G.I. Joe: Classified 6" figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At Target today, saw:

Flint
Cobra Commander
Major Bludd

This is good for the line. Hope some kid can now actually see these on the pegs, get interested, find out all about G.I. Joe and get hooked for the next generation. Can't do that with blank pegs.

That so far as been the biggest fail with this line. When interested adult collectors that make it a priority to track these down can’t find them, kids certainly haven’t been. I’d be willing to bet 99% of these have been snatched up by adult collectors. The few kids that have them are probably because their parents are fans and bought them in hope of introducing the kids to the franchise.

There hasn’t been much of a chance to grow the franchise yet and I worry the Snake Eyes movie won’t have enough product on shelves to tie into the release of the movie. So many of the preorders list October still, which was the original film release date. We know how well Target reacted to a release date change so those idiots will probably get them in stock in a couple of weeks and sit on them until October because the boxes said to despite official announcements from Hasbro saying otherwise. Sigh

Oh don’t worry. They’ll continue to auth your card every few weeks to make sure you’re still good for it. And then there is a 50/50 chance they cancel the order for no good reason after all that.

Super annoying system they have.
I hope that isn't the case, they pre authorized the entire amount for me. Normally a store pre auths a small amount once and that's it. Target really needs to revaluate how they do pre-orders, a temp hold of nearly $70 isn't acceptable especially if they keep doing it every month.

Target and Walmart have legitimately pathetic ordering systems in place for such large companies. Little etailers like Dorkside and BBTS have it figured out so there is zero reason why these multi billion dollar companies can’t get something better in place. They’d need to have something big, news worthy like a PS5 being on preorder for months with that $500 charge happening over and over again for there to be enough of a stink made for the media to pick it up and force them to do something about it.

Target and Walmart have legitimately pathetic ordering systems in place for such large companies. Little etailers like Dorkside and BBTS have it figured out so there is zero reason why these multi billion dollar companies can’t get something better in place. They’d need to have something big, news worthy like a PS5 being on preorder for months with that $500 charge happening over and over again for there to be enough of a stink made for the media to pick it up and force them to do something about it.
So how often is the pre-auth from your experience, once a month, every two weeks?

Taking screamingmetal's suggestion from a few months ago, I upgraded Zartan's ride to 1/10 scale and I gotta say...it looks pretty amazing!
I'm getting Valaverse's Action Force Kerak in my big pile of loot from BBTS later this summer as a placeholder until we can get some official Dreadnoks.
I would like to get a similar bike for him as well as each 'Nok we're lucky enough to get down the line.

Attachments

• IMG_0692.jpg
    IMG_0692.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_0693.jpg
    IMG_0693.jpg
    152.5 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_0694.jpg
    IMG_0694.jpg
    180.9 KB · Views: 43
So how often is the pre-auth from your experience, once a month, every two weeks?
I’ve only had a $20 figure on preorder with them so I honestly haven’t noticed as I shop with target so frequently the various odds and ends around the house. I’ve heard both from members though. Sometimes once a month and other times more frequent. I honestly would rather they just charge me at the time of preorder than do the frequent preauths

"Righting" the ship is not the only solution.

Hasbro needs to end the bullsh** Target exclusivity and make it right by doing another run of all the pain in the @$$ Target exclusive offerings (i.e. COBRA Troopers, etc.) by making it available proper again through Pulse, etc. and publicly admit they screwed up, but we all know that'll never happen.

As much as I want to collect and enjoy the CLASSIFIED line, I cannot and will not support Hasbro or the GI JOE in his aspect. By changing my mind and doing means I'm caving in and letting those bastards win. I'm fine with missing out and so be it.

They are doing another run of cobra troopers, baroness, beachhead, and roadblock. And most likely putting some quantities up on pulse at some point. But yeah, we’ll never get an apology from either Target or Hasbro.

I just received notice from BBTS that my Snake Eyes & Timber set collector grade will be shipping soon! Still waiting on the notice for the regular set.

They are doing another run of cobra troopers, baroness, beachhead, and roadblock. And most likely putting some quantities up on pulse at some point. But yeah, we’ll never get an apology from either Target or Hasbro.
Don't need an apology. Just need to get my hands on a Beachhead and I'll be happy. It was ridiculous how little of this product was made available to the public. I hope they keep the orders open for a couple days on Pulse before they stop them and give all the buyers a good heads up. I know there's a big plastic shortage in manufacturing due to Covid but the Joe numbers on the USA Target/Toys R Us Canada Cobra Island exclusives were too low

Deluxe Zartan

From Toy News International:

Images have surfaced online via an overseas retailer Justin Hunt for what appears to be some kind of G.I. Joe Classified 6" Zartan Deluxe Figure.

The figure is packed with a ton of accessories including multiple masks, and alternate heads for Storm Shadow, Snake-Eyes and a skull. You also get Storm Shadow's bow and arrows to recreate the scene from the comics where Zartan impersonated Storm Shadow to kill the Hard Master. Besides all that you get the accessories that came with the previous Zartan as well as a sniper type riffle.

The packaging is also unique as it appears you can change the faces on the front cover like a pop-up type book.This packaging also strikes me as something done for a con exclusive. This may be Hasbro's G.I. Joe SDCC/Pulse-Con exclusive for this year.

Since the chest plate and knee pads have added metallic silver paint to them which differs from the original release. I can't say for sure, but since those are solid plastic and not transparent I don't think this figure has any kind of color-change ability like was featured on the original 80's figure. There is also no indication on the packaging that it would have color change ability.

Link: G.I. Joe Classified Deluxe Zartan Figure Revealed - Summer Exclusive?!?

Attachments

• Zartan exclusive.jpg
    Zartan exclusive.jpg
    129.7 KB · Views: 55
  • Zartan exclusive 2.jpg
    Zartan exclusive 2.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 61
I'm intrigued by the new face plates, extra heads, and skull mask, but not by anything else. The repaint silver areas on the figure would be better with translucent plastic like the original. I hate that I still want to get one, hopefully it won't be too expensive, I'd like it to be $30, more than likely it'll be $40+.

I gotta say, Hasbro is doing awesome things with this line. I'm loving that G.I. Joe is back with a vengeance and I'll be supporting the new lines as much as possible. So much good stuff being revealed on Hisstank. I'm still trying to get a Beach Head and can't wait for the new Zartan. Just really pleased with the new designs and can't wait for an Alley Viper

I got on Target.com and refreshed right at 8:00 CST this morning trying to score 1 Cobra Viper. I used my phone app as well as the website on my PC. I kept getting error messages trying to place it in the cart…until…wait for it….it sold out in under 3 minutes.
I just wanted to have a 2nd Viper for display. I’m grateful to have the 1, because a lot of collectors don’t even have that.
What I hope this means is that Hasbro will announce a scaled down Viper for mass release soon, much like they did with the Cobra Trooper/Infantry last year.

Thanks for the #@$$$#@@&&%%*** warning Hasbro. I thought you were going to let us know a little in advance!!
Hopefully they'll be on pegs.
I really try to stay on top of this %%$$#$ so I can get my $%$##@ Beach Head and yet.... this $%%##@ happens.
How did others find out?

Thanks for the #@$$$#@@&&%%*** warning Hasbro. I thought you were going to let us know a little in advance!!
Hopefully they'll be on pegs.
I really try to stay on top of this %%$$#$ so I can get my $%$##@ Beach Head and yet.... this $%%##@ happens.
How did others find out?
I still have a couple CI figure order pages set as my homepage, turned on my Laptop about an hour after they soldout.

UPDATE!!!!
I managed to score Beach Head!!!! I kept hitting the button and finally got one.:clap:blissy

Last edited:
Back