EXO-6 Star Trek "General Discussion" 1/6 Line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The question is now: “With all those ideas that Nanjin has projected/forecast with the Trek line, will there be a least a few things that he will not possibly fulfill and depending on his capital budget for this project”?

Note: I’m actually giving you guys a slice of my Property Management background.

So, that would put nine (9) figure preorders in the first six months of that period and only two (2) in the last six months of that period. That would seem to be quite the slow down. I can understand why some would be disappointed. And one would wonder why, as we get further away from any pandemic impediment things would slow down rather than speed up. Especially with such a verve for “Warp Speed” by the Captain.
Ah, that's why I stay off Facebook, lol.
But if the posts and preview photos are to be believed, we will soon have Bashir, Odo, Kira, T'Pol, and TOS Pike up for preorder. Which I hope is the case, and that will make up for the lack of preorders for the first half of 2023.

I think we know who Nanjin's biggest followers on Facebook are now.
I probably would be just to keep up with any EXO-6 release news, but I don’t have a Facebook account nor do I plan to get one. I love coming to these threads because it’s the only way I get to see what EXO-6 posts on Facebook…so, wrong again I guess… :LOL:

So, I only discovered EXO a little over a year ago when they put the Locutus figure up for PO and teased a trio of Wrath of Khan figures. Are the WoK figures on the timeline yet or are they still just considered a future project with PO date unknown? SS has them listed as "Coming Soon" for a year now. Also, I could have sworn at the time I saw a photo that included a Khan figure - how likely is that to actually happen?

So, I only discovered EXO a little over a year ago when they put the Locutus figure up for PO and teased a trio of Wrath of Khan figures. Are the WoK figures on the timeline yet or are they still just considered a future project with PO date unknown? SS has them listed as "Coming Soon" for a year now. Also, I could have sworn at the time I saw a photo that included a Khan figure - how likely is that to actually happen?
Below is the image of Khan. I believe this was shown at one of the big conventions last year. As far as we know, Wrath of Khan figures are possibly to go up between now and the end of the year. A Savvik was also previewed a few months ago.
We are all waiting for Nanjin to start the heavy assault of preorders.
I think he said he was working from the States and flew back to be closer to production. Obviously, a lot of work is being done as we have over 2 dozen figures that look like they could go at any time.
We don’t know the reason or reasons for the lull in preorders but fingers crossed things pick up speed and we are getting those figures so near and dear to all of our hearts.
Especially Jadzia🥰

Attachments

• IMG_1105.jpeg
    IMG_1105.jpeg
    77.2 KB · Views: 0
This is warp speed. You may need to make difficult choices on other lines you collect. 😂

The reality is, so far you have to be a Voyager fan this year

Agreed the two latest Voyager figures- meh. He should mix it up more with different shows but seems bent on delivering Voyager complete first. Hope sales are strong on these and don't hurt interest. Lack of long promised TWOK figures and holding back TOS biggies seems odd.

Agreed the two latest Voyager figures- meh. He should mix it up more with different shows but seems bent on delivering Voyager complete first. Hope sales are strong on these and don't hurt interest. Lack of long promised TWOK figures and holding back TOS biggies seems odd.
I believe Nanjin has said that he believes lines have failed previously because they start with all of the popular characters first. We shall see how it goes. He is going balls deep into these lines regardless.

I believe Nanjin has said that he believes lines have failed previously because they start with all of the popular characters first. We shall see how it goes. He is going balls deep into these lines regardless.
So… I know this might be a little off topic. But, within the next five years I plan to develop and manufacture a line of 1/6 figures of the forty-six Presidents of the United States and their corresponding Vice Presidents. I will begin in the very near future with the 17th President of the United States Andrew Johnson, followed closely thereafter by the 30th President of the United States Calvin Coolidge. Coolidge’s Vice President Charles Dawes will be the third figure and Coolidge‘s successor Herbert Hoover will be next. Don’t worry I will get to Washington and Lincoln eventually. ——- apologies to my international friends, but I think you will get the point. 😉

So… I know this might be a little off topic. But, within the next five years I plan to develop and manufacture a line of 1/6 figures of the forty-six Presidents of the United States and their corresponding Vice Presidents. I will begin in the very near future with the 17th President of the United States Andrew Johnson, followed closely thereafter by the 30th President of the United States Calvin Coolidge. Coolidge’s Vice President Charles Dawes will be the third figure and Coolidge‘s successor Herbert Hoover will be next. Don’t worry I will get to Washington and Lincoln eventually. ——- apologies to my international friends, but I think you will get the point. 😉
Don't forget to throw in some random figures first too, like say President Garfield's Secretary of State and Nixon's Chief of Staff.

Don't forget to throw in some random figures first too, like say President Garfield's Secretary of State and Nixon's Chief of Staff.
Is limited edition Alexander Haig coming for select friends only?

I actually have no problem with him making select friends only figures. That kinda stuff is done all the time quietly. I just don't think he should be publicly advertising the fact. All that does is alienate those who aren't in the circle that want them. Why show off/talk about figures only to then say... "but you can't have one."?

To me it kind of feels like sticking to one line so hard feels like it could kill interest just as easily. Especially when the last couple VOY releases haven’t been the most thrilling (and I like both characters).

I feel like staggering things to mix things up month to month or whatever the schedule is could have been more interesting. Instead it’s like: hope you’re really into VOY because that’s going to be most of the first two years.

To me it kind of feels like sticking to one line so hard feels like it could kill interest just as easily. Especially when the last couple VOY releases haven’t been the most thrilling (and I like both characters).

I feel like staggering things to mix things up month to month or whatever the schedule is could have been more interesting. Instead it’s like: hope you’re really into VOY because that’s going to be most of the first two years.
Yeah the only prior template was QMX which also didn't work. Looks like there are standard crew templates, which should be quick to turn around and then your non-standard like Seven, Quark, Shran, and Locutus who require much more investment and prep. Plus the risk if you put too much pressure on customers' wallets at the same time, is that sales of your second and third tier characters suffer.

There are a lot of balls to keep in the air and no strategy would please everyone. I admire what he's achieved so far but like all Trek projects, we just have to hope the ball keeps bouncing long enough to get to our grail figures.

Especially Ja

Yeah the only prior template was QMX which also didn't work. Looks like there are standard crew templates, which should be quick to turn around and then your non-standard like Seven, Quark, Shran, and Locutus who require much more investment and prep. Plus the risk if you put too much pressure on customers' wallets at the same time, is that sales of your second and third tier characters suffer.

There are a lot of balls to keep in the air and no strategy would please everyone. I admire what he's achieved so far but like all Trek projects, we just have to hope the ball keeps bouncing long enough to get to our grail figures.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed on that. With the very surprising news that Prodigy has been cancelled (After being renewed) and is being yanked off of P+ entirely, I fear for the franchise in general at this point.

Let's just hope that the chaos on that side of things doesn't mean we'll be seeing a sudden drop on stuff from Exo6

Back