G.I. Joe: Classified 6" figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree that the pricing especially on Kamakura and the 3 pack Vipers is ridiculous. And I don’t disagree with your perceived value on figures. Also I didn’t mean to come across as too strong if I did. But even if your perceived value differs from MSRP, Buttmunch’s original correction of using $25 is the proper way to approach the analytics. Sorry to be pedantic about this point.

But moving on… I’ve backed twice and am hoping to scrounge up something for a third by August. This is a very cool project.

Nah, it's okay, we're good.
I'm going to be a stick in the mud and refuse to accept Hasbro's pricing despite how much I like their figures.
Stopped in to Target yesterday, Joe's are still $19.99, they just had the movie Baroness and a bunch of the rerelease Gung-Ho from the Bat/Alley wave btw.
It would be cool if they gave you a discount on second and third Haslab purchases, it would encourage more sales.

I worked out my finances and I'm just going to be able to save enough for one Hiss tank without selling a Hot Toys figure, and the rest of my money will cover my Valaverse orders and other pre-orders, won't have to cancel anything else to make the deadline. :blissy

Great news on the Cobra Commander. Kinda bummed that he is on a retro card back though. Would have been nice to open it, but of course I will have to resist.....or back a second HISS......
This Retro card back Cobra Commander is a exclusive recreation of the original 3 3/4" "Micky Mouse ears" Misprint Cobra Commander figure. It might have a couple of exclusive accessories. I have no doubt there'll be a Retro card back Cobra Commander figure with the normal chest symbol that'll get released eventually through Walmart in the future.

I believe the retro cards end at the end of this year due to the plastic free packaging mandated by Hasbro corporate. That’s actually what’s going to make CoCo more special than the Mickey Mouse ears. He’s the first figure we’ve heard getting a plastic bubble (presumably) after the plastic free packaging takes full effect. I have no doubt this CoCo will get released again with the normal cobra but he’ll probably be in a normal box packaging. I bet this is the only one released on retro card. Hopefully they’ll do another live stream or SDCC panel to confirm some of those details.

Whether it’s this year or next year or whenever, WHEN they do a Classified HasLab, I’m 95% confident that it will fully fund with all tiers met in record time. It all depends on what they decide to make. And if it’s good enough, I might just pick up two since it would be the first time I fund a HasLab.
Wow. I had a hunch it would break records. Had no clue it would shatter them. 16K, all 4 tiers unlocked, in under 12 days (including a holiday weekend).

For those of you excited about this campaign, I am right there with you. For those with concerns that this would affect potential vehicles at mass retail, I can understand your concerns. Quite frankly, if they were to ever put a VAMP or a DRAGONFLY at Walmart or Target, I highly doubt I would ever see any. HasLab is quite expensive, but I love that it's guaranteed for those who actually want the product.

I'm going to wait until the final week. I would very much like to back 2 of them, but am definitely getting at least 1.

On top of the HISS hoopla, my orders from Hasbro Pulse for Cobra Officer, Spirit and Storm Shadow came in this week. Along with Croc Master, the Hasbro team is really stepping it up in the quality department. All 4 figures are absolutely amazing. And I'm glad I decided to get the HP membership last year for all of the free shipping. Every little bit helps where it can.

Attachments

• IMG_1184.jpg
    IMG_1184.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1185.jpg
    IMG_1185.jpg
    195.5 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1186.jpg
    IMG_1186.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1187.jpg
    IMG_1187.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1188.jpg
    IMG_1188.jpg
    178.6 KB · Views: 0
I'm liking that real metal chain Croc Master is using Joe!
My two Cobra Officers as well as Crock Master are also in hand, really nice figures. They made the head a little larger on the Officers for some reason, Trooper & Gridiron helmets don't fit as well as a result. The Officers are also sculpted a little more hunched over at the neck, not liking that part but otherwise they're great figures.

I got my Gridiron Helmets and July 4th weekend special Bonus fixed mag rifles in the past couple of days. I got the M4 with Master Key ordered on 7-2 (not pictured) and the Scar Mk17 ordered on 7-4. The helmets are awesome! The flexible resin they use makes it easy to place over a head however, the helmets are extremely tight on the Officer head, it'll work but I fear the tight fit might damage the helmet. I'm just using the regular Trooper heads which these seem to be made for. The MK17 looks great and is properly sized but it does have a slight warp to the barrel. I think it was caused by the packaging and it might be easily fixed with a little heat. They did print Gridiron as well as GS and the print date on the rifle. Just the initials GS on the helmets. It's not too noticeable and the GS initials are my initials so I'm okay with it, I just wish they wouldn't print this stuff on their incredible models.
The helmets also fit well on the Action Force balaclava heads, though you may need to place something like folded paper in between to get the goggles to sit just at the eyes.
I'm really impressed and wish I ordered a helmet on each day of the special (really wanted that SCW), but I didn't know how these helmets would turn out. I'm planning on buying a few more in the future, really need that Tele-Viper set to support my field commander!
Gridiron Customs Helmets 001.jpg

Gridiron Customs Helmets 003.jpg

Last edited:
I'm liking that real metal chain Croc Master is using Joe!
Thanks! It's a $3 Walmart necklace, I just cut the length for a good fit.

Damn, Grid Iron Props are really crushing it lately! Those pics are pretty awesome! I love my Grid Iron sets for Breaker, Duke and the Alley Viper. Once all of these crazy pre-orders have settled down, I would like to pick up a few more sets from them.

My "Rolling shutter door" 1/12 scale diorama base came in from BBTS today along with my Collector graded figures for Croc Master, BAT and Alley Viper.
I thought my squad of Alley Vipers would look great in the diorama.

Attachments

• IMG_1194.jpg
    IMG_1194.jpg
    314 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
I got this idea from IronKen on YouTube. Taking Croc Master’s original leash, keeping the handle and the collar and replacing the plastic chain with a silver necklace. Works like a ‘charm’. 😂🤣

Attachments

• 147D144E-C122-4BCE-B4F4-36C6526D79F1.jpeg
    147D144E-C122-4BCE-B4F4-36C6526D79F1.jpeg
    114.9 KB · Views: 0
I was lucky enough to pick up Mindbender, Retro Zartan and Retro Storm Shadow through Hasbro Pulse with no issues whatsoever. I hope everyone who wants these figures are able to get them.

Back