Future of DC Films (DCEU)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, to be fair, He had one solo film, one team-up film and one team film (not counting its director's cut as a separate film). That was 3 films in a span of 5 years. The deafening radio silence in the 5 years and counting since is where it all went wrong. This would be the rough equivalent to Thor having never appeared again in the MCU after Age of Ultron.

And, of course, the DCEU's Batman isn't faring any better.
Still unacceptable for what is probably the father of all superheroes. Sad how marvel managed these so well but DC completely dropped the ball. Not to mention the idiots had all the characters. They had everything lined up. They could have EASILY beaten marvel had they had more faith in there characters and not just Batman . That was the whole problem. They had zero faith in any character they had . They literally sit on a gold mine of content and characters but haven’t done **** with them.

Marvel had no Spider-Man, no xmen and no ff. They were playing with b list characters and some z listers now those characters are house hood names while many dc heroes are being left behind

It took the rise of the avengers for them to finally make a Justice league film. What a joke.

Still unacceptable for what is probably the father of all superheroes. Sad how marvel managed these so well but DC completely dropped the ball. Not to mention the idiots had all the characters. They had everything lined up. They could have EASILY beaten marvel had they had more faith in there characters and not just Batman . That was the whole problem. They had zero faith in any character they had . They literally sit on a gold mine of content and characters but haven’t done **** with them.

Marvel had no Spider-Man, no xmen and no ff. They were playing with b list characters and some z listers now those characters are house hood names while many dc heroes are being left behind

It took the rise of the avengers for them to finally make a Justice league film. What a joke.
I will certainly agree.

I know it’s not fair to compare it to the DCAU, but THIS is what I hoped would exist.
justice_league_unlimited_primary.jpg

I wonder if Zaslav might push it to HBO Max rather than dump any money into marketing it. It looks like it's going to be DC's answer to Morbius. The birth of a new DC Legend... :toilet_cl

I wonder if WBD will make the recently surfacing allegations that Ezra Miller contributed to the delinquency of a minor that Ezra met at age 12, and allegedly tried to sleep with that individual at age 14, go away by offering a settlement which will of course include NDA. If there is enough truth to it to warrant concern, of course. Don’t see how WBD can replace Ezra for the upcoming film, since Ezra’s the star of the movie!

I wonder if WBD will make the recently surfacing allegations that Ezra Miller contributed to the delinquency of a minor that Ezra met at age 12, and allegedly tried to sleep with that individual at age 14, go away by offering a settlement which will of course include NDA. If there is enough truth to it to warrant concern, of course. Don’t see how WBD can replace Ezra for upcoming film, since Ezra’s the star of the movie!
I just read those allegations.

Geez. Talk about hitching your wagon to the wrong horse.

I just read those allegations.

Geez. Talk about hitching your wagon to the wrong horse.

Well, at this point they have a huge investment. The movie’s been shot. I can’t imagine they would just scrap it.

Well, at this point they have a huge investment. The movie’s been shot. I can’t imagine they would just scrap it.
Right. This isn’t like Amber Heard’s 5 minutes in Aquaman 2. Ezra’s in most of the movie.

Wrong horse to bet on, but also you don’t change horses midway across the river. (That’s enough horse analogies. I’m beating a dead horse here.)

Black Adam will dumb down the superhero genre even more than the Hamadaverse has done thus far.

At this point that flash movie is destined for failure. What a mess. Well that’s what you get when you wait decades to make a movie about the most popular speedster I suppose. Sad.

Also we got a sequel to the joker movie and now a new joker in the newest Batman films. Seriously this studio is so stupid. And I know for a fact harly is showing up

At this point that flash movie is destined for failure. What a mess. Well that’s what you get when you wait decades to make a movie about the most popular speedster I suppose. Sad.

Also we got a sequel to the joker movie and now a new joker in the newest Batman films. Seriously this studio is so stupid. And I know for a fact harly is showing up
“So, uh, do you want to do more movies about all your many amazing DC heroes? Give Green Lantern another try? A Teen Titans film? More than one Superman film?”

DC: “…How about we have three different Batmen and three different Jokers instead?”

“So, uh, do you want to do more movies about all your many amazing DC heroes? Give Green Lantern another try? A Teen Titans film? More than one Superman film?”

DC: “…How about we have three different Batmen and three different Jokers instead?”
“teen titans? Expanding our universe? Trying new things? Beating marvel to the punch? Pfft. Hell no. The people and fans want multiple Batman content and lots and lots of jokers. That’s what made us successful anyway. Lots and lots of jokers and Batman. The chart doesn’t lie. Keep pumping out the same stuff we’ve seen before!”

No but seriously…. These idiots could have easily beaten marvel to the punch by making a plastic man film before marvel comes out with deadpool and ff4

If you were Zaslav, would you:
a) recast and reshoot The Flash movie, thus delaying it again and pouring even more money into it (potential sunk cost fallacy as many were not excited about the movie anyway).
b) release as is and then recast following the release of the movie (accept the sunk cost and move on)
c) recast for the end of the movie. It seems likely that they'll just have Keaton be the main DCEU's Bruce while Affleck is off in an offshoot world should they ever explore it. So why not just do the same with Barry, just replace him when he returns to the current timeline.

As others have said, this isn't an Aquaman 2 situation. Miller isn't just playing the main Barry, he's playing multiple. This issue is all over the movie. Heard is at least a side character. This is the main character, along with playing alternate versions of themself. What an amazingly awful situation to inherit for Zaslav. Even if he wanted to restore the Snyderverse, this places that in huge jeopardy as well, and would still be an issue you'd need to resolve. I really wonder if a complete reboot isn't in order at this point.

If you were Zaslav, would you:
a) recast and reshoot The Flash movie, thus delaying it again and pouring even more money into it (potential sunk cost fallacy as many were not excited about the movie anyway).
b) release as is and then recast following the release of the movie (accept the sunk cost and move on)
c) recast for the end of the movie. It seems likely that they'll just have Keaton be the main DCEU's Bruce while Affleck is off in an offshoot world should they ever explore it. So why not just do the same with Barry, just replace him when he returns to the current timeline.

As others have said, this isn't an Aquaman 2 situation. Miller isn't just playing the main Barry, he's playing multiple. This issue is all over the movie. Heard is at least a side character. This is the main character, along with playing alternate versions of themself. What an amazingly awful situation to inherit for Zaslav. Even if he wanted to restore the Snyderverse, this places that in huge jeopardy as well, and would still be an issue you'd need to resolve. I really wonder if a complete reboot isn't in order at this point.
D) cut all Flash scenes. Advertise it as Batman: Flashpoint. Bring back all the previous Batmans.

100% improbable. But I can dream.

Best Business option is to just release the damn film, keep Miller off the promo circuit, and recast next time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back