Hot Toys 1/6 Predator Expanded Universe Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Where is one of those, "this thread is useless without pics" graphics.

Boy, do I want more pics.

useless.jpg

I never said Predator was a classic of european cinema that would be redicilous (For one thing it isn't even european). It is a classic in it's own genre wich is the sci-fi action movie genre. I dissagree with you on the notion that it is made like any run-of-the-mill sci-fi movie. It showed innovative camera-work (Mctiernan almost got fired for this) and is made far better than most films from the same genre.

You spell like an under educated 12 year old and you have the nerve to call someone else stupid. Grab the dictionary before your next tirade.:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

I would love to get this figure, Although I would love to get a Alexa from AVP as well.
There needs to be a few more female characters from movies dammit!

Ps- The first Predator film is a classic film. The camera work is amazing for the time.

I did a Bable Fish translation of the person who posted the pics of this figure at One Sixth Custom Figure Forum and this is what turned up:
* At [hotsutotoizubusu] of Tokyo toy show 2008 you looked at the new work.
In comics edition “ALIENS VS PREDATOR” it was helped in [puredeta], became the woman soldier “[machiko]”? (Details you see you forgot)
The head considerably the taste was modelling,love (as for the mask you break out kana? )
Not the greatest translation, but he did mention the Comics version of Alien VS Predator and Machiko, but not the movie; so I take it that the guy that went to the show and saw the figure and the figure's title card in person, only got the impression that this is from the comics and not the movies. Everything is pointing to this being Machiko and not Alexa Woods.

But I'm shocked that the Japanese haven't taken as many pictures of these figures as Americans would've done at the SDCC. I have yet to see a pic of the Title Card.

In what language was it posted? If it was Japanese, then I think someone on this board speaks Japanese; can't remember who, but it came up in a discussion here a while back...

In what language was it posted? If it was Japanese, then I think someone on this board speaks Japanese; can't remember who, but it came up in a discussion here a while back...

You're probably thinking of icruise... he translates Japanese for a living, I believe. If you could post a link or pic of the text, I could have a go at it... in fact I'm sitting next to a Japanese person right now (my wife).

It was Japanese.
Here's the original text:
★東京おもちゃショー2008のホットトイズブースにて新作を見てきました。
コミックス版「ALIENS VS PREDATOR」でプレデターに助けられ、女戦士になった「マチコ」?(詳細見てくるの忘れました)
ヘッドはかなり好みな造形でした (マスクはかぶれるのかな?)
Here's the OSCF Forum post:
https://www.oscf.net/viewtopic.php?t=931

Thanks, mate. Not sure who was commenting on the figure, judging from the remarks, but he/she basically says that he saw a new product at the Hot Toys booth at the '08 Tokyo Toy Show, and that it was an Aliens vs Predator comic version of Machiko, the human female warrior who helped the Predators. He said that he forgot to check the details. He loved the head sculpt and wondered if the bio mask can be worn.

Don't know how much help this is. What we really need is an announcement from Hot Toys or some other kind of confirmation.

Thanks, mate. Not sure who was commenting on the figure, judging from the remarks, but he/she basically says that he saw a new product at the Hot Toys booth at the '08 Tokyo Toy Show, and that it was an Aliens vs Predator comic version of Machiko, the human female warrior who helped the Predators. He said that he forgot to check the details. He loved the head sculpt and wondered if the bio mask can be worn.

Don't know how much help this is. What we really need is an announcement from Hot Toys or some other kind of confirmation.

That's quite a bit of help actually. I'm sure he would've seen the title card next to the figure and if it said anything different, I'm sure he would've noted that.
Thanks for the translation! :duff

You spell like an under educated 12 year old and you have the nerve to call someone else stupid. Grab the dictionary before your next tirade.:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

Well english is not really my native language, i challenge you to debate in my native language. The world does not begin and end with the USA:lol. It is funny that when people know they are ignorant and don't have anything to say or add to the conversation anymore they always attack someone else on spelling as a last resort:lol:rotfl:lol. It's a self-defense mechanism of the most primitive kind.

Last edited:
pics pics where are the pics
does this means that hot tous will also produce expanded universe aliens ?
i really hope we get at least 2 lost hunters before a expanded universe predator

That's quite a bit of help actually. I'm sure he would've seen the title card next to the figure and if it said anything different, I'm sure he would've noted that.
Thanks for the translation! :duff

No problem, glad I could help. Too bad he forgot to check the "details" though! Makes me wonder what else he would've reported about it. Guess we'll know more soon enough, though.

Back