alexa ( lex ) and Machiko. Price and release date still in the works. ( sorry thats all i could get out of that part.:confused: )

Bottom: Comes with battle scared helmet, laser unit cannon, alien shield, and pred skull.

That's what i got so far. Hopefully we get a better translation soon

Mudshark, and Fokai_Snake, thanks for translating! I'm really, REALLY pumped for this release!

Goddamn that kicks ass!

Sorry Fokai-Snake, but I believe "shin brando" means new brand, not brand new. I took this to mean HT is releasing a new brand called "HOT ANGEL". Thanks for having a go at it. :)

Back