DID Corp: Saving Private Ryan: Pvt. Mellish 1/6 Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IIRC they showed an unpainted sculpt of Wade on FB.
I had missed this photo. It may be an oldie but I hope that Facepool follows through.

Facepool Wade sculpt.jpg

It's by Facepool, right? The sculpt looks good, but their final product hasn't been stellar. I was a bit hard on their Upham and Mellish sculpts. They are not as bad as some pictures make them out to be. However, that doesn't mean they are not a let down. With DID's Mellish the proto looked good and the final product looks just as good. I don't mind double dipping with some characters, but others I do.

It's by Facepool, right? The sculpt looks good, but their final product hasn't been stellar. I was a bit hard on their Upham and Mellish sculpts. They are not as bad as some pictures make them out to be. However, that doesn't mean they are not a let down. With DID's Mellish the proto looked good and the final product looks just as good. I don't mind double dipping with some characters, but others I do.
The Facepool head sculpts tend to suffer from lackluster paint apps, unfortunately. I'm sure that repaints would bring out the best from those sculpts. The "Winters" sculpt in particular shows a big difference between the amazing proto vs the "meh" prod paint application.

I will say that DiD is guilty at times with lackluster sculpts with decent paint apps. They even noticed that "Horvath's" sculpt was not one of their bests and changed up the paint ups to help it out but it is still not a great rendition of the actor/character, in my opinion.

I don't plan on double dipping but just want to make sure that I obtain a complete squad, in case one or the other doesn't come through. I'll plan on selling off the lesser version afterwards.

The Facepool head sculpts tend to suffer from lackluster paint apps, unfortunately. I'm sure that repaints would bring out the best from those sculpts. The "Winters" sculpt in particular shows a big difference between the amazing proto vs the "meh" prod paint application.

I will say that DiD is guilty at times with lackluster sculpts with decent paint apps. They even noticed that "Horvath's" sculpt was not one of their bests and changed up the paint ups to help it out but it is still not a great rendition of the actor/character, in my opinion.

I don't plan on double dipping but just want to make sure that I obtain a complete squad, in case one or the other doesn't come through. I'll plan on selling off the lesser version afterwards.
I wholeheartedly agree with almost everything you said. I don't sell my figures. That has never been a part of my collecting, which is why I try to be as picky as possible as to not over spend. I too want the whole team. The beauty of collecting today is there are plenty of places that part out figures. I can also use all the military stuff somewhere else. I can't paint a sculpt to save my life which is why I like DiD, at least with this line they have been overall better.

I too am VERY picky with my figure purchases. That is why if I do have to "trim" the collection, it isn't an easy decision. But in the case of the same exact character version, I don't need two of them (such as Facepool and DiD's "Captain Miller") and plan on selling off the Facepool one. It really is a fantastic figure and the display base is very cool but I preferred the DiD version in the end.

I'm good with a couple of Millers and even a couple of Ryans. I have a few ideas for both of those figures. The rest of the team I only need/want one of each.
Like Eastwood, I could use a few Blondies, a couple of Tucos, Angel Eyes, and Drifters, and only one Wales, Preacher, and Munny. I'd take a couple of Lone Waties, however.

Mine is coming from Monkey Depot, it should be here on monday.

I noticed this guy sold out on most US retailors, I'm sure timewalker and MD will get a restock but I wonder if DiD might have done a smaller run of this? the only other figure of the line that sold out this quick and had a little restock was the captain Miller.

Mine is coming from Monkey Depot, it should be here on monday.

I noticed this guy sold out on most US retailors, I'm sure timewalker and MD will get a restock but I wonder if DiD might have done a smaller run of this? the only other figure of the line that sold out this quick and had a little restock was the captain Miller.
Congrats. Looking forward to your pics.

I preordered Mellish through Timwalker but I used their free shipping option. So I'll need to wait until another figure is released before they ship them both out for free.

Received and paid the invoice for Mellish today. Will have to wait for the other items preordered to arrive so that they all ship out together. Hopefully it won't be too long.

I finally received Mellish this week from TimeWalker. Had to wait for the free shipping. Mellish is excellent. Definitely a better sculpt than FP's. I'll wait on DID's Upham and pick up the sculpt when parted, if it looks better than FP's. Don't know if I want to pre-order Wade from FP. The proto looks great, but I thought the same thing about Upham. The production piece was a big let down. The whole team is so, so close. Exciting times.

I finally received Mellish this week from TimeWalker. Had to wait for the free shipping. Mellish is excellent. Definitely a better sculpt than FP's. I'll wait on DID's Upham and pick up the sculpt when parted, if it looks better than FP's. Don't know if I want to pre-order Wade from FP. The proto looks great, but I thought the same thing about Upham. The production piece was a big let down. The whole team is so, so close. Exciting times.

I agree with you. FP's Wade head sculpt (and figure in general) does look pretty good but I will also wait until we see DiD's announcement before pre-ordering.

Back