EXO-6 Star Trek "General Discussion" 1/6 Line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In terms of displaying, I don't do the whole "detolf in a hermetically sealed room with precise humidity and temperature control." These sit on my desk. I *gasp* play with them/pose them whenever I feel the need/want to.

/rant

Yes! I buy them to have fun and take pictures with them! I do have a Detolf but it is already filled with other fandoms. Perhaps I should update it, for now the Voyager and Enterprise figures are in their boxes on an shelf. But they regularly are getting played with. I have no intention of selling anything, I am happy that I have them!

For me it will just be TOS and TOS movie figures. I used to love TNG, DS9 and VOY but not so much anymore, when I watch Star Trek these days 99.9% of the time it will be TOS or TOS movie, seems logical to simply collect the things I have attachment with. I also collect some Star Wars OT only besides prequel Jedi and Classic Doctor Who.

Latest group shot. Added Paris. Ensign Kim should be reporting for duty any day now.
IMG_2924.jpeg

Guys, just wondering but are most of you buying every release coming out ? I don’t come by to the ST threads much these days but I notice many collectors are in on almost every ST series. Do you guys have that much room to display every line and not collect other figures ? The other Q is if you ever need to sell to free up room or just want to sell some figures, be aware the market looks to be pretty flooded and you may end up not easily able to sell. I still buy but very selective because of the above. Something to think about as more figures are released.
I’m selective in what I buy and purchase to own for the long haul.

I own Archer and Locutus to date, Data is on pre-order. I’m all in for the TNG bridge crew (including Ro), I will pick up T’Pol and Trip from Enterprise and Kirk and Spock from TOS plus their variants in the monster maroons. I likely would’ve bought into the First Contact line to but I missed the boat on Picard and Data so that ship has sailed. Everything else is case by case.

Latest group shot. Added Paris. Ensign Kim should be reporting for duty any day now.
View attachment 673914

I think that's the best angle/shot I've seen of Archer - nice!

I don't think there's a camera angle on the planet that could make that "Paris" look decent though :slap

Guys, just wondering but are most of you buying every release coming out ? I don’t come by to the ST threads much these days but I notice many collectors are in on almost every ST series. Do you guys have that much room to display every line and not collect other figures ? The other Q is if you ever need to sell to free up room or just want to sell some figures, be aware the market looks to be pretty flooded and you may end up not easily able to sell. I still buy but very selective because of the above. Something to think about as more figures are released.
This is a question about what our collecting criteria is, whether that's Star Trek or anything. Like most I buy what I like with increasing selectivity these days because cost is a huge concern. Display and storage space is a concern too, but somehow that manages itself and often in the worst way possible that looks a lot like a hoarder’s mess. Gotta do something about those dang boxes! Resale value isn’t a factor in my collecting at all, although FOMO is and I find myself having to make tough decisions just to jump on a purchase while I can rather than suffer the risk of paying more in the secondary market. EXO-6 is the only company investing in Star Trek, and I doubt any other maker will, so their figures will hold value over time.

In terms of criteria I choose franchises and characters that have some meaning for me, but one of the foremost considerations in my collecting is to buy figures that are just unique and well made. As a collector of high-end 1:6 I’m interested in figures that shine and pop in my collection and represent the best efforts of craftsmanship that can be brought to the medium. Doesn't matter that character or source material is, if it’s a well made figure I’ll consider it. In the case of EXO-6 Star Trek I didn't invest in any of the Voyager line - it wasn’t a ST show I watched - but did make the exception for Seven simply because it was a special project that EXO-6 put some real work into. It also felt like something utterly unique amongst the vast majority of figures I have and that proved to be true as it holds a nice presence in my collection and I’m really glad to have it.

I’ll likely buy some other unique EXO-6 figures, even if they’re secondary characters. T’Pol and Georgiou come to mind if they do a good job, even though I’m not buying any other Enterprise or Discovery figures. Apart from those rogue purchases I plan to focus on TOS, TNG and the TOS films. I’ll see what I can afford and will surely have to pass on a few characters just to keep a sustained budget for the next few years of EXO-6 projects. There isn’t enough money to stretch across the full EXO-6 Star Trek universe.

So will this be on actual Black Friday, or are they just using that term? We really need to know WHEN this is going to happen!
It read likes they are just using the name for their warehouse finds.

If there are figures discounted it will probably be what’s currently in stock, or maybe just Discovery figures.

So will this be on actual Black Friday, or are they just using that term? We really need to know WHEN this is going to happen!
I’m going to go out on a limb here and assume that there isn’t going to be a discounted price on any of these as the term Black Friday would suggest. Happy to be proved wrong.

I'm not expecting any discounts at all, but there are likely to be only and handful of these items available for this round (by either true or manufactured scarcity), so what is critical is knowing WHEN the drop.

I guess they are going to NOT tell us this deliberately so we have to stay glued to the website :rolleyes:

The only ones I might be tempted to grab if available would be the VOY crew I passed on initially (Chakotay, Tuvok, Seven).

As it stands I’ll have a half crew from that series. Probably won’t get them to be honest. I already have more than I thought I would.

I'm still fine with my decision not to pick up Chakotay, Paris and Kim. The only one I might reconsider is S3 Picard, but I'm sure that won't be too hard to find after it releases.

The wonky eye issue on Chakotay and Tuvok did them no favors in my decision to not pick them up.

The stock paint on Seven just doesn’t look great. If I got her I’d have her re-painted. Saw this re-paint on Facebook that makes it so clear how weak the stock EXO-6 paint job is.

IMG_2927.jpeg

The wonky eye issue on Chakotay and Tuvok did them no favors in my decision to not pick them up.

The stock paint on Seven just doesn’t look great. If I got her I’d have her re-painted. Saw this re-paint on Facebook that makes it so clear how weak the stock EXO-6 paint job is.

View attachment 674171

That looks nice - although I have to admit I thought the body on this was truly awful too (sorry guys).

Back