Hot Toys – MMS183 The Dark Knight Rises Bane Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys – MMS183 - The Dark Knight Rises: Bane Collectible Figure

Tom Hardy really isn't a big guy. I never really thought the figure needed to be more muscular, maybe enlarge the traps. Everything else about it looks right.

Yup pretty much. If there's anything that really needs fixing, it's the traps, which should be bigger.

Tom Hardy really isn't a big guy. I never really thought the figure needed to be more muscular, maybe enlarge the traps. Everything else about it looks right.

Yup pretty much. If there's anything that really needs fixing, it's the traps, which should be bigger.

while i agree with you guys (being fine with the figure minus the traps), but the coat isn't right (buttons, weathering, color of fuzzy lining, and I think pockets), the "vest" needs to be tightend, and boots aren't right either. But I'm not too fussed about those things, b/c those are things I can fix :lol

Hardy's not a big guy at all. You guys have seen too many paparazzi pics!

He looked pretty massive in the movie and that's all I care about.

He looked pretty massive in the movie and that's all I care about.

Yeah but then how far do you draw the line between movie accuracy against a stylized depiction?
Not something to throw against you, but I think it's a pretty valid question.

I mean there's this:
UP9yt.png

but then there's also this:
BaneTDKRart.jpg

The figure has to look accurate to how he appears in the movie.

There's a reason these new BTS pics are only showing up now and weren't part of the marketing campaign - Hardy doesn't look big enough in them! In the film they used camera tricks/angles to make him appear bigger.

The figure does not reflect that.

Also the traps definitely need to be bigger, and the vest fitting needs to be loosened up a bit.

Refer to Seb's custom - he uses the SAME body as HT (barney Ross version) but all he's added is some enlarged traps and better fitting clothing, and the difference is huge

we didn't get movie accuracy tho:
attachment.php

Hardy's not a big man tho, but he's bulky and short not athletic and short. The Hot Toys figure needs a smaller head, larger neck, chest, bask, stomach and bulkier legs and pants. The arms aren't bad but the body is not Bane from TDKR imo.

Okay so here's my take:

Yes he wanted to fulfill Ra's Al Ghul's destiny, but that's mostly because he had idolized him. I don't think it's weird that he had some vendetta against Bruce. Bane was kicked out from the League despite his great respect for the organization whereas Bruce was the opposite. Bane greatly hated Bruce because despite being taken in by the League (and considered to be Ra's Al Ghul's greatest student), Bruce had rejected them at the very end. If anything, it makes sense in that it's his true motivation for even plotting to take over Gotham. Unlike Ra's Al Ghul who saw it as some form of true justice, Bane actually recognized himself as a "necessary evil".

I always considered Bruce to be a part of Batman, so I was pretty satisfied with what we got but that's just me.

Bruce isolated himself for 8 years. By the time he researched about Selina, it's readily assumed that he only found out about her at that point, in which he discovered that she was a pretty experienced cat burglar.

The plan was NOT to kill Bruce in the city with the bomb, the plan was that Bane would capture the city to torment Bruce by showing the pathetic state of Gotham. Through his rule, he would give hope to the masses while secretly plotting to actually blow them all up as a way of mocking Bruce for his supposed failure. When Bruce had escaped, Talia had no choice but to speed up the bomb's detonation despite the fact that Bane had initially wanted to prolong it (it was meant to go off a few months later I think). While it's never disclosed if they were willing to blow themselves up along with Gotham while Bruce was stuck in the Pit, I'm still pretty sure that Talia and Bane were twisted and dedicated enough to willingly kill themselves like that.

:exactly::lecture:goodpost:

Also Bane and Talia and the LoS in general is portrayed like the terrorist organizations of the real world. They ARE willing to sacrifice themselves for their cause.

we didn't get movie accuracy tho.... Hardy's not a big man tho, but he's bulky and short not athletic and short. The Hot Toys figure needs a smaller head, larger neck, chest, bask, stomach and bulkier legs and pants. The arms aren't bad but the body is not Bane from TDKR imo.

That's what I mean, rather I find that some people's expectations of how the figure SHOULD look like tend to be a bit unrealistic or somewhat exagerrated. Though you're right, aside from the different/missing details on the outfit, the other parts you pointed out are pretty much spot-on and if Hot Toys actually decides to make such changes then this could've been the perfect Bane figure. Now that I think about it, that pic isn't so bad at showing off Hardy's general physique and silhouette, Hot Toys should definitely consider using it as a reference pic or something.

Last edited:

we didn't get movie accuracy tho:
attachment.php

Hardy's not a big man tho, but he's bulky and short not athletic and short. The Hot Toys figure needs a smaller head, larger neck, chest, bask, stomach and bulkier legs and pants. The arms aren't bad but the body is not Bane from TDKR imo.

I didn't realize how off the vest is until seeing this pic. That is pretty bad. Even the mask...it should go extend up higher, closer to his eyes. I'm sure I'm just stirring up much discussed issues though LOL.

The figure's build needs bulked up. The tailoring isn't the best either.

AyJGYYQCYAAweGH.jpg

I am actually amazed that Hot Toys is selling this thing, it is a joke.

What's the last figure to draw so much criticism from collectors that prompted Hot Toys to improve it? Has it ever happened?

I really don't think HT needs to do that much work to make it right.

What's the last figure to draw so much criticism from collectors that prompted Hot Toys to improve it? Has it ever happened?

Think it the new hot toys Thor .

Think it the new hot toys Thor .

close, but the DX T-800 got a brand new sculpt and Avengers Cap, they added the hood at the back for when he doesn't have the helmet on. There could be more with Avengers Cap, but he hasn't been fully revealed yet

Thanks. I guess what I meant was making changes to the figure between the time the first official pics are released to when the figure is released.

I just want this figure ASAP, after I see DKR on blu five times next week..!

Back