Hot Toys – MMS183 The Dark Knight Rises Bane Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys – MMS183 - The Dark Knight Rises: Bane Collectible Figure

That looks real nice, how are the arms though? They may be too huge.

:lol :lol

They are big, but not too big IMO. I'd at least rather have Hardy's chain climbing stunt double than his skinny SDCC cosplayer :lol

how close are the arms to the body with that pose?

20121130152332.jpg

So really, there should be no issue getting him to hold his coat/vest if they use these arms or similarly designed arms. But the torso is probably too big for him. Plus the fact they need to give him his scar down his back means they need to make a new torso for him anyway. So as long as they use these type of arms with a new torso he should look much better!

Bicep might be too big. But the payoff of being able to do the "boss" pose might convince me to swap if they don't upgrade the body.

The figure's build needs bulked up. The tailoring isn't the best either.

AyJGYYQCYAAweGH.jpg

It is amazing how much better this could look with a few small changes. This is one of those times Hot toys really needed to go back to the drawing board and tweak a few things. Then again if they did that, they wouldn't be able to get people to inevitably buy a second slightly better version 12 months later :rotfl

It is amazing how much better this could look with a few small changes. This is one of those times Hot toys really needed to go back to the drawing board and tweak a few things. Then again if they did that, they wouldn't be able to get people to inevitably buy a second slightly better version 12 months later :rotfl

"Few small changes" is a pretty huge understatement. Given the amount of stuff they'd have to change, they'd practically have to revise a large chunk of the figure. One little crit I have against that photo is how his shoulders are way too pushed up (meaning that if you put his arms to the side, his shoulders would look like they're bulging out).

I do have to say that having checked their page, slapping that photo on HT's Facebook page isn't really the best (and most polite) way to voice our concerns with the figure. I actually recommend using comparison stills as opposed to a modified version of the figures image because in terms of being courteous, slamming such an image on their face in itself sounds pretty insulting to HT if you ask me.

Yeah the Arnie body would be overkill size wise, need a body of the Barney Ross size with larger traps and better arm poseability.

tumblr_mdyqgxlYyv1rxkfsko1_1280.jpg

Maybe the size isn't as far off as I thought. Hardy's arms in that picture actually look thinner than the figure.

SnakeDoc

:goodpost: When Hardy isn't rolling his shoulders forward to artificially push his traps up, he's not a hulk. People need to take a deep breath, and take a long hard look at the above pic.

I am actually amazed that Hot Toys is selling this thing, it is a joke.

Wut?

Oh look it's Difabio.

abandon+thread2_s.gif

:rotfl

Dis ordinary figma shouldn't be as big as Arnold . . .

He was a shrimp in the film, the figure should reflect that. Keep da arms Hot Toys.

Instead of making tweaks, Hot Toys should make him talk with 35 phrases of pure meme lolz.

"Of CAWse"

"FOWR U"

"Owr perhaps he's wundering why sumone wuld shoota man before trowing him outofa plene."

"No one. Cared who I was. Till I put on da mask. "

"CRASHING DIS plene . . . . . . . WIT NO SURFIFAS"

"we ah initiated, aren't weh Broose? *change to sith lord voice* Membas of da Leak of Shadooooows"

633584945109156823-trolling.jpeg

:goodpost: When Hardy isn't rolling his shoulders forward to artificially push his traps up, he's not a hulk. People need to take a deep breath, and take a long hard look at the above pic.

That's true but that's not screen accurate.

This is a behind the scenes pic, it's not a still from the film. In the film for the most part he DOES roll his shoulders to enlarge the traps, it's part of the look.

For that reason the HT with its normal traps fails for me.

That's true but that's not screen accurate.

This is a behind the scenes pic, it's not a still from the film. In the film for the most part he DOES roll his shoulders to enlarge the traps, it's part of the look.

HarrisonFord.gif

:lol Sorry, always wanted a reason to use that gif.

Seriously though, My feelings about Bane's traps on this figure =

15449898641.gif

I would probably do that. :lol

Thought so. :lol

Zach's modified before and after pic is like in the Arkham Asylum before he get's the venom injected into him. :lol

Maybe it's the head? I mean even in the film, his head doesn't look as large (especially compared to Batman with the cowl on).

The traps, while definitely being the main issue here, don't look too bad in some angles. HT should seriously take a photo of this figure from the front with just the vest on, it's hard to tell how good/bad he looks with the body considering how all the shots of him are angled.

I dont give a **** what Hardy looks like in reality...I WANT BANE.

I understand we spend a lot of money on these figs and so we should expect a lot in return... but it seems some people expect accuracy on the scale of someone having taken a shrink ray to Tom Hardy or Christian Bale in costume and wanting to display that in their curio. I've said this countless times... there is so much limitation to mass production... which is why everyone loves the modded figs so much. The time a customizer can spend on perfecting one figure is limitless. But ask them to mod 1000's of figures in a limited amount of time, and your results aren't going to be as good. I'm not defending HT by any means, but I do have realistic expectations that I'm not only paying a lot of money for something way more accurate and detailed than the toys off the shelf at your local superstore chain; but that it's also a product coming from a company called Hot TOYS... not Hot Museum Quality Replicas or Hot Ultra-Detailed Miniaturizations of Movie Characters(although admittedly, those would be some awful company names).

I understand we spend a lot of money on these figs and so we should expect a lot in return... but it seems some people expect accuracy on the scale of someone having taken a shrink ray to Tom Hardy or Christian Bale in costume and wanting to display that in their curio. I've said this countless times... there is so much limitation to mass production... which is why everyone loves the modded figs so much. The time a customizer can spend on perfecting one figure is limitless. But ask them to mod 1000's of figures in a limited amount of time, and your results aren't going to be as good. I'm not defending HT by any means, but I do have realistic expectations that I'm not only paying a lot of money for something way more accurate and detailed than the toys off the shelf at your local superstore chain; but that it's also a product coming from a company called Hot TOYS... not Hot Museum Quality Replicas or Hot Ultra-Detailed Miniaturizations of Movie Characters(although admittedly, those would be some awful company names).

:horse :horse :horse

Seriously. :lol
Thats too much crap to read...

I'm not defending HT by any means, but I do have realistic expectations that I'm not only paying a lot of money for something way more accurate and detailed than the toys off the shelf at your local superstore chain; but that it's also a product coming from a company called Hot TOYS... not Hot Museum Quality Replicas or Hot Ultra-Detailed Miniaturizations of Movie Characters(although admittedly, those would be some awful company names).
:exactly:

While I would honestly love to see more mods done by HT on this figure, I'm not insanely bummed by the inaccuracies to the point that I wouldn't buy this figure.

Feelings on the Bane figma and caricature in general,

15449898641.gif

But Hawdy is Ben and Ben is Hawdy? Da masked man doesn't exist (thank goodness).

If collectors want an intimidating looking Bane, just do what the film production crew attempted, use camera trickery and different angles (low with heavy shadows) to make it appear he's a "TERRIFYING BRUTE" instead of a fruit cup with a crappy ass mask and a dumb looking vest.

Oh and a gay winter fashion coat that our wives and girlfriends would love to own.

Oh and a terrible voice.

Also make 1/6 boxes for him to stand on when around other figures to make him appear taller. Also use a stunt figure for shots where he's being a physical Bane. Also use forced perspective when around your Bale figures. Nolan had to heavily mod his actual Tom Hawdy figure for the film, why can't collectors?

Eh, just buy more Joker figures guys! They're the only good ones. :lecture

If you don't give a damn about the Bane figure in general, why even bother to look in this thread? :dunno

This is funny.

Feelings on the Bane figma and caricature in general,

15449898641.gif

But Hawdy is Ben and Ben is Hawdy? Da masked man doesn't exist (thank goodness).

If collectors want an intimidating looking Bane, just do what the film production crew attempted, use camera trickery and different angles (low with heavy shadows) to make it appear he's a "TERRIFYING BRUTE" instead of a fruit cup with a crappy ass mask and a dumb looking vest.

Oh and a gay winter fashion coat that our wives and girlfriends would love to own.

Oh and a terrible voice.

Also make 1/6 boxes for him to stand on when around other figures to make him appear taller. Also use a stunt figure for shots where he's being a physical Bane. Also use forced perspective when around your Bale figures. Nolan had to heavily mod his actual Tom Hawdy figure for the film, why can't collectors?

Eh, just buy more Joker figures guys! They're the only good ones. :lecture

I'm feeling very confident HT will make the necessary adjustments. Just look at how the Avengers CA has turned out since the prototype was revealed. I think we'll all be pleasantly surprised.

Back