EXO-6 Star Trek "The Next Generation" Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
She is not a must-have but if she is released and has a great looking head sculpt, I would pick her up.

For me, the non-must-haves require that much more, specifically in capturing the head sculpt, for me to get them. In her case, she has that added bonus of linking back to TOS. (as an actress).

Great to see EXO-6 jumping on the Picard hype.

ZERO preorders during the past 9 weeks.
Still one week left 😂 so we never know what might happen between today and the finale.

I’m hoping for some more TNG crew teases, especially some hints around what Data may come with accessory wise.

Ha yeah there have been lots of FB posts hyping up the connection, but still no preorders or teases of any new TNG related figures for some reason.

He did say something before about showing off a bunch more figures at an upcoming event, but not sure when that will be.

Well technically we did get the tease for the First Contact EV suit Worf. Sounds like it should go up for pre-order next month.

Still one week left 😂 so we never know what might happen between today and the finale.

I’m hoping for some more TNG crew teases, especially some hints around what Data may come with accessory wise.
For sure, this is the biggest send off for this crew since All Good Things, I was definitely expecting something. I’d take any kind of update on this line.

@Brunt FCA posted a Kira update in the DS9 thread and it looks like TNG Data is there as well. Seems like he’s been ready for a while as he was also teased in the Locutus pre-order pictures.

I think they could do a better job on the marketing side of things, tease what’s to come, get your customer base talking and engaged, generate hype, etc. This has been a bit of a flop since it was suggested we’d see something.

The Picard S3 sculpt they showed off looked pretty on point. I hope the eventual TNG version gets it that close.

IMG_3453.jpeg

Thanks for the update KXG.

I hope they pull this one off in terms of meeting expectations and living up to the PO images. Seems to be quite a pendulum swing between releases, for example when I see what they teased for Vadic (which is an extremely realistic portrayal vs. the majority of VOY releases), they look like they come from two different companies.

Thanks for the update KXG.

I hope they pull this one off in terms of meeting expectations and living up to the PO images. Seems to be quite a pendulum swing between releases, for example when I see what they teased for Vadic (which is an extremely realistic portrayal vs. the majority of VOY releases), they look like they come from two different companies.
Definitely. Unless they've had a very sudden advancement in production technique, exo doesnt even seem capable of mass production of that quality. Those Picard teasers like Vadic look like Hot Toys releases, while nothing they've recently released looks anywhere close to that level.
But I'd be thrilled to be pleasantly surprised by future releases. I do really hope that the Picard figures represent an upgrade in production quality.

Yeah I really wish every figure could look as good as Mirror Sulu or Vadic, but it's clear they need to rely on a wide range of CG artists to get the job done with the multitude of characters being produced. As I'm guessing it takes quite a while to refine and finish each CG sculpt.

But as I've said before, I'm still pretty happy with the quality we've been getting and don't mind the slightly caricaturish sculpts too much, as long as I can easily recognize the character.

All valid points davejames, I wonder if they pick and choose who works on what as there have been varying degrees of strength in releases. Generally, I think the Mirror TOS line has been stronger vs. VOY.

On some of the more widely coveted figures, such as TWOK, I’d assume they would assign their most skilled.

Yeah I really wish every figure could look as good as Mirror Sulu or Vadic, but it's clear they need to rely on a wide range of CG artists to get the job done with the multitude of characters being produced. As I'm guessing it takes quite a while to refine and finish each CG sculpt.

But as I've said before, I'm still pretty happy with the quality we've been getting and don't mind the slightly caricaturish sculpts too much, as long as I can easily recognize the character.
While the sculpts indeed have varying degrees of likeness, I dont think the difference in quality is generally due to the sculpts. On the whole I think exo has produced solid sculpts. I think it mostly comes down to the paint application. Spending a week carefully airbrushing a prototype for marketing photos will produce results with unattainable expectations for rapid mass production. Hot Toys has the experience and infrastructure to get damn close, but the smaller exo-6 typically does not operate on that level. Some releases are better than others of course, and not every sculpt is a winner.

I think there are some simple steps they could do to give their paint a jump in quality though. Tone down the plastic gloss with some satin/matte paint/coating (pretty much everywhere except the eyes/mouth), lightly airbrush the skin tone into the edges of the hairline, and maybe add more texture into that hair.

Last edited:
While the sculpts indeed have varying degrees of likeness, I dont think the difference in quality is generally due to the sculpts. On the whole I think exo has produced solid sculpts. I think it mostly comes down to the paint application. Spending a week carefully airbrushing a prototype for marketing photos will produce results with unattainable expectations for rapid mass production. Hot Toys has the experience and infrastructure to get damn close, but the smaller exo-6 typically does not operate on that level. Some releases are better than others of course, and not every sculpt is a winner.

I think there are some simple steps they could do to give their paint a jump in quality though. Tone down the plastic gloss with some satin/matte paint/coating (pretty much everywhere except the eyes/mouth), lightly airbrush the skin tone into the edges of the hairline, and maybe add more texture into that hair.
You nailed it on the head here, the paint apps make all the difference. Even on Janeway we’ve seen some great refinements by @davejames and @QuiGonFishing and it looks like a completely different figure.

Great news! Looking forward to seeing in hand pictures of this one, I ordered through BBTS so I have a ways to go on delivery.

Hopefully he’s followed up quickly with another TNG PO.

Back