G.I. Joe: Classified 6" figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So Canada Toys R Us (yes, always have to remind people it's still in business here) had a bunch of Baroness Cobra Coils sent to them and now they've all disappeared and are listed on ebay :/. Oh well. I'll be checking TRU for Major Bludd as TRU is the only place that gets Target Exclusives in Canada and prices them as suggested retail price

The one by me only gets one box of figures, missed the Coil, but that was gonna be for trading anyhow.
Local shop is selling Classified figs for 39.99-49.99 for the troop builders.... and the owner is wondering why his stock of anything doesnt move as fast as it used to.

Haha. I've been called much worse than that, so thanks! :rotfl

Thank YOU! If you hadn't given me a heads up yesterday, I wouldn't have called Target today and been able to score a figure.

The redeco Scarlett is up for pre-order on BBTS right now with an expected release of this month. If it's not too late to cancel that Amazon order.

I really hope Bludd is the only item from this wave of Cobra Island. Hopefully, we'll get mass retail announcements on new figures next month. :pray:

No problem. Knowing the situation, we'll have to be helping one another with the next dozen of CI exclusives.
With Amazon prime I have free shipping and easy free returns, never had to do a return with BBTS but it might cost me return shipping. I have yet to see any shipping movement with Scarlett there, makes me think they'll cancel my order. I'll be placing an order elsewhere if they do, Amazon can be **** at times, they abruptly canceled my pre-order of Lady Deathstrike that I made the day it was listed, no such thing as first come, first serve with Amazon.

Got Flint and Lady Jaye yesterday. 2 of my personal favs, and IMO the best in the classified line

185209988_936531320499663_2582450630418014868_n.jpg

No problem. Knowing the situation, we'll have to be helping one another with the next dozen of CI exclusives.
With Amazon prime I have free shipping and easy free returns, never had to do a return with BBTS but it might cost me return shipping. I have yet to see any shipping movement with Scarlett there, makes me think they'll cancel my order. I'll be placing an order elsewhere if they do, Amazon can be **** at times, they abruptly canceled my pre-order of Lady Deathstrike that I made the day it was listed, no such thing as first come, first serve with Amazon.

The only exclusive I ordered through Amazon with the Arctic Mission Storm Shadow. I ordered 2 on day 1 and was lucky enough to have both of them shipped in excellent conditions.

I really with that Hasbro would give BBTS a shot with an exclusive figure. I remember getting exclusives from them for JOE's 25th Anniversary and never having any issues or problems.

I can't wait for my Flint and Jaye, which have yet to ship from Amazon :lol
First thing I thought of was moding Flint's harness to make it more "classic" looking. I'll have to wait to get a second Flint to do the mod though.

My Scarlett finally shipped from Amazon today. Arriving Tuesday, fingers crossed!

Has anyone else had an issue with Lady Jaye's right elbow joints?

The first Jaye I found last month at Target, her elbows were stuck, but once I heated them with a hairdryer they were ok. Then over the next week or so the right lower elbow hinge began to have problems. It would seize up at random, sometimes it would bend and ratchet perfectly, then would go back to feeling gummy and unable to move. Finally the internal pin broke on it's own. I found a second Lady Jaye at Walmart, and on that one the same joint on the same arm would not move and failed in the same spot, so I had to return her. A few days ago I found another one, and this third Lady Jaye again has to same issue with the same arm, but even worse, both the lower and upper elbow hinges refuse to move on the right arm. Plus the arm had some nasty deformities in the back that I couldn't see in the package. That one's going back for sure.

Has anyone else had an issue with Lady Jaye's right elbow joints?

The first Jaye I found last month at Target, her elbows were stuck, but once I heated them with a hairdryer they were ok. Then over the next week or so the right lower elbow hinge began to have problems. It would seize up at random, sometimes it would bend and ratchet perfectly, then would go back to feeling gummy and unable to move. Finally the internal pin broke on it's own. I found a second Lady Jaye at Walmart, and on that one the same joint on the same arm would not move and failed in the same spot, so I had to return her. A few days ago I found another one, and this third Lady Jaye again has to same issue with the same arm, but even worse, both the lower and upper elbow hinges refuse to move on the right arm. Plus the arm had some nasty deformities in the back that I couldn't see in the package. That one's going back for sure.

You don't sound like you're an environmentalist, that's for sure. Hopefully you can fix it on your own but I wouldn't keep buying and tossing/returning. Her arms are smaller and more delicate, but so far, no problems and if something seems extra delicate, maybe just don't pose her in that area that much...? She's a great figure imo as is Flint

Well I've not tossed anything, just 2 store returns, not sure how that's an environmental issue. I wasn't going to eat the cost of these and have a pile of them.

There definitely seems to be a quality control problem with her right elbow joints. The left arms work perfectly on all 3 I've tried. There shouldn't be a "delicate" joint on a figure like this. We're talking about a G.I.Joe figure here, not Neca. The articulation is there to be used for posing. And this is not a ham hands problem either, I take good care of my collection and I know to break out the hairdryer if something is stuck or won't move. My concern is whether this is a widespread issue or not. I'm not going to keep buying and returning them if all of them have this problem. I know there have been others that have encountered this issue.

She is a wonderful figure, she could be my favorite of the line if her right elbow would work properly.

Well I've not tossed anything, just 2 store returns, not sure how that's an environmental issue. I wasn't going to eat the cost of these and have a pile of them.

There definitely seems to be a quality control problem with her right elbow joints. The left arms work perfectly on all 3 I've tried. There shouldn't be a "delicate" joint on a figure like this. We're talking about a G.I.Joe figure here, not Neca. The articulation is there to be used for posing. And this is not a ham hands problem either, I take good care of my collection and I know to break out the hairdryer if something is stuck or won't move. My concern is whether this is a widespread issue or not. I'm not going to keep buying and returning them if all of them have this problem. I know there have been others that have encountered this issue.

She is a wonderful figure, she could be my favorite of the line if her right elbow would work properly.

A tiny bit of silicone oil or even mineral oil should help and won't hurt the plastic. Easy fix for tight joints. Yes, I'm loving this line and hoping for Alley Vipers soon.

I was lucky enough to pick up a 2nd Major Bludd. Why is it that Cobra Island has some of the best figures in the entire line?!
I don't know if Bludd is Top 5 for me, but that head sculpt is my absolute favorite so far.
Collection is complete...until Hasbro does their thing again next month.

Attachments

• IMG_0675.jpg
    IMG_0675.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 30
  • IMG_0678.jpg
    IMG_0678.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 31
Looks good Joe!
Had a bit of a problem, one of my cats knocked down my Bludd that was beside my laptop on a table, found the backpack some feet away but missing one of the rockets (the second rocket was in the launcher). i searched for a couple of hours and thought it became a chew toy and gone for good but found it a few days later under a chair in pristine condition. My Bludd is now in a detolf that's stuffed with figures safe with the other Cobras.

My Flint and Jaye shipped from Amazon and might be here tomorrow, finally!
And I'm sending that Scarlett back to Amazon, got the original deco version again. Placed a preorder with BBTS, I hope it ships in May as it says it will.

My big two have always been Storm Shadow and Snake Eyes. I know lots of people hate the ninja stuff and want just straight military stuff, but I've been the opposite since day one. SS and SE ARE GI Joe to me; very little else matters.

But one of the other things I do love is COBRA. My two favorite Cobras have always been Zartan and Firefly. I've had Firefly since January but Zartan took his sweet ass time getting here. I finally have them standing side by side. Looks awesome. Makes me feel like a kid again.

Looks good Joe!
Had a bit of a problem, one of my cats knocked down my Bludd that was beside my laptop on a table, found the backpack some feet away but missing one of the rockets (the second rocket was in the launcher). i searched for a couple of hours and thought it became a chew toy and gone for good but found it a few days later under a chair in pristine condition. My Bludd is now in a detolf that's stuffed with figures safe with the other Cobras.

My Flint and Jaye shipped from Amazon and might be here tomorrow, finally!
And I'm sending that Scarlett back to Amazon, got the original deco version again. Placed a preorder with BBTS, I hope it ships in May as it says it will.

Thank you!

I like the detolf very much, but I want to get something that will display the 6" line better. Something not as tall for each shelf but longer in length to be able to spread it out more. That's what she said. :rotfl

I'm glad you'll be getting the Scarlett that you want. BBTS is solid.

Thank you!

I like the detolf very much, but I want to get something that will display the 6" line better. Something not as tall for each shelf but longer in length to be able to spread it out more. That's what she said. :rotfl

I'm glad you'll be getting the Scarlett that you want. BBTS is solid.

:lol
You can get an Ikea Billy bookcase, space the shelves as close or far apart as you'd like, then attach glass doors to the outside to create a smaller display cabinet.
I've bought from BBTS and never had issues, since they're located in Wisconsin, takes no time for my orders to arrive in KC.

:lol
You can get an Ikea Billy bookcase, space the shelves as close or far apart as you'd like, then attach glass doors to the outside to create a smaller display cabinet.
I've bought from BBTS and never had issues, since they're located in Wisconsin, takes no time for my orders to arrive in KC.

Thank you. I'll look into that Billy bookcase and see if my nook can accommodate it.

My Flint and Jaye finally arrived from amazon, both are fantastic! My Flint had a little dark paint spot on his lower lip, scraped that off easily, not sure about the large spot of dark paint on his boot, will have to use acetone on that one. Flint's face paint is a little on the cartoonish side, looks far better with the hat. I might just get a second to see if I can improve the face paint. Jaye is great, love the face paint and switch out head options. The lower elbow joints on mine were stuck like scarrviper mentioned, I used hot and cold water to get them moving, so far they're bent and work fine, I'm going to keep an eye on them though, might just have the arms down at the sides for long term display.
And I think I'll need a second Jaye for the other display option, like both the hat and hair equally.

Thank you!

You can also add some shelf supports and more shelves to a Detolf. That's what I did for my 1/18 movie car display in one of my Detolfs. It's got 8 shelves at the moment. You'll have to buy some extra glass shelves (or have them cut) and need some shelf supports, but you can either 3D print the supports or buy some that someone else already made.

Detolf.jpg

Back