EXO-6 Star Trek "General Discussion" 1/6 Line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just out of curiosity here.. Why are non-humanoid species have improved face sculpts than the Homo Sapiens?

It’s due to that fact that you don’t have to pay a residual fee for likeness of the actor/actress face sculpt or just the alien sculpt are just whatever they feel like it and hope that it works out?

I think in general, alien likenesses are easier to pull off just because of how the mind works. Each species can recognize minor differences in the faces of their own, and aren't as sensitive to the same differences in other species. Your mind is very good at picking out the tiniest details of a human face and recognizing if something is slightly off, even if you're not fully conscious of what that is. But with an alien face, it's obscuring some of the natural features in favor of abstract shapes that the mind has no particular affinity for. And so some variance is not going to really stand out as much, even if it's just as wonky in likeness as another sculpt.
That's sort of how some forms of face blindness works, where their brain lacks that specialized same-species recognition and so they see all other people like you would cats of the same breed, harder to tell apart unless the differences are fairly obvious.

The level of detail helps too. There's heaps of sculptural detail goodness to explore in say, a Cardassian face, as opposed to ol' Bland-Face Tom Paris.

...No offense to Robert Duncan McNeill at all. He just has a very generic face. ;)

Even longer for those who bought into the FC line. Definitely a long hiatus considering VOY was basically back to back.

Pretty sure we were told in Vegas to expect TWOK Saavik "This month" and we're rapidly running out of this month. That said, things tend to drop from EXO on Thursdays.....perhaps there's hope!

Any minute now...
1693424749787.png

We need to revisit the "Mirror, Mirror" line. It has been way too long and having just MM Spock and MM Sulu makes not a good display.

I can allow myself to settle for MM Kirk and MM Uhura, if I had to. Please, Nanjin, bring us some news on these soon!
Preach it bro

Just for fun we should count how many EXO-6 figures have been released since…say…the Hot Toys Mighty Thor figure went up for presale last July with a promised (which they won’t meet) release date of March 2024…yep…I’d say EXO-6 is definitely moving at Warp Speed…and my Star Trek display loves it!

Back