Hot Toys – MMS183 The Dark Knight Rises Bane Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys – MMS183 - The Dark Knight Rises: Bane Collectible Figure

He's also shorter than bale , movie magic my friend

Uh... they did no 'magic' with his mask. It covers his face and his nose fits under it. Pretty simple. :dunno

Hot Toys mask is smaller and sits too low on the face.

Uh... they did no 'magic' with his mask. It covers his face and his nose fits under it. Pretty simple. :dunno

Hot Toys mask is smaller and sits too low on the face.

Oh really? were you involved in the special effects or editing? :lol

well first off the angle in the above pic its too hard to really tell how far it sits off the face so I can't say for sure, secondly I dont care. it looks like bane and wouldn't be mistaken as anything else, so good enough for me

Oh really? were you involved in the special effects or editing? :lol

well first off the angle in the above pic its too hard to really tell how far it sits off the face so I can't say for sure, secondly I dont care. it looks like bane and wouldn't be mistaken as anything else, so good enough for me

Haha. "Are you sure that's Bane? Looks a little like a stapler"

555853_10150938809662344_39147772_n.jpg

Arms seem bigger here. I'm not convinced, but maybe the arms here just seem small due to the weird rotation of them in the pose.

208912_10150938809207344_903477875_n.jpg

I think you're right on that. That pose probably gives the illusion that it's skinner than it really is because he does look jacked in the first pic

I'm debating on whether to order this guy or not. I liked the character and don't think the figure is as bad as some people have said but I can't decide if I'd rather wait to see if another version is done or just go with this one. I have SWAT Gordon and my DX12 Batman is coming on Tuesday. I also already have the DX11 Joker and Catwoman pre-ordered too.

For me the mask is a minor issue compared to the kiddy body/clothes they've given him

The arms and the mask look fine. The only real issue I have are the traps. Still, I'm definitely getting this.

i personally think the arms are too small, i like the look of it still, and i have him ordered

I think he looks ok with the jacket on. :rotfl

Something about the figure does not scream as a must buy. Looks underpowered, not portraying the villain that snapped tdk's back. Maybe this figure needs a buffer chest and arms?

Hopefully ht will have improved this ten fold on release.

I need this on my shel but not like this.

I'm really excited for this figure. I think people had an unrealistic idea of what Bane looked like. Hardy was just flexing his traps...

I am going to buy this once I see in hand pics (say that now will mosy likely PO tomarrow) and if I am not happy with the body there is always yhe option of a body swap (shouldnt require it but what is this hobby withought finding stuff you hate about a figure and spending more money to fix it) the kaustic muscular body is top on my list :wink1:

For me the mask is a minor issue compared to the kiddy body/clothes they've given him

I think kiddy body is the best description of this figure to date, the HS looks pretty good imo, he needs a wider neck and some slight adjustment to the head shape but nothing major imo. Maybe the mask moved up a little as well.
But the body looks nothing like the character in the movie, it looks too tall and slim, it doesn't have the thick torso & stomach Hardy had and the wrists look too skinny, upper arms aren't bad but not great by any means, the saving grace for this figure is that with the coat on he looks great, cause it covers the body and most of the trousers.
Bane went from a bulldog in the film to a race hound in figure form :slap

Re-watching TDKR scenes on Youtube and when Batman's break's bane's mask the pain and anger shown by Hardy is perfect, you really get the feeling all the pain the mask keeps in is being unleashed and Bane turn's into a beast, especially when he pins Batman to the column and unleashes a barrage to his mid section :clap i was initially a bit down on this film when i saw it the first time, but the second viewing it really grew on me and since then it keeps rising in my view of it.

he is pretty darn big in Rises, the figure doesn't translate that at all imo.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1D4tEjIZbxU&feature=related"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1D4tEjIZbxU&feature=related[/ame]

I think it's the same as how they make Tom cruise seem taller than he is. That whole "do you feel in charge" scene is kinda phones because bane was on the step the whole time

Well, yeah but then the figure is suppose to represent that as well. We don't want a figure of Tom Hardy, we want a figure of Bane.

Thats what I dont understand about some people's arguements here. They try to debate the fact that "Hardy is short and not as big in reality as they make him seem TDKR." Why would I want a figure of what he looks like in reality....I want f'n Bane! Tall, buff, scary Bane.

I think kiddy body is the best description of this figure to date, the HS looks pretty good imo, he needs a wider neck and some slight adjustment to the head shape but nothing major imo. Maybe the mask moved up a little as well.
But the body looks nothing like the character in the movie, it looks too tall and slim, it doesn't have the thick torso & stomach Hardy had and the wrists look too skinny, upper arms aren't bad but not great by any means, the saving grace for this figure is that with the coat on he looks great, cause it covers the body and most of the trousers.
Bane went from a bulldog in the film to a race hound in figure form :slap

Re-watching TDKR scenes on Youtube and when Batman's break's bane's mask the pain and anger shown by Hardy is perfect, you really get the feeling all the pain the mask keeps in is being unleashed and Bane turn's into a beast, especially when he pins Batman to the column and unleashes a barrage to his mid section :clap i was initially a bit down on this film when i saw it the first time, but the second viewing it really grew on me and since then it keeps rising in my view of it.

Like all great films...with repeated viewings better appreciation comes...

Man, after this discussion popped back up, I really hope they reworked him and once they show us their new "to be relesed soon" pics...he´ll look way more bulky...

Back