EXO-6 Star Trek "TOS" Figures (The Original Series)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
These look a lot better. Much better! Maybe some paint work and concentrating on capturing Hunter's/Pike's glassy blue eyes and we'll have something.

View attachment 646590
I don’t understand. Are these expected to be on the upcoming figure ? But the photography of the teaser ad is not good ? Are these still under consideration for Nanjin’s upcoming release ? Or are they protos that he’s thrown away in favor of a newer sculpt ?

Looks like completely different (and better) sculpts vs. what they teased. Night and day difference, why even show the other?

I don’t understand. Are these expected to be on the upcoming figure ? But the photography of the teaser ad is not good ? Are these still under consideration for Nanjin’s upcoming release ? Or are they protos that he’s thrown away in favor of a newer sculpt ?
Too many questions. Who knows really? I don't think we're meant or entitled to understand. Are they prototypes, final sculpts, experiments from years ago... we'll never know. At best we can glean this is very much a work in progress until the final product is officially revealed or delivered. There's never any point in asking questions that could help in clarifying when it comes to these projects. I just like these sculpts enough that I'm willing to trust what we see here and roll with it.

This photo had a caption that read more like a prose than anything we can take forward to understanding what's to come:
"Every single figure from Mission Chicago that has not officially announced by EXO-6 was revised or being revised or will be revised.
Some have significant improvements, and some very subtle. Nevertheless, we don't forgo any adjustments that can yield feasible improvements.
Note the word "feasible."
Not just head sculpts, revisions include outfits and accessories."

I prefer the one on the left, as well. He tended to have a serious or scowl look for most of the time. Still not at a "Mirror, Mirror Sulu" level of perfection but getting closer.

Yes please…

IMG_3324.jpeg

This gave me the idea. Look at the pointed sideburns, it was a standard for TOS characters. I remember reading that no one wanted scifi hair styles so they decided on just pointing the sideburns.

Attachments

• Lt Uhuru.jpg
    Lt Uhuru.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 0
Really? I didn't think it could look any more spot on myself.

Glad to see some progress on this, as it's easily my most anticipated TOS figure.

Yep - there we are . . .

Same here regarding "most anticipated". Out of the entire collection, this is the figure I want EXO-6 to put the most effort into. No question.

Oh - and a "mirror universe" version too please :naughty

The woman was a goddess.

1688321376125.png
.​

Discounting the Mirror Mirror pair of figures Exo-6 hasn’t started the TOS crew.

This does confirm that they are prototyping characters that QMx didn’t… or at least didn’t publicly show (least to my knowledge they didn’t display an Uhura prototype)

Back