Future of DC Films (DCEU)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. With the bones and all bit. Such a dumb movie and I almost fell asleep . I don’t know wtf it was trying to be. Some sappy love story but with cannibals that have no backstory as to what they are? Just a very slow moving boring movie
I figured it'd be like a horror flick "romance" like Natural Born Killers, with them getting some sort of comeuppance, but no, it was shot in a way to legitimately make you sympathetic to a bunch of literal cannibals who murder random people. And they're not bad guys because they "can't help it". They won't go into an asylum, they won't off themselves, but will instead keep murdering innocent people, and I'm supposed to "understand" and "feel sorry" for them? I couldn't help but laugh at the "evil cannibals" contrasted with the "good cannibals". And lest we forget the "romantic" ending which made "bones and all" literal. I can do "out there" and "unrestrained art", but there's a point where you go beyond anti-hero, megalomaniac cartoon villain, even suave serial killer, and arrive at hobo cannibal serial killers melodrama, at which point you've crossed the threshold into Cenobite territory.

This is very off-topic, but I just had to get this out there. Even if you like the cast and the director's previous films, this is an absolute waste of time and a disgusting theme from every aspect.

RE Gunn: He's far too obsessed with his awful humor that it ruins the wholesome and genuine moments for me. I just hope he greenlights the things I care about and is smart enough to not inject his brand into everything. I'm still waiting for that Deathstroke action movie...

I’m also trying to figure it all out and if there’s smoke!

It’s all out there now with the DC battle for control between Rock’s production company and Gunn/Safrin.

BA might suck at an intellectual level but at least he was trying to get Cavill back.

I’m assuming that The Rock was working with Deluca in getting WB to keep the same ZSJL actors, correct?

I really have no idea what’s real when it comes to reports of a power struggle between Johnson and Gunn.

BA basically just broke even using the standard 2.5x budget multiplier. It got roasted by the critics. It made like $1.5M in ticket sales or something on that order. It wasn’t the winner that WBD was looking for obviously. The Rock isn’t in a position to demand anything tbh. He didn’t deliver where it matters most for Zaslav—getting butts in seats.

But what does Gunn bring? TSS lost money badly. Gunn now makes superhero movies with poop and dick jokes. Gunn got even less butts in seats than Johnson. We’ll see how GotG 3 goes. He might manage to hit viewers in the feels with it. Rocket’s probably gonna die. But he already tapped that well pretty hard with the funeral for Yondu in GotG 2. So we’ll see.

I mean if there’s a power struggle between the two… like these are two battling it out for control of the DCU creatively… that’s honestly kind of pathetic!

For the life of me, I don‘t understand why they didn’t simply follow the blueprint that DeLuca and Abdy were following. It seemed sound. Fans were excited to see the existing cast continue.

Maybe it all has to do with tax write-offs at the end of the day. Maybe the only way to assure getting those write-offs is to fold up shop and start anew. That’s the only explanation that makes sense to me.

But I also think whatever Gunn envisions for a rebooted universes, i.e., new tone, stories, etc., is very suspect in terms of how well it will be received by DC fans.

Last edited:
I'm not repetitive, I... I have a unique writing voice... It's stream of consciousness, plebs like yourself wouldn't understand. I'm a regular James Joyce I am!

I'll get you NEXT TIME!

fb7.gif

Another verbose author that no one bothers to read anymore. This is why lawyers don't let their clients testify when they're on trial - you're making my case for me! :rotfl

Another verbose author that no one bothers to read anymore. This is why lawyers don't let their clients testify when they're on trial - you're making my case for me! :rotfl
That's it, I'm coming for you! And I won't be alone. I'll be bringing Sinbad the Sailor and Tinbad the Tailor and Jinbad the Jailer and Whinbad the Whaler and Ninbad the Nailer and Finbad the Failer and Binbad the Bailer and Pinbad the Pailer and Minbad the Mailer and Hinbad the Hailerand Rinbad the Railer and Dinbad the Kailer and Vinbad the Quailer and Linbad the Yailer and Xinbad the Phthailer. And then there'll be a bababadalgharaghtakamminarronnkonnbronntonnerronntuonnthunntrovarrhounawnskawntoohoohoordenenthurnuk!

Look at Cyclone and Atom Smasher in BA.

WB presented 2 of the most useless superheroes ever with these 2.

Atom was given a Deadpool mask and made to act silly he is a caricature not a real character it’s really embarrassing to watch. Ant-Man has so much more depth than whatever it was WB wanted with that abomination of a character introduction.

Cyclone is smarter than the Atom guy that’s all that matters. Her powers are super boring.

Call Snyder untalented all you want he would’ve never introduced characters in his DC universe in the manner these 2 were handled.

Gunn has his work cut out for him but his so called edgy humor does nothing for me.
Humor is a tricky thing to get right for sure. The Suicide Squad dropped the ball big time i.m.o. while Peacemaker hit just the right notes.

That's it, I'm coming for you! And I won't be alone. I'll be bringing Sinbad the Sailor and Tinbad the Tailor and Jinbad the Jailer and Whinbad the Whaler and Ninbad the Nailer and Finbad the Failer and Binbad the Bailer and Pinbad the Pailer and Minbad the Mailer and Hinbad the Hailerand Rinbad the Railer and Dinbad the Kailer and Vinbad the Quailer and Linbad the Yailer and Xinbad the Phthailer. And then there'll be a bababadalgharaghtakamminarronnkonnbronntonnerronntuonnthunntrovarrhounawnskawntoohoohoordenenthurnuk!
Holy crap :rotfl

Buff will be like :google

I think after the last several years of "The Snyderverse is totally being restored behind the scenes, and this tweet/offhanded comment/random paparazzi photo of Ben Affleck proves it!" was laid bare to not have been true, maybe there isn't always some grand conspiracy behind things. Throughout this past year I've seen the convo shift from "Why would Zack put a copy of Final Crisis in his social media photo if ZSJL2 and 3 weren't greenlit?!" to "Flash and Aquaman 2 must have been delayed because WB wants to reshoot them to set up ZSJL2 and 3!" to "Batgirl being cancelled is because Zaslav clearly wants Ben back so he can make ZSJL2 and 3 and a solo Batman movie!" to "Ben Affleck shot a cameo for Aquaman 2! Why else would he do that if it weren't to set up the return of the Snyderverse?!" to most recently "Jason Momoa mentioned working with someone by the name 'Maestro' in an Instagram video; he's clearly talking about Zack coming back to make ZSJL2 and 3!" and in literally every case the theories turned out to be incorrect, with there indeed being another, more rational explanation that turned out to be correct.

The Marvel connection doesn't go any deeper than various execs going "Oh, Marvel's universe is significantly more successful than ours, maybe we should headhunt some of their workers," which is literally such a common thing in the business world that employers sometimes put non-compete clauses in the contracts of the people they hire.

Last edited:
Buff and I are going to come visit you in Greece lol
Bah, that's just a proxy. Another masterful lie by yours truly. You have no idea where I reside. H-Honest...

We’ll go visit him in Greece and laugh at him for not having a world cup team lol

Then he’ll trick us to go look at his collection and “doom” us to his dungeon :horror
I hate football. If I had my way, the entire sport would be banned and we'd throw footie fans in gladiatorial pits...

Or I'll just put him on ignore....but there's no fun in that lol...
00ab3cbc7d1eee5484d4224997d8a0f0.gif

When I'm God Emperor I'll buy DC and Marvel and Star Wars, I'll save them all, and then I'll make all the Space Opera 5 Hour Epics I want! Cameron and his Furry Fetish obsession have nothing on me! And then you'll beg me to allow you to see them, but I'll ignore your pleas and leave you in your dungeon!

Wait, Victor’s in Greece? Upon further reflection, I love all of his long, detailed, informative posts. When can we come visit Vic?
Bah, flattery will get you nowhere.

Send me some dollies. Then Doom will... reconsider...

-

But seriously now, I really hope Gunn does do a good job on the Space Front considering his GotG background. It's not as good as I'd have wanted it to be, but he did tackle things such as Ego. I'd genuinely love to see a massive scale New Gods adaptation or a proper GL franchise.

And how exactly would that work? I think the majority of Hollywood types don't have attention spans long enough to get through one of VIctor's treatments lol. Heck, I used to try to soldier through his posts here but now I just skip them 9 times out of 10. No offense Vic, but life is too short! :lol

Lol!

I like Victor's enthusiasm. I picture the movie beginning with a text crawl like Star Wars but it'll take 30 minutes to get through because he has to expound on the history, nuances, why and why not's of the choices made in the film, the preferred actors but not getting all of them because of the studio, etc. 🤣

Lol!

I like Victor's enthusiasm. I picture the movie beginning with a text crawl like Star Wars but it'll take 30 minutes to get through because he has to expound on the history, nuances, why and why not's of the choices made in the film, the preferred actors but not getting all of them because of the studio, etc. 🤣
Lynch Dune style.

maxresdefault.jpg

"A beginning is a very delicate time."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back