Hot Toys – MMS183 The Dark Knight Rises Bane Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys – MMS183 - The Dark Knight Rises: Bane Collectible Figure

Man, after this discussion popped back up, I really hope they reworked him and once they show us their new "to be relesed soon" pics...he´ll look way more bulky...

Bulky! That's the term! I don't want the figure to be taller, or more muscular or anything of that sort. I want him to be bigger. His barrelled chest, round shoulders and strong gut. His thick, short neck and powerful traps. Just want a bulkier figure.

Bulky! That's the term! I don't want the figure to be taller, or more muscular or anything of that sort. I want him to be bigger. His barrelled chest, round shoulders and strong gut. His thick, short neck and powerful traps. Just want a bulkier figure.

Those are features that he´s missing atm, absolutely.
Cause getting this and THEN swappting that with a more muscular one would be bad...moneywise.
Although THEN I could have a look after the Black Sabbath clothes from MC Toys and finally setting up a bada** Tony Stark.

I think he was made to look as tall as Batman in the movie.

Man, after this discussion popped back up, I really hope they reworked him and once they show us their new "to be relesed soon" pics...he´ll look way more bulky...

Yeah I'm hoping the production figure turns out to be a nice surprise.

Yeah I'm hoping the production figure turns out to be a nice surprise.

That would be pretty cool, but overall it doesn't matter much to me. I'm displaying with the coat on so his body doesn't concern me. :lol

Once DKR comes to blu next week I'm going to be soooo wanting Bane..c'mon HT do a January release on him!!!

Once DKR comes to blu next week I'm going to be soooo wanting Bane..c'mon HT do a January release on him!!!

Nooooooope. Would rather have more time to save up for him as well as more leeway time for Hot Toys to think about on improving this figure.

Thats what I dont understand about some people's arguements here. They try to debate the fact that "Hardy is short and not as big in reality as they make him seem TDKR." Why would I want a figure of what he looks like in reality....I want f'n Bane! Tall, buff, scary Bane.

I think I prefer the real hardy

Oh really? were you involved in the special effects or editing? :lol

well first off the angle in the above pic its too hard to really tell how far it sits off the face so I can't say for sure, secondly I dont care. it looks like bane and wouldn't be mistaken as anything else, so good enough for me

Don't need to be involved in the special effects or editing to see that it's just a mask sitting on Hardy's face. It's not like the CG'd it to look flatter than a nose would allow space for.

I think he looks ok with the jacket on. :rotfl

:lecture And that's how I will have him posed 90% of the tie. Which means, the upper body proportions (neck, arms, shoulders) are a non issue in my collection.

Re-watching TDKR scenes on Youtube and when Batman's break's bane's mask the pain and anger shown by Hardy is perfect, you really get the feeling all the pain the mask keeps in is being unleashed and Bane turn's into a beast, especially when he pins Batman to the column and unleashes a barrage to his mid section :clap i was initially a bit down on this film when i saw it the first time, but the second viewing it really grew on me and since then it keeps rising in my view of it.

:rock :rock :rock :rock :rock

I actually agree, the film definitely gets better in retrospect. A lot of the dialogue actually self-references itself and there's a lot of hidden clever writing that wasn't as obvious during the first time around. I actually noticed that despite the final twist with Talia, Bane's role doesn't feel diminished at all. If anything, looking back Bane was mainly the one who wanted to toy with Gotham, it was mainly Talia that wanted to blow up the city to fulfill Ra's Al Ghul's goal whereas Bane used it more as a personal justification to torment Batman. Bane's goal was based on absolutes, he wasn't like a judge that needed to justify his goals (like Ra's) or someone that wanted to test the citizens' morals (like Joker) or someone that simply wanted revenge (like Talia), he was more like the sadistic executioner who recognizes his actions as actually being cruel and evil and simply wishes to carry them out based on some twisted personal vendetta against Bruce for rejecting the LOS (the very same organization that had cast him aside despite his great respect for them).

Last edited:

I actually agree, the film definitely gets better in retrospect. A lot of the dialogue actually self-references itself and there's a lot of hidden clever writing that wasn't as obvious during the first time around. I actually noticed that despite the final twist with Talia, Bane's role doesn't feel diminished at all. If anything, looking back Bane was mainly the one who wanted to toy with Gotham, it was mainly Talia that wanted to blow up the city to fulfill Ra's Al Ghul's goal whereas Bane used it more as a personal justification to torment Batman. Bane's goal was based on absolutes, he wasn't like a judge that needed to justify his goals (like Ra's) or someone that wanted to test the citizens' morals (like Joker) or someone that simply wanted revenge (like Talia), he was more like the sadistic executioner who recognizes his actions as actually being cruel and evil and simply wishes to carry them out based on some twisted personal vendetta against Bruce for rejecting the LOS (the very same organization that had cast him aside despite his great respect for them).
So don't you think its weird that he had some weird vendetta against Bruce. I mean I think he wants to fulfill Ra's destiny. I thought the movie was better on repeated viewings, but what doesnt change is the lack of Batman. They really lost the essence of Batman as the trilogy went on. Then they didn't put in anything about Bane's origin. I really want to see that cut.
Also, where did Selina Kyle come from? Was she trained by the league of shadows? How does she know how to fight? Why doesn't Bruce care about that and why does the audience believe it when they devoted an entire movie to make us believe Batman could do it? If you compare Selina to Rachel Dawes, its hard to believe they're from the same trilogy. One is seriously grounded in reality and one is...not. I would've liked more character stuff than the big orchestrated mess that was the third act. And maybe someone can explain this to me, but if the plan was to kill Bruce in the city with the bomb with the "slow knife" then why did Bane take him to the prison and why didn't Talia stop him and were they just going to kill themselves in the city while Bruce lived in prison on some other continent?

Third act was awesome.

So don't you think its weird that he had some weird vendetta against Bruce. I mean I think he wants to fulfill Ra's destiny. I thought the movie was better on repeated viewings, but what doesnt change is the lack of Batman. They really lost the essence of Batman as the trilogy went on. Then they didn't put in anything about Bane's origin. I really want to see that cut.
Also, where did Selina Kyle come from? Was she trained by the league of shadows? How does she know how to fight? Why doesn't Bruce care about that and why does the audience believe it when they devoted an entire movie to make us believe Batman could do it? If you compare Selina to Rachel Dawes, its hard to believe they're from the same trilogy. One is seriously grounded in reality and one is...not. I would've liked more character stuff than the big orchestrated mess that was the third act. And maybe someone can explain this to me, but if the plan was to kill Bruce in the city with the bomb with the "slow knife" then why did Bane take him to the prison and why didn't Talia stop him and were they just going to kill themselves in the city while Bruce lived in prison on some other continent?

bb_look.gif

Okay so here's my take:
So don't you think its weird that he had some weird vendetta against Bruce. I mean I think he wants to fulfill Ra's destiny.
Yes he wanted to fulfill Ra's Al Ghul's destiny, but that's mostly because he had idolized him. I don't think it's weird that he had some vendetta against Bruce. Bane was kicked out from the League despite his great respect for the organization whereas Bruce was the opposite. Bane greatly hated Bruce because despite being taken in by the League (and considered to be Ra's Al Ghul's greatest student), Bruce had rejected them at the very end. If anything, it makes sense in that it's his true motivation for even plotting to take over Gotham. Unlike Ra's Al Ghul who saw it as some form of true justice, Bane actually recognized himself as a "necessary evil".

I thought the movie was better on repeated viewings, but what doesnt change is the lack of Batman.
I always considered Bruce to be a part of Batman, so I was pretty satisfied with what we got but that's just me.

Also, where did Selina Kyle come from? Was she trained by the league of shadows? How does she know how to fight? Why doesn't Bruce care about that and why does the audience believe it when they devoted an entire movie to make us believe Batman could do it?
Bruce isolated himself for 8 years. By the time he researched about Selina, it's readily assumed that he only found out about her at that point, in which he discovered that she was a pretty experienced cat burglar.

And maybe someone can explain this to me, but if the plan was to kill Bruce in the city with the bomb with the "slow knife" then why did Bane take him to the prison and why didn't Talia stop him and were they just going to kill themselves in the city while Bruce lived in prison on some other continent?

The plan was NOT to kill Bruce in the city with the bomb, the plan was that Bane would capture the city to torment Bruce by showing the pathetic state of Gotham. Through his rule, he would give hope to the masses while secretly plotting to actually blow them all up as a way of mocking Bruce for his supposed failure. When Bruce had escaped, Talia had no choice but to speed up the bomb's detonation despite the fact that Bane had initially wanted to prolong it (it was meant to go off a few months later I think). While it's never disclosed if they were willing to blow themselves up along with Gotham while Bruce was stuck in the Pit, I'm still pretty sure that Talia and Bane were twisted and dedicated enough to willingly kill themselves like that.

Last edited:

I think Bane would benifit from having DX10 arnie arms they are double joint so we could do the vest pose. I don't know about anyone else but i have no intention of displaying him with just his vest/no top. i will either be doing final battle(brown jumper) or winter coat so the double joint showing wouldn't bother me.

beefed up a bit more this will make a great piece to sit next to dx12. i wasn't getting this figure but after watching the film again how can i pass and besides if they do remake him i can use this one as a prologue custom :yess:

Last edited:

tumblr_mdyqgxlYyv1rxkfsko1_1280.jpg

901914_press01-001.jpg

Maybe the size isn't as far off as I thought. Hardy's arms in that picture actually look thinner than the figure.

SnakeDoc

Tom Hardy really isn't a big guy. I never really thought the figure needed to be more muscular, maybe enlarge the traps. Everything else about it looks right.

:lecture And that's how I will have him posed 90% of the tie. Which means, the upper body proportions (neck, arms, shoulders) are a non issue in my collection.

:exactly: I am content with that.

Back