EXO-6 Star Trek "TOS" Figures (The Original Series)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, the sculpts do look off. I think they looked different at the Chicago showing last year.

Also curious they show two versions- is the version with the jacket being sold separately? I wouldn’t think so but maybe?

I wish I knew what was going with EXO-6, because for me they started off pretty strong but with each subsequent figure they’ve been getting progressively worse. This looks nothing like Pike. And even if the sculpt was off it would be ok, if the paint work looked half way decent. But this looks like playmates level :(

I wish I knew what was going with EXO-6, because for me they started off pretty strong but with each subsequent figure they’ve been getting progressively worse. This looks nothing like Pike. And even if the sculpt was off it would be ok, if the paint work looked half way decent. But this looks like playmates level :(
Star Ace went the same. Hoping EXO-6 can recover. I'm sure TWOK Kirk, Spock, and McCoy will be amazing, but then they've been worked on for years.

On Nanjins page everyone is gushing over Pike, but on the Exo page everyone is saying the likeness is terrible. It's a tale of 2 groups for sure.

Seems like a roll of the dice. They have some really talented people who have put forward great sculpts and then there’s the other side of the spectrum (lesser skilled?) For a figure that’s been presumably in development for a while this showing fails to achieve that “wow” factor. I know I keep saying this, but look at the Vadic sculpt and compare it to this version of Pike.

Why the drastic difference in sculpt accuracy?

To be fair this is another actor with generically handsome features that would probably be challenging for any CG artist to nail down.

Not saying they should have settled for this, but I'm also not really surprised that they weren't able to get there.

To be fair this is another actor with generically handsome features that would probably be challenging for any CG artist to nail down.
Can we say that about Shatner as well though? Qmx pulled it off quite well IMO.

Not saying they should have settled for this, but I'm also not really surprised that they weren't able to get there.
I dunno. Some of the figures feel like they’re relegated to a B squad of artists. Jeffrey Hunter maybe didn’t have a lot of defining characteristics to his face but still I feel like the likeness could be better.

I'm getting more of a Ray Liotta vibe...

454432-unnamed-2-.jpg

ray liotta 1.jpg

Back