Mezco Return of The Living Dead Dolls Sadie

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adeno

Super Freak
Reaction score

I got curious with Mezco's Living Dead Dolls so I thought I would try one. I found out they were remaking their old dolls into the "Return of The Living Dead Dolls" line and so I went for that instead. I picked Sadie because she looked very interesting, plus she uses a meat cleaver as a weapon! Simple back story to Sadie is that when she died, "nobody cared". So she became undead, rose up from her grave, and now she wants to "share" death with the living.

For the doll itself, Sadie looks very beautiful and her outfit really fits her well. She has moveable eyes that you can control inside her head. You can disassemble her head to replace her default smirking face with an alternate, more serious face. The top of her head where the hair is attached comes off to make it easier for you to move her eye controls. You just "click" the top of the head back down in place to secure it.

Posability is great with Sadie! I wasn't expecting her to be more of an "action figure" so I was definitely pleasantly surprised. You can move her head all around, tilt it, and rotate it. She has pretty decent arm movements. Even if there's no butterfly joint, she can raise her arms up and to the side without problem. She has a single joint elbow that can bend to 90 degrees and you can also rotate the elbow here. Her hands have a socket that sticks to a peg and you can move her hand around without a problem. She has the ability to rotate, tilt and bend from her upper body. Sadie can't do Van Damme splits, but she can split wide enough to do stances and martial arts moves. She has single jointed knees that bend to 90 degrees, and you can also rotate at the knee. Her feet can tilt all around and to the sides without a problem as well as rotate, which makes posing her a lot easier.

The accessories are very beautiful, very well made! That teddy bear is actually a stuffed toy, it's not plastic! She also comes with a coffin-shaped purse that actually can be opened, a bouquet of black roses, a little skull ribbon, a tombstone where one pillar can be pulled up to reveal some kind of document for Sadie, functional sunglasses, and a great looking shawl. Her box is actually coffin-shaped and also feels premium, very well built, it's basically a great decor piece.

I've got nothing negative to say about Sadie, this one just works and delivers as advertised. Very well made toy with fun accessories and moveable expressive eyes!

If you love horror characters, I recommend giving these Return of the Living Dead Dolls a chance, specifically Sadie. Sadie's so good, I ended up pre-ordering the next one called Eggzorcist!

Back