G.I. Joe: Classified 6" figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"Hiss Tactician" should be a different color way for the same driver mold if I understand everything correctly. I think they're going to have us vote on one of the alternate color studies Ron Rudat submitted during development on the driver figure.

I think the first two tier incentives are pretty cool.

I also think the joe team generally does a very good job. They've taken the feedback and are now doing very faithful copies of the 80's designs with a range of good choices.

Personally wish they would've done a larger joe tank with less bells and whistles and an intricate deco. For my purposes I wanted to have a "prop" for a joe team "group shot" shelf display.

I'm absolutely gobsmacked at how badly star war's haslabs have gone. The 1/3 that got funded (assuming the latest one doesn't) still got destroyed two episodes later.

The fact that this unlocked and reached stretch goals so quickly is proof this should've never been a Haslab to begin with.
Release it at retail in larger numbers for the discount large scale production can offer and it would've sold better than it would as a Haslab.

Hmm, I thought Lenny said they were articulated. Maybe I’m mistaken. Plus the model isn’t final either so it may just be that one that isn’t articulated. It really should be at this price, I agree on that!

Over 7,000 now! This will likely fund tonight! Wow!
I rewatched the segment where they talk about the treads, they never mentioned if they articulate just that the designer had to struggle to get the treads to work. I'm pretty sure they're rubber bands, it's a cheap way to cut a production cost corner.

"Hiss Tactician" should be a different color way for the same driver mold if I understand everything correctly. I think they're going to have us vote on one of the alternate color studies Ron Rudat submitted during development on the driver figure.

The Tactician is just a HISS driver repaint. Kind of useless, but I can resell it and try to recoup a chunk of this Haslab cost. A lot of completionists will want it just to fill that number gap on their shelf.

The fact that this unlocked and reached stretch goals so quickly is proof this should've never been a Haslab to begin with.
Release it at retail in larger numbers for the discount large scale production can offer and it would've sold better than it would as a Haslab.
My two cents - hasbro can OFFER it for retail, but I think it would be a very hard sell to retailers even at $200 mspr. I can't speak for walmart, but target is taking lumps lately and they've steam rolled their way through most of the pandemic. We're near a recession and retailers have most of their focus on keeping commodities competitively priced and in stock. Even if they don't sell them at brick and mortar, to them it's a very expensive toy for a niche market, and it takes up desperately needed space at warehouses and RDCs.
That's just my experience in retail/logistics.

The Tactician colours are actually quite nice. Will be hard to choose.

1074CB89-762E-4F5B-9EBE-4C4FAE06BF0F.jpeg
5469E88E-2AE2-4581-AD54-AD67A6062F99.jpeg
C2E6D242-6BA5-499A-901C-C6420C18F46B.jpeg
F995D5F5-2F7C-4E9E-AA1E-126C013B0B0E.jpeg
A69CA128-241A-444A-88B7-E8FC1549F92C.jpeg
E3FFFE73-9676-4678-9980-4A94F875FD55.jpeg

They all look good but black with red shins and helmet looks the best IMO.
That’s my favorite too. I don’t like the black with the white/light grey legs or the purple one (too much like the techno viper). The rest are decent enough though. One just inverting the driver’s colors would have worked too.

My two cents - hasbro can OFFER it for retail, but I think it would be a very hard sell to retailers even at $200 mspr. I can't speak for walmart, but target is taking lumps lately and they've steam rolled their way through most of the pandemic. We're near a recession and retailers have most of their focus on keeping commodities competitively priced and in stock. Even if they don't sell them at brick and mortar, to them it's a very expensive toy for a niche market, and it takes up desperately needed space at warehouses and RDCs.
That's just my experience in retail/logistics.
The Batmobeast made it to retail and it's just two inches shorter in length but the same height and most likely wider than the Hiss Tank not accounting for assembly of the Hiss Tank. I've seen them at Target and Walmart. It's also carried by Amazon, Gamestop, BBTS, Entertainment Earth etc. If that ugly thing can make it to retail, than the Hiss Tank can too. It didn't come with a figure or needless light up functions, but it was licensed and still just $80 btw.
Mcfarlane Toys Batmobeast.jpg

Todd isn’t necessarily about making profits though. He’s gone on record saying he’d rather put out a new sculpt because it looks cool/better for the character then reuse a sculpt or have a ‘buck’ body like Mattel did and make a lesser profit because he ultimately only has to answer to himself. He might be more or less selling that close to a breaking even point. His figures are still $20 when Hasbro is $25+. Hasbro doesn’t have that same luxury he has.

But you’re right, size wise it’s totally doable. If they can put out something under $100 I think retail would carry it. This Haslab being a smash hit will also help sway retailers vehicles will sell.

12000 backers. The thirst for this one is real!

Go on Hasbro, drop the bomb of a hooded Commander for next tier

I would love to see them do an asp to go with this hiss further down the line. Delighted to see it had the hitch on it.

Those color ways for the tactician are pretty cool. I love the purple/maroon and the blue but neither schemes fit with the hiss itself very well i don't think. Pleased to see the purple seems to be second choice in fan polls nonetheless. Figured people would be holding their noses at that one, haha.

I would love to see them do an asp to go with this hiss further down the line. Delighted to see it had the hitch on it.

Those color ways for the tactician are pretty cool. I love the purple/maroon and the blue but neither schemes fit with the hiss itself very well i don't think. Pleased to see the purple seems to be second choice in fan polls nonetheless. Figured people would be holding their noses at that one, haha.
Where's the poll for colour choice?

Female HISS driver and more guns unlocked. Love how all these new female figures have double jointed elbows. Baroness elbow joint sucks.

View attachment 586512
Nice! I spotted the holes on the top of the turret and expected something would come for them. Couldn’t think what it would be though, yet guns are so obvious when I think about it now 🤦🏻‍♂️

I would've preferred a top enclosure to the turret over the miniguns, but love the chin gun.
And the Gunner adds a far better value to this, $60 of figures making this $240.
I think I'll try and sell my Hot Toys Assassin's Creed Ezio, about the only hope I'd have to get a Hiss Tank at this point.

Back