1/6 Hot Toys 【Solo: A Star Wars Story - 1/6th scale Darth Maul Collectible Figure】

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys 【Solo: A Star Wars Story - 1/6th scale Darth Maul Collectible Figure】

I'm tempted to pick this up only to Frankenstein both versions together. I'd like to create a sort of mythos/Rebels version, using TPM head, Solo legs/body (somewhat exposed upper body tats) with a mixture of both outfits. Would definitely use the Solo version of his saber.

Re: Hot Toys 【Solo: A Star Wars Story - 1/6th scale Darth Maul Collectible Figure】

He has Keaton mouth.
Why can't HT handle swirling effect properly?

And also after apparently having recently recovered from surgery too. Silly, silly 'fans'.

Yeah his face is starting to sag a bit with age, but he still looked pretty darn fit otherwise.

It's strange that I'm actually more excited at the idea of getting this than TPM Maul. Probably because it's just so surprising and different.

Not only age, but they gave him scars and things to indicate he'd been through some rough times since TPM.

This looks awesome!! Though I don't think I'll be buying him. But very cool none the less.

I don't see/understand how anyone thinks this is an odd choice for a figure. It's Darth freaking Maul!! By far the most popular character from the PT. And most likely being made cause the EPI version is selling rather well. And nothing from Solo is flying of the shelves in any form. I'm sure HT would like to make money of buying the rights to the Solo movie. Maul is a much smarter choice than a young Lando or Qira or the fembot :)yuck). Even the pimp trooper or dirty stormtrooper with cape.

I get people's frustration that HT would make this over other characters, but they are a business. He will easily outsell all those other figures people are clamoring for. Except maybe OT figures.

It's all about timing, TPM Maul is out with the Deluxe still hanging around, this could help sell that, getting some collectors to buy the deluxe and get more use from the bike than with just TPM Maul, and everyone is excited about Maul right now, same figure a few years from now may be less popular.

I wonder how extensive the body tattooing is on this. If HT just did his torso or a portion of it or if they went all out.

4FD41770-88DE-42F9-A867-4FB3568A128C.jpeg

Right, so all those prototypes for Nimban trooper, Rangetrooper, Chewbacca, etc...nada. What felt like likely SOLO announcements (ahem, Glover Lando), nada. But the 'Easter egg' brief sequence of Darth Maul, we get as a 1/6 figure! :-/

I’m probably in the minority but this would be the only figure from Solo I’d buy so I’m pretty happy about this one.

Tempting but I’m not feeling “chubby”
Maul. Going to stick with the TPM version

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The HT TPM version IS the chubby Maul....

I'm interested in this to pair with the Mythos Kenobi figure, although it's not super high on my list of wants. Pretty surprised to see it being produced.

Might also be fun to pick up a Hasbro speeder to weather/destroy.

Well this was an interesting surprise. While I think he had a cool look and I was genuinely surprised to see him pop up in the movie (everyone told me there was a cool cameo in the movie and I figured it was Boba Fett), he was in the film for only about 20 seconds and its unlikely this plotline will go anywhere unless its picked up in Mandalorian. Im really going to have to think hard on this one.

Well this was an interesting surprise. While I think he had a cool look and I was genuinely surprised to see him pop up in the movie (everyone told me there was a cool cameo in the movie and I figured it was Boba Fett), he was in the film for only about 20 seconds and its unlikely this plotline will go anywhere unless its picked up in Mandalorian. Im really going to have to think hard on this one.

Probably not since he's long dead by the time the Mandalorian even takes place. At least 10-15 years in between, if I'm not mistaken.

But I wouldn't mind a Crime Boss Maul series announced after Cassian's. With the Mandalorian getting a budget of $15million an episode, a high quality Maul show wouldn't be out the question. That announcement would make me PO this figure ASAP instead of waiting for someone to unload theirs in the Marketplace here:lol

Superb looking figure. It's hard to find him a spot in HT SW relase madness but I'll do it for the love of Solo.

His plotline should be in next Solo movie, which will probably never gonna happen. Sadly. We must be satisfied with cartoons, novels and comics.

Back