EXO-6 Star Trek "General Discussion" 1/6 Line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not Trek but Nanjin alluded to EXO-6 being a good fit for BSG. I wonder if there’s any plans for that down the line.
That would be amazing. Ronald D. Moore’s series is literal perfection.

What did he post exactly?

I know next to nothing about BSG to be honest. Just curious if EXO-6 has future plans that aren’t Trek.

Oh sorry - yeah - fair question.

I think BSG has quite the fanbase . . . I vaguely remember the original series from when I was a youngun, and REALLY enjoyed the 2004 revamp.

I'm just not interested in any figures from either series.

That would be amazing. Ronald D. Moore’s series is literal perfection.

What did he post exactly?
Loved BSG, EXO-6 is perfect for the OS or reboot. But our capacity might not be able to take up the risk involved when we are already in uphill battles with 1/6 Trek.

TOS and reboot BSG are one of those franchises that no 1/6 producers would dare to pick up. Just like 1/6 Trek, easy bankrupting opportunities.
Nothing concrete but also who knows?

Thanks for sharing @Mike86

It’s a nice thought and I’m sure many collectors would be interested including myself. EXO is going to have their hands full with Trek for the foreseeable future unless they create a separate division or something.

I'm a huge fan of nuBSG and am in the middle of a rewatch now, but honestly not sure how many figures I would want after Adama, Apollo, Starbuck and Six. And given they all wear the same uniform I'm not sure how exciting they'd really be to collect.

And yeah I'd be totally down for some Firefly figures too.

Just catching up on 3-4 weeks of posts to this thread (must have accidentally deleted a notification email along the way).

Based on the above, and the issues you doubtless solved, I've submitted my official request for you & the rest of the staff to sort out world peace, cure all known sickness, and confirm a new season of "Firefly".

I know you can't promise - but do what you can please.

And Enterprise Season 5, that’s an injustice that needs to be made right! (Glad that SOB Les Moonves got turfed).

Last edited:
I'm a huge fan of nuBSG and am in the middle of a rewatch now, but honestly not sure how many figures I would want after Adama, Apollo, Starbuck and Six. And given they all wear the same uniform I'm not sure how exciting they'd really be to collect.

And yeah I'd be totally down for some Firefly figures too.
I’d add Cain to that list and a Centurion.

1695863920232.jpeg

I would think if Nanjin/Exo-6 continued, there’s a good chance we’d see The Orville next. He already showed us the Mercer head prototype and he was actively pursuing it before covid hit from what I understand.

I think each new release should be 1 from each line. Instead of doing 5-6 Voyagers in a row, do 1 TOS, 1 TNG, 1 Voy, etc etc and cycle back around. Let each line grow together.
Keep in mind, by setting up EXO-6 Nanjin managed to secure what seems to be the entire Star Trek license (from CBS and Paramount) that broadly and deeply runs across every TV show and movie, from 55 years ago all the way to the current running shows today. He even seems to have been granted some freedom to choose which character figures EXO-6 will make. That's quite a staggering commitment. How many shows and movies have there been? I can't even count them in my head.
(If anyone can list the full number of Star Trek franchises we're looking at I'd love to see what that catalogue looks like.)

I remember a couple of years back Nanjin went on about the complex and fragile nature of how this specific license granting will work and how that agreement affects the order of figures he can release to maintain the license over the next few years. This isn't like Hot Toys getting the license for a current blockbuster Marvel film and releasing a few figures from it. This thing is bigger. Of course, at the time, none of Nanjin's ramblings made any sense beyond the emotional imperative he attributed to the whole drama. I don't know what he pulled here, but there's some complex and tricky contractual logic to it that likely goes well above our heads. Our only burden is to trust the system and roll with it.

Oddly, in recent years Star Trek has never been a successful license and I think most companies would have gambled their risk and merely secured a very myopic license for the original series or TNG, like QMX did, and ended there. It would be quite easy to bang out the core crew of 3 to 6 characters from each series and be done with it. Done deal and no more Star Trek figures beyond that for another decade or more. We're looking at something very different and unique here and while it's often frustrating to feel as if we're desperately waiting on high priority characters this is what we have in front of us. It is what it is, but that "it" promises to give us a wide breadth of Star Trek that no one else would have dared to try.

Look at the diverse range of figures EXO-6 has already delivered or put up for preorder - anyone would have guessed there'd ever be a Q, Seven, Quark, Kruge, Saavik, Georgiou, Pike or even Sisko and Archer gracing their shelves in this lifetime? Admittedly, some of these characters are an easy pass for me as I've decided to put my money towards the high priority characters, but it's impressive that they were made, collectors bought them and there has been some sense of satisfaction growing around the concept of a dream Star Trek universe happening in 1:6 scale.

It's a hard thing to really wrap around heads around, but maybe it's time to chill, get a bit Zen about it all and meditate on the thought of how big this license project is and what it may yield over the next few years. Ride this weird wave rather than fight it.

. . . Ride this weird wave rather than fight it.

Agree with all the above. A "net-new" company taking this on AND delivering is VERY admirable, and we're all grateful for the opportunities we now have.

As regards the sequence & frequency of pre-orders . . . based on this forum, most people are enjoying the ride, others just want to (understandably) occasionally whinge a bit - but it's all good - that's what the forum is here for - a good bit of banter & discussion.

Keep in mind, by setting up EXO-6 Nanjin managed to secure what seems to be the entire Star Trek license (from CBS and Paramount) that broadly and deeply runs across every TV show and movie, from 55 years ago all the way to the current running shows today. He even seems to have been granted some freedom to choose which character figures EXO-6 will make. That's quite a staggering commitment. How many shows and movies have there been? I can't even count them in my head.
(If anyone can list the full number of Star Trek franchises we're looking at I'd love to see what that catalogue looks like.)

I remember a couple of years back Nanjin went on about the complex and fragile nature of how this specific license granting will work and how that agreement affects the order of figures he can release to maintain the license over the next few years. This isn't like Hot Toys getting the license for a current blockbuster Marvel film and releasing a few figures from it. This thing is bigger. Of course, at the time, none of Nanjin's ramblings made any sense beyond the emotional imperative he attributed to the whole drama. I don't know what he pulled here, but there's some complex and tricky contractual logic to it that likely goes well above our heads. Our only burden is to trust the system and roll with it.

Oddly, in recent years Star Trek has never been a successful license and I think most companies would have gambled their risk and merely secured a very myopic license for the original series or TNG, like QMX did, and ended there. It would be quite easy to bang out the core crew of 3 to 6 characters from each series and be done with it. Done deal and no more Star Trek figures beyond that for another decade or more. We're looking at something very different and unique here and while it's often frustrating to feel as if we're desperately waiting on high priority characters this is what we have in front of us. It is what it is, but that "it" promises to give us a wide breadth of Star Trek that no one else would have dared to try.

Look at the diverse range of figures EXO-6 has already delivered or put up for preorder - anyone would have guessed there'd ever be a Q, Seven, Quark, Kruge, Saavik, Georgiou, Pike or even Sisko and Archer gracing their shelves in this lifetime? Admittedly, some of these characters are an easy pass for me as I've decided to put my money towards the high priority characters, but it's impressive that they were made, collectors bought them and there has been some sense of satisfaction growing around the concept of a dream Star Trek universe happening in 1:6 scale.

It's a hard thing to really wrap around heads around, but maybe it's time to chill, get a bit Zen about it all and meditate on the thought of how big this license project is and what it may yield over the next few years. Ride this weird wave rather than fight it.
Which is why I am baffled that so many people seem to want to dunk on the guy who made all of this happen because…Facebook…instead of celebrating what an amazing accomplishment this all is.

He’s done more for Star Trek collectibles than most anyone in the world. But he seems to take things very personally and has gotten into some unnecessary scraps with people.

People with that amount of passion and drive to push for what they want tend to be a little eccentric. And there’s also a bit of a language barrier. Some misunderstandings there.

I think it would’ve been best for his personal image if he had chosen a PR rep speak on his behalf a long time ago, but I get why he doesn’t.

Haven’t been here for some time due to the drama that inevitably happens with his figures. I get everyone has their favorite Trek and I think part of the problem is everyone want only their favorite Trek which is understandable. I think the other problem is some of the tease he started in the beginning was expected to generate interest but when it continues for years, this is where it becomes very frustrating. Just tell everyone when X figure will be out ( IE 2027 etc and move on) and everyone will be more than happy to wait. That is how the custom game work. You wait for delivery. Everyone Will absolutely understand and there will be no issues. Unless you just collect ST and nothing else, I just get whatever he ends up making that I would want. But just buying for the sake of buying because you hear the sales pitch “ X will sell out as soon as it is on preorder and you will never see them again. X sold within 5 hours compare to Y.” I think this is why many collectors just burn out.

Last edited:
Back