HBO's House of the Dragon

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fandom died in like 2019. It’ll take a lot to resurrect this franchise to where it once was again

Yeah, I'm intrigued and curious about the next episode. So that's good.

On the con side: the dragon CGI was extremely weak for a series touted as spending 20 million an episode. I also would have liked more of a cliff-hanger ending, especially for the first episode.

I've been hearing some positive things but honestly, even if it gets a lot of positive feedback, I don't care. Still not watching it. I'm just not interested in the GOT franchise or the world it takes place in anymore.

Last edited:
I got it and flicked through it, but generally prefer to wait until I have all the episodes of a series.

I'm also in the middle of re-watching all of Locke & Key while starting on a Kurosawa samurai marathon.

I watch so much that the series sometimes blend together.

Zendaya quote.jpg

I'll get around to House of the Dragon at some point.

Well, Jon gets stabbed in a mutiny in the last book as well. We just don't know if the means of ressurection is the same, because that hasn't happened yet in the books. Might never happen to be honest, because I've lost my faith in Martin ever finishing the books.

I think him being revived by Melissandre in the books would be the most logical way as well, but I think the whole lore and everything around it would be better. Melissandre is all about the Lord of Light and his reincarnation, but the show didn't dive too deep into that if I recall correctly. They left a lot of these deeper subjects out and left a lot of loose ends when the books ran out, so to speak.

I still enjoyed the show, though. All the way up to the end of S7. After that... yeah.

I don't mind the way they went with Daenerys, but it should have been a gradual change, should have been spread out over a couple more seasons. The thing I can't forgive them though is Jaime running back to Cercei like a little b****. That character had the greatest arc and should have become the Queenslayer along with the Kingslayer he already was.

I just can't comprehend those idiot showrunners who didn't seem to know what they head. HBO was willing to throw them all the money they needed and offer them all the time they wanted to keep this show going and finish it up nicely.
But I guess the Star Wars deal was more enticing to them. So they did a s****y rushjob with season 8 to move on to that. Then that Star Wars deal fell through because they did such a **** job. Well deserved I'd say. You reap what you sow.

Anyway, what's done is done. Hopefully this new show is good, because like I said before. Can't wait to visit that world again.
It is exactly what I thought myself. Such a wasted opportunity, just because of greed and haste.

Hopefully HBO learned their lesson with HOTD...

Watched it yesterday. The show is all exposition and setup at the moment. More notorious events are sure to come. Hopefully it gets to bounce around to the different houses eventually (ala GoT) rather than stick primarily with the titular one.

I've been hearing some positive things but honestly, even if it gets a lot of positive feedback, I don't care. Still not watching it. I'm just not interested in the GOT franchise or the world it takes place in anymore.

IMHO, HBO missed two huge opportunities

1) A series built around The Hound with Bronn and Brienne Of Tarth. Just have them get into adventures as some kind of sell sword mercenaries. ( This would have required S8 to have made some changes, but it's not like it keeping X character or Y character would have broken the bad storylines in that ill fated season)

2) Turning Dorne into a back door pilot for it's own show during the main GOT run. Clearly there was no focus on Dorne and it was an afterthought, HBO could have easily converted just enough storyline and characters to spill out into an entirely new adventure. It would ease the criticisms that Dorne was basically ingnored and allow you to stay in the world building. Could have infused an adventure about Valerian steel and grayscale into it. Could have had Giantsbane in it somehow and kept Jessica Henwick.

I saw this last night, and thought it was quite good. Really high quality production. Has the same spirit of the original show (including some over the top sex and gore that I personally can do without, but. . .that's what people expect), and cleanses the palate from the horrible final season of GOT. Some interesting characters and storylines, good suspense in a few segments, and who doesn't enjoy palace intrigue in the pursuit of power? I noticed a Winterfell guy bending the knee in a quick cameo, which was fun.

Yeah, not sure I've ever felt this way about a kind of series continuation before. It's like I'm sick of the whole GOT train ride - burnout, or something. They HAD a pretty good cast with GOT, some characters that seized the imagination. Even if it's pretty good, had enough of the sex and gore and political wrangling, and we all know how things end up - burnout.

Tho give HBO credit for saying #### it, we're gonna roll the dice. 😁 I'll watch it eventually, no rush.

Back