1/6 Hot Toys 【Solo: A Star Wars Story - 1/6th scale Darth Maul Collectible Figure】

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys 【Solo: A Star Wars Story - 1/6th scale Darth Maul Collectible Figure】

So unexpected and still very obvious from Hot Toys to cash on such an iconic character. I wish they'd have expanded Solo's line up with Lando, Chewy, Range Trooper and Mimban Stormtrooper before going for that Maul but it is nonetheless tempting.

Re: Hot Toys 【Solo: A Star Wars Story - 1/6th scale Darth Maul Collectible Figure】

Lack-of-fiber Maul pushing a difficult one out while reflecting on the reception to his Solo cameo.

I raise this point only because of the obvious - his "bottom" half is missing in this new post-TPM life, so I wonder how all that works for him. Is that mechanized too?:dunno

So there are both a Qira and a Maul Hologram for this figure. Do you think Hot Toys will make a Qi'ra figure? (why make a Maul hologram then?).

I really hope Hot toys will make Qi'ra!!! I need this figure so much. Solo A Star Wars Story was awesome

Yeah, this is pretty unexpected but damn it’s pretty cool looking actually. To me Solo is the better film, but Maul is obviously more iconic in The Phantom Menace. If we ever get the rumored Obi-Wan movie or series this could potentially double as a figure from that as I’d imagine we’d see them square off again.

Nah, he's dead by then. Obi Wan killed him in Rebels a year or two before ANH.

He was killed off in his actual movie appearance, too. That didn't stop him coming back. :lol

What happened in a cartoon, made before they owned the franchise, isn't going to stop Disney if they wanted to bring the character back again at a point set after that time. Everything is only canon until it isn't. They'd just say he wasn't killed after all (again) and leave it to an inevitable tie-in comic to explain why, and power on regardless...

Maul is popular. Disney is all about monetizing popular. I suspect whether it is in the Cassian Andor series, the Mandelorian, or some future Star Wars film or tv show, we certainly haven't seen the last of Maul on our screens.

As for the figure, not a priority for me, but I have no doubt that it will sell. There's a lot of love for Maul, even among those who aren't PT fans.

Yeah, this is pretty unexpected but damn it’s pretty cool looking actually. To me Solo is the better film, but Maul is obviously more iconic in The Phantom Menace. If we ever get the rumored Obi-Wan movie or series this could potentially double as a figure from that as I’d imagine we’d see them square off again.

Yeah, I'd love to see Obi Wan onscreen dealing with what we deal with in the real world (Palps, I'm looking at you...): "But... I cut you in half and then you fell down a bottomless pit..."

How very Meta.:lol

Looks better than TPM version IMO.

He was killed off in his actual movie appearance, too. That didn't stop him coming back. :lol

What happened in a cartoon, made before they owned the franchise, isn't going to stop Disney if they wanted to bring the character back again at a point set after that time. Everything is only canon until it isn't. They'd just say he wasn't killed after all (again) and leave it to an inevitable tie-in comic to explain why, and power on regardless...

Eh, Rebels are already made by Disney/Lucasfilm Story Group lead by Hidalgo. It's rock solid canon.

I never would have predicted this one! If it was shown at sdcc I would have been worried it was an inevitable cancellation, but given hot toys posting official pics, this thing will surely be on sideshow later today.

yep...a local Etailer in Oz has the official pics up with $TBC...so it's happening.woot woot

So unexpected and still very obvious from Hot Toys to cash on such an iconic character. I wish they'd have expanded Solo's line up with Lando, Chewy, Range Trooper and Mimban Stormtrooper before going for that Maul but it is nonetheless tempting.

Yeah, but the cynic in me thinks this is about it for Solo figures. I don't seem HT doing a Krennic for R1 for Solo. Shame considering I wanted Corealia Han.

Lando and Beckett would be cool. The Black Series figures are awesome.

Yeah, I'd love to see Obi Wan onscreen dealing with what we deal with in the real world (Palps, I'm looking at you...): "But... I cut you in half and then you fell down a bottomless pit..."

How very Meta.:lol

Well, Vader tossed ol’ Palpy down a kilometre long shaft and he burst into a big blue ball of flame, then the Death Star exploded. He’s back.
Hmm....maybe they’ll bring Han back with robo-legs! Or at the very least, a bio-mechanical plug in his torso.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Well, Vader tossed ol’ Palpy down a kilometre long shaft and he burst into a big blue ball of flame, then the Death Star exploded. He’s back.
Hmm....maybe they’ll bring Han back with robo-legs! Or at the very least, a bio-mechanical plug in his torso.

Well, Palpatine is exceptional and extremely powerful- in a universe where force ghosts exist - why not. Depends on how it’s done of course.

WTF? Kudos to all who are happy with this, but WTF?
We wait for months for Star Wars after 7,546 marvel figure reveals and we get a third maul and a sequel trooper. The guy was cut in half, it was ridiculous to bring him back to begin with. There better be plenty of ot goodness on display the is week or I will angrily type on a website about expensive dolly toys that I want.

Wasn"t he just called "Mail" ...not "Darth" anymore..

Hot Toys 【Solo: A Star Wars Story - 1/6th scale Darth Maul Collectible Figure】

Well, Palpatine is exceptional and extremely powerful- in a universe where force ghosts exist - why not. Depends on how it’s done of course.

Good point. I was just letting some sarcasm out of my system![emoji2]
Personally, I can’t muster any excitement for this figure but I’m glad people are happy. It’s nice when a reveal sparks some joy.

This is such a random release :clap Those legs have to be die-cast.

I thought SDCC was going to be quite boring for HT SW, but we could literally see anything shown. You can't discount the possibility of seeing a Qi'ra.

I am genuinely surprised so many are happy with this figure. Even though I’m not excited about it at all, I hope it does well. If it sells, it will open the door to more out of left field figures.

Don't need this but happy for people that wanted this. The original one is what I want.

Back