Hot Toys 1/6 Buzz Lightyear

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
really needs a second sculpt with the hair out

So sad he didn't get a swapable hair version. Without the hair I feel it is a pass for me. The hair is the main selling point of the new Buzz character design for me. What makes him stand out from the toy story merchandise.

yeah I'm disappointed there isn't another head with hair

I think I'll just put my EG Captain America Rogers head sculpt on it :ROFLMAO:

But yeah that would be a nice incusion.

I think my main disappointment is the lack of a second face sculpt. The weapons and wings attachment somewhat lack relevance, and come off a little goofy when equipped without the intense face sculpt. That said, this is still a pretty solid release and one not to miss.

First post has been updated with description and pictures.
For anyone ordering, I think Deluxe would be the way to go to get the wings.

I absolutely love this release with the exception as others have mentioned: This needs an interchangeable sculpt with hair!
I am not sure why S.H. Figuarts and Beast Kingdom can do this but Hot Toys can't. I am hoping they change their mind down the line.
If it had a sculpt with hair it would be a day one preorder for me

Last edited:
IMG_0570.png

The suit needs to light up as well. I'd never turn them on, but HT manages to put all the lights on the IM figures.

I want I want I want I want I want!!!!
He is perfect! Only ''complaint'' is that I truly want the alternative head with hair, he looks cool with hair out!
I'm buying, day one
Now I would love a great Woody to pair him up with but the Toyman's knockoff of PlayToy is not very convincing for me
Actually it's not bad, watch the review on youtube. He looks pretty good to me and they will look super cool together! This gonna sound weird,but I prefer this face over the Toyman's original. I know it's almost identical but love more cartoonish look on PlayToy version.

Overall, I think he looks great. I have to agree that a hair sculpt would have really helped. Wonder what he costs?

Back