Hot Toys–MMS142-TRON: Legacy:Sam Flynn Cycle Spec +pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My 14 yr old son is very happy with his display so far

Very cool. You should make the Daft Punk guys a little DJ booth!

I would have bought them (I can see these guy's being worth quite a bit of cash one day) but I can't justify that amount of money on two side characters even if it is Daft Punk, $300 for the pair would have been reasonable I think. I can't believe they stopped this line without actually making TRON/Rinzler!?!?!

I have the Light Cycle on order, ships in a couple of weeks, hope the lights are ok!

Last edited:
Very cool. You should make the Daft Punk guys a little DJ booth!

I would have bought them (I can see these guy's being worth quite a bit of cash one day) but I can't justify that amount of money on two side characters even if it is Daft Punk, $300 for the pair would have been reasonable I think. I can't believe they stopped this line with actually making TRON/Rinzler!?!?!

I have the Light Cycle on order, ships in a couple of weeks, hope the lights are ok!

Look online...Amazon had the DP guys for under 300 recently...That clu was 20 which isnt so bad but fit in scale wise...We do really need a Tron/Rinzler/Quorra in same scale too

Hey guys......finally got mine in and all lights work perfect. The light in the helmet was scaring me for a bit cuz it was kind of flickering but after switching it off and on a few times It works nice and bright now.One problem though...it looks like the little screw in my helmet is stripped all to hell [it came like that] when the battery in the helmet dies out I think im gonna be in trouble trying to get that screw out. Any tips on how to get a screw that tiny out. I tried the eyeglass screwdriver and it wont budge the screw.

Hey guys......finally got mine in and all lights work perfect. The light in the helmet was scaring me for a bit cuz it was kind of flickering but after switching it off and on a few times It works nice and bright now.One problem though...it looks like the little screw in my helmet is stripped all to hell [it came like that] when the battery in the helmet dies out I think im gonna be in trouble trying to get that screw out. Any tips on how to get a screw that tiny out. I tried the eyeglass screwdriver and it wont budge the screw.

If there is any tooth at all on it, I'd take it to an optometrist and ask them really nicely if they could have a go. Did that with my War Machine, worked a treat.

Great ... what kind of base you have ???

P8121471.jpg

P8121503.jpg

P8121502.jpg

P8121507.jpg

And I think that's it!!!
Loving it!!
:rock!!

Agreed awesome base kuzeh, is it a custom? If not do you have a link for them.

Just got my light cycle and I have a question. How did some of you guys make the LED lights look flush? Did you guys use some kind of blooming effect or adobe shopped the picture? My leds around the tires are really distinguished. It's in a light dark light dark pattern. Maybe the batteries I am using is not strong enough?

The ones on the tires are actually supposed to look that way. If the lighting looks uniform it's probably mostly due to just photographing it. The ones on Sam don't have very even lighting, especially the legs.

may have to cancel this....called SS to try and flex pay this but they said they couldn't...too much stuff all tomorrow and Friday.
Crimson Guard Thurs
Nick Fury Fri
Light cycle Fri
Jim Gordon next week

My leds around the tires are really distinguished. It's in a light dark light dark pattern. Maybe the batteries I am using is not strong enough?

Those are "hot spots" from overly bright and overly spaced LEDs as a result of poor design and choice of materials.

Electroluminescent wire would have been more uniform than light emitting diodes.

Photos tend to hide the effect, but the finished product has serious light piping issues.

Project BM Kaneda's bike this is not. :monkey2

__

Those are "hot spots" from overly bright and overly spaced LEDs as a result of poor design and choice of materials.

Electroluminescent wire would have been more uniform than light emitting diodes.

Photos tend to hide the effect, but the finished product has serious light piping issues.

Project BM Kaneda's bike this is not. :monkey2

__

The ones on the wheels are supposed to look that way to match the movie

__

Well they must have used "Overly bright and overly spaced LEDS as a result of poor design and materials" in the movie as well then.
It's supposed to look like that...

..incidentally, EL wire wouldn't be bright enough to light **** on this. More BS.
:monkey4

tron-wallpaper-light-cycle-1.jpg

Last edited:
Back