EXO-6 Star Trek "General Discussion" 1/6 Line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Problem is it's impossible to predict what he might perceive as being judgey. And you can be as polite as can be, but question the color choice on a uniform or point out that the likeness needs a bit more work, and he'll fly off the handle at you.
Yes, I think there is a degree of culture clash going on too. I never assumed that my cultural norms were the same as his and took that into account when judging any responses. I think some people overreact. I've even been accused of drinking kool aid (not even sure what that is tbh) because I did not want to join in being rude. If you choose to throw insults at anyone who disagrees, maybe the problem is you? Edit: (Not you davejames lol - general comment).

I've even been accused of drinking kool aid (not even sure what that is tbh) because I did not want to join in being rude. If you choose to throw insults at anyone who disagrees, maybe the problem is you? Edit: (Not you davejames lol - general comment).
And that is a problem here. There is a mob mentality among a minority of folks that if you aren't with them then you are against them. They want to be able to tell him whatever they want and he has to accept it, but point out any errors in their statements, or god forbid offer a differing point of view and you are a apologist, and against the board.

Yes, I think there is a degree of culture clash going on too. I never assumed that my cultural norms were the same as his and took that into account when judging any responses. I think some people overreact. I've even been accused of drinking kool aid (not even sure what that is tbh) because I did not want to join in being rude. If you choose to throw insults at anyone who disagrees, maybe the problem is you? Edit: (Not you davejames lol - general comment).

And that is a problem here. There is a mob mentality among a minority of folks that if you aren't with them then you are against them. They want to be able to tell him whatever they want and he has to accept it, but point out any errors in their statements, or god forbid offer a differing point of view and you are a apologist, and against the board.

You guys, I appreciate your instinct to be humble and kind. The world needs a whole lot more of that, no doubt. But this is not a question of culture clash. Hong Kong is a veritable treasure trove of business and a commerce hub for the entire world, and you'd better believe the people who run all those companies that supply customers on a global basis understand what business relations and customer service is supposed to look like. They live it every day, and they do it well.

What we have here is a deeply idiosyncratic individual who sees his work not as public commerce, but as his own personal project that he is almost exclusively doing for himself and also to please the classic Trek innovators responsible for bringing these shows to us currently and back in the day that he has befriended over the years. He has wrapped just about 100% of himself into this project and because of this he literally feels like the project is a physical part of him.

Making this endeavor so personal is what leads us directly into the customer service issues many have experienced.

Again, the only conflict customers have is in expecting to experience the same basic customer care model from EXO that they have had with every other business they've dealt with, and having the door slammed on them instead is not something that's easy to accept when it's their dollars that allow the company to exist at all.

So, this is nothing to do with a mob of irrational people looking for someone to be rude to. When normal customer expectations are thwarted on nearly a daily basis, combined with threats to deny certain products to them, and to be cast off as undesirables, it's not normal to sit back and think that's ok. And I'll also add that when another group of customers DOES decide to sit back, think this treatment IS ok and scream "Nothing to see here!" That does tend to come off as folks so desperate not to get on his bad side and deny themselves the chance to get into this Section 31 elite group that your personal pride is a sacrifice you're all too willing to make. And that position may not sit all that well with the former group whose only crime is a desire to be treated with the same common level of respect just about all customers of any normal business enjoy.

That's the lay of the land.

NOW SWITCHING GEARS!

We all know by now who we're dealing with and what to expect from him. He is NOT going to be persuaded or shamed into the idea that his approach to this endeavor is flawed or wrong.

So, with all this evidence right in front of all of us, the only question that remains is are we willing to put OUR personal pride aside (you know that same personal pride that I verbally crucified NT for above) and add the items to our collections that we want so badly that we KNOW we will almost certainly never get from any other source? Each of us will have to answer that question for ourselves individually. For some, maybe that price is too high, but I'd wager that for the VAST majority of us, we can find a way to put NT's ways and approach to things in pocket somewhere, and not let it bother us to the point of not getting these figures at all and move the F on!

I've said this before, so let me say it one (hopefully last) time. You'd better be thankful for NT's personal insanity because with Trek occupying such a relatively small wedge of fan support compared to other more storied properties, ONLY A CRAZY MAN would get this deep into a line of merchandise with what one has to assume are minimal profit margins and such a (again relatively) limited body of source material to work with.

So, the bottom line is that NT's mind-set, that this is a personal project for him and him alone ( and because of his personal altruism and goodness he'll grudgingly let us get in on too!), is the ONLY THING that's is making this line a reality!

So, make your own personal choice as to whether you can tolerate the treatment you get from NT or not, and then work with him or don't BUT CAN WE ALL SHUT UP ABOUT IT NOW? That would be GREAT (says the Jedi Master who literally just wrote a book on the subject :ROFLMAO:)

Thanks for the platform, I'm done...........you know, unless anyone disagrees with any WORD of this! :ROFLMAO:.

Last edited:
LOL - just signed on to read the last couple of pages. There's a WEE bit of hypocrisy & duplicitous reasoning going on here to justify a certain person's behaviour.

Let it go guys - every few weeks this goes round in circles to no-ones benefit.

It's THAT time of year folks - enjoy your family (or curse them as is your wont :chase ) . . . and may your heads never fall fall off at an inopportune moment :)

Last edited:
That's just it though, you have a handful of people that can't and keep bringing the drama here or make snide comments.

Just put them on "ignore" dude - no problem after that :) . If anyone gets too out of hand or pushes buttons too often - the staff WILL at some point take care of them.

LOL - just signed on to read the last couple of pages. There's a WEE bit of hypocrisy & duplicitous reasoning going on here to justify a certain person's behaviour.

Let it go guys - every few weeks this goes round in circles to no-ones benefit.

It's THAT time of year folks - enjoy your family (or curse them as is your wont :chase ) . . . and may your heads never fall fall off at an inopportune moment :)

Yes, that was totally the point of my last SIX paragraphs :joy

Except that anyone running a business should understand that the definition of a business that produces product to sell to a customer base is that said business operates to satisfy and please those customers first and foremost. And therefore, any business in this category should be beholden to that customer base to field reasonable questions and respond to reasonable concerns without requiring customers to genuflect and abase themselves at the feet of the business owner before their concerns are deemed worthy to be addressed.

That doesn't mean anyone should have to deal with vitriol or abuse, but expressing a legitimate concern, or even having a difference of opinion on a piece of merchandise one seeks to purchase, has no place in that category.

The trouble is, Voldemort is not running a business to satisfy customers, he's using customers to fund the manufacture of his personal dream collection! And in that light, it all makes sense. If you were building an addition onto your personal residence, and you have a very clear and precise set of plans to deliver exactly what you want, what would your attitude be towards neighbors popping by and saying, "Ooo, I wouldn't do what you're doing THAT way, its not going to look right and we (your neighbors) won't like it."? Your reaction would be "How DARE you! Mind your own business!"

And now you understand.

We should not be forced to stroke Voldemort's ego just to have our voices heard by his, or ANY company we want to work with.

And it's not like we're going to picket the factory if we don't get our way! We "Experts" are FOR SURE EXO's most prolific supporters and providers of funding, and yet we are treated at best like ingrates and at worst saboteurs.... It's not right.

But here I am buying all his stuff without pause or hesitation... 😭
It's this very scenario that has taken the air out of the balloon for me, so to speak. The figures are overall pretty good, with some standouts and some misses, but the excitement has ebbed, IMO. I'm glad TWOK Spock has not been released this year as I HATE last minute Christmas releases, as occurred with last year's TMP Spock. Hoping Cpt Spock is a Spring release and maybe TOS Spock later in 2024 or 2025. Anymore I'm checking here for updates, but the vibe has altered and there's nothing for it.

He did technically call out Darren on Facebook. It's not like this happened out of the blue.

O. M. G. . . . . . Samantha will NOT be pleased!

1703125001123.jpeg

I really don’t think a lot of people were that rude to him to start off with. Some just gave suggestions and it was like the idea of that offended him because he knows all in regards to Star Trek figures. He kind of flipped the switch and made more people turn their opinions on him if you ask me.
Usually, he's right - he does know vastly more than we do, as he should. In some ways i am reminded of listening to sports talk call in radio shows. Most people are respectful, ask easy questions that are answered politely.

but then there's the occasional guy who knows better how to run or coach the team, what trades to make, etc. Of course they don't but they think they do. The world would be better in their eyes if everyone just followed their advice.

It's just the nature of any large group of people expressing opinions. It an be hard, but there'd be a whole lot less fuss if that could be as easily emotionally accepted, as it is intellectually.

He did technically call out Darren on Facebook. It's not like this happened out of the blue.

Yeah, I only posted what he said cause it was a near word for word statement based on a post here. Sorry for the thread hijack

Merry Christmas Freaks! All the best to you and your families in the coming New Year!

View attachment 680235

Back atcha buddy!

Love the pic.

Of course, my eyes were immediately drawn to Uhura, but then I spotted Spock's "Santa" - there were extra smiles :)

Back