EXO-6 Star Trek "General Discussion" 1/6 Line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For those waiting for McCoy (like me) I guess the paint prototype has been misplaced. Bottom line, another delay

Yup, gonna be a while

I am going to make an extremely embarrassing announcement about TMP McCoy. I never thought this could happen.
We could not find our painted prototype. So we have to remake the missing items
😅

He will be released at the earliest possible time.
(This is like telling people I booped in my pants
🤣
)

The honesty (transparency) around TMP McCoy is commendable, not every company would be as upfront.

I'm wondering if it's actually true. I would never have thought this way if dude hadn't talked about "laying landmines" for those of us who don't tell him every single thing he does is great and perfect. I'm not saying it isn't true, but after some of the pettiness, I wouldn't be surprised if this story about misplacing the McCoy prototype and the "last minute change" in Odo's uniform colors from brown and khaki to brown and beige are a couple of those "landmines" and that Disco Bones might show up as a surprise in-stock order soon and that Odo's uniform will be brown and khaki after all. It's like an exercise in trust.

Latest update is that 97 figures have been prepped. I'm not sure how many have been released or showcased yet but Nanjin is talking releases every 2-3 months going forward.

Latest update is that 97 figures have been prepped. I'm not sure how many have been released or showcased yet but Nanjin is talking releases every 2-3 months going forward.
He’s said this so many times. How things are going to go warp speed and really fast. I wouldn’t say we’ve really gotten there yet. A decent amount of releases but nothing crazy.

He’s said this so many times. How things are going to go warp speed and really fast. I wouldn’t say we’ve really gotten there yet. A decent amount of releases but nothing crazy.
Yeah, I think the implication is that the uniform designs are done for the crew now that TWoK uniforms are ready. If the heads are ready for production (albeit most of them seem to have tweaks before final runs), then the delaying factor is how much fans can afford. Every 3 months would be 4 figures per year, which is quite a lot for the small number of collectors out there. That could be DS9, TNG, TOS, and a movie/SNW figure each year but given the number of characters that is about another 10 years to completion of crew - oof.

I suppose if that is padded with limited edition instant purchases for some of the iconic aliens, villains, or support characters plus maybe Xmas and anniversary specials, we could be at 6 figures per year.

Y

Pretty much everything on forums are announcements and opinions. You are just as entitled to your opinion as I am to mine. All I know is that he had an experience of how not to run a Star Trek line with QMX. So whatever he does will be different. I've only been collecting for 7 years but that's long enough to gather a vague understanding of the logistics. Tha smaller companies share factory resources. Delays are inevitable due to supply chains. Many figures get cancelled and it's annoying if it was a figure that you really wanted. Other lines do surface scrape of top tier characters. How many X-Men did Hot Toys produce and how many of them were Wolverine?

Sure, Najin could have seeded more TOS figures beyond Sulu and Spock but where to start and where to stop in an early run? Mirror Kirk? Mirror Uhura? TOS Chekov? TOS Uhura? For every figure he produces, someone will be saying he should have done a different character instead. Voyager fans are happy. You aren't happy for them?

You can believe public announcements or not. Some people think the world is flat in the face of far greater evidence to the contrary after all. If it's all hyperbole and the line goes extinct again, I've got five cool figures out of it so far. Better than none.

I suspect that when he gets around to TOS, he might start with Uhura. She's a much anticipated character that QMX didn't touch and her Mirror Mirror version wasn't all that different beyond the uniform so the deluxe edition could just have a spare uniform for her. Pure speculation though, so don't shout at me.
Nanjin just came out and finally admitted why he's been lying and dragging his feet on bones. He was feeling the pressure so he finally had to come clean lmao

Yeah that would be a nice idea, although there are probably gradations within that concept. Shran, Quark, and Locutus are all from different shows. Admiral Picard is too, while TMP kirk & Spock, Kruge, and Saavik are all TOS movie era. So it isn't that he's not staggering them, it's that he doesn't always start with top tier and that the TOS main crew are just a tease.
He's staggering them poorly. No tos or tng for years and making pointless figures like mirror versions and discovery

I've found Nanjin to be quite clear and relatively transparent about his approach with EXO-6 and what we, as collectors, should expect. His method of delivering his message can be cryptic and convoluted, which he even admits to, but the results always support what he promised. In the end Star Trek collectors seem to be very pleased with how things have rolled out from EXO-6.

He has been clear about projects like the next ST:TMP McCoy, Uhura, Pike, T'Pol, Picard, Riker, Worf, Laforge, O'Brien, various Captains and SNW - we've seen some of the con reveals and know these aren't just protos of potentially cancelled projects. What more can you ask? EXO-6 will deliver - unless they go bankrupt - but they do tend to ship very soon after orders go up, so we know there's certainty in whatever they promise. It will only be a short matter of time before they hit up the principal characters like original series Kirk, Spock, McCoy, Scotty, ST:TNG Picard and whomever else we're eagerly awaiting. All of these will of course be staggered against other 2nd and 3rd tier characters, in typical EXO-6 style, but so far that offbeat selective staggering has been met with reasonable satisfaction from collectors - i.e. Would anyone have put Quark so high up on the priority list of any and all possible Star Trek universe characters? And yet it did very well. This weird and bewildering model of Nanjin's has worked for the most part.

A couple of years ago I would have said differently and I'm not blindly endorsing the man today - I'd actually prefer he went about his communications and PR in a less maniacal (megalomaniacal) and dramatic way - but so far the company has delivered leaving collectors quite happy with the products and growing Star Trek collection. A collection of high-end 1:6 ST figures that has sadly been deprived of us for decades. I haven't heard of collectors being frustrated and jumping ship from the EXO-6 concept yet. Nanjin has been clear about what we're buying into with EXO-6 and how we should set aside our funds for what he has planned. It's going to be a journey now.
Then you haven't been looking or been paying attention

Whatever this means with release schedule

EXO-6 preseason ranking, Top 5 figures:

#1 TNG Data
#2 DS9 Sisko
#3 VOY Janeway
#4 TNG Locutus
#5 TWOK Saavik

#2 Sisko and #3 Janeway can be misleading because Janeway was released when not too many people know about us. Sisko had a different product strategy. He is the only figure which was produced with higher quantities. I want him to be in stock until we start warpping through DS9. The intention was to build the DS9 market. Without Sisko, then who would want the rest of DS9?

TNG Data performed as expected. Why I use "as expected" ? Simple, QMx Picard, and Locutus gave me a good enough insight of his demand.

The most surprising one to make it to the Top 5 ranking is Saavik the underdog. It will be very interesting to see how she match up with the coming Women Of Star Trek figures line up.

We will be entering the Regular Season within weeks. Regular Season is the continuous releases from different series.

We aren't jumping around in releases. Think of this as Trek vs Trek where each series releases on their own time table (every 2-3 months)

He's staggering them poorly. No tos or tng for years and making pointless figures like mirror versions and discovery
Well, he made Picard, Data, and Q. Plus, I'd hardly call Discovery pointless. Say what you want about it, we have it to thank for the current saturation of Trek the market has.

And yes, I bought both Saru and Burnham.

Pointless to whom exactly? Mirror Mirror is my all time favorite TOS episode and I LOVE Discovery…weird how some people strangely assume that their opinions are shared by everybody else in the world. :LOL:
Maybe you should get let CBS know how much better you would do with the Trek license, grab it and show us all how it can be done right.

So, if I understand this correctly, Exo-6 is not releasing a Star Trek figure every 2-3 months but a figure from each line (season) every 2-3 months?
A figure every 2-3 months alternating between each series seems more likely, so 4-6 figures per year, plus a few extras thrown in. It's not really in their interests to compete with themselves by forcing collectors to choose between series. If they break the link, less popular lines could wither and die.

He understands you can't please all of the people all of the time but I think he tunes out people who seem displeased all of the time. He seems to have been surprised by the success of Saavik though and this might persuade him to escalate TOS a bit. It's almost as if fans can catch more flies with honey... I think the TWok era is going to change things. Let's wait and see how.

Back