EXO-6 Star Trek "General Discussion" 1/6 Line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They are recycling the capital as they go. The whole thing is on a knife edge. You can see why they started lower end and are working up. No hope of generating capital for high volume figures on day one.

Or so we have been led to believe........

THERE SHE IS! There she is! Ahhhhh……And not so wounded as we were led to believe...... So much the better!

Last edited:
Or so we have been led to believe........

THERE SHE IS! There she is! Ahhhhh……And not so wounded as we were led to believe...... So much the better!

Yeah marketing 101 is to try and convince your customers that they need to buy your product for one reason or another. But he's doing much better than anyone since Playmates and Diamond Select. If Nanjin can't do it, nobody else will!

Yeah marketing 101 is to try and convince your customers that they need to buy your product for one reason or another. But he's doing much better than anyone since Playmates and Diamond Select. If Nanjin can't do it, nobody else will!

On this we certainly agree. for all of the times I've been put off by his approach to customer relations and especially well intended feedback, Nanjin's passion (if not his ego), are EXACTLY what has been missing from the quest for high-end 1/6 Trek. That passion can be a double-edged sword at times from a customer perspective, but it also is what drives EXO into this "do or die" mindset that pushes through difficulties and setbacks that would cause just about every other manufacturer to cut their losses and run from the property.

As we all navigate the EXO equation to get the stuff we want, we (myself most definitely included) need to do a better job at times of focusing on the fact that without Nanjn Tam (for all of his rough edges), none of this Trek endeavor would have ever left the exploratory phase and none of us would have anything to show for it.

It may not show on a given day, but I am trying to adjust my perspective on NT to align with my own advice above. But I'm sure I'll fail here and there when "experts" get called out for the 1,000th time or so, but the good is worth the trying almost all the time!

IMG4940.jpeg

IMG4948.jpeg

Last edited:
His post is blowing up. 50+ comments so far. Here are some highlights
That last comment if I were just even considering the line? Yeah that would put me right off. He comes off like a class A hole and someone I'd like to punch right in the pechouli.

After some serious thought I think I'm alright passing on "Regula" Saavik and opt for the "regulaR". Had some points expiring but is the standard not available anymore? Thought this was a regular preorder?

Last edited:
Has anyone that ordered Locutus from a local distributor in Canada or the US received any word?
I preordered from Imagination Hobby & Collection in Montreal last September and have tried contacting them for an ETA, but they haven't responded to any facebook messages or emails. I'm just wondering if I should be worried or not, heh.

Has anyone that ordered Locutus from a local distributor in Canada or the US received any word?
I preordered from Imagination Hobby & Collection in Montreal last September and have tried contacting them for an ETA, but they haven't responded to any facebook messages or emails. I'm just wondering if I should be worried or not, heh.
You can give them a call during their store hours. The owner was pretty nice the last time I called with a question.

I’m also in Canada but I usually order from Exo 6 directly. Locutus arrived weeks ago.

Last edited:
I would be.

I’m in Ontario - my Locutus arrived just over a week ago from BBTS. I tried dealing with Imagination Hobby before and like you said, they don’t reply to emails.

You let the cat out of the bag that we’re in the exclusive club!

Since the secret is out, I guess I can share what special PO’s we’ve been graced with.

Impaled Picard:
1698877550255.jpeg

Resilient Picard (including the “There are FOUR lights” head sculpt:

1698876511871.png

1698876575015.jpeg

Average Joe (Corporate Underling) Picard:

1698876446291.jpeg

Formal Picard (with smiling head sculpt):

1698875139007.jpeg

Rebel Picard:

1698874901805.jpeg

Romulan Picard and Data 2-Pack (soup accessories included)

unification_part_i_hd_358.jpg

And…

Commander Hutchinson with battery operated small talk feature!

1698877235905.jpeg

I thought he cut a few corners on Lwaxana's wedding attire.

Yeah - but he did a great job on the Duras Sisters :naughty :naughty - AND on Leeta :naughty - those WIP shots are AMAZING!

(* sorry - had to get that off my chest *)​

I suppose we're lucky being "friends" with NT - and I'm sorry for all the "experts" . . . but you should have sucked-up like us.

Back