EXO-6 Star Trek "General Discussion" 1/6 Line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is also the "Mirror, Mirror" line which has come to a standstill with just Spock and Sulu being released.

We need at the very least a Kirk and Uhura or it will be a fail...*

* and Marlena! :lecture

There is also the "Mirror, Mirror" line which has come to a standstill with just Spock and Sulu being released.

Hopefully we'll get what we are hoping for (across all series).

He unquestionably has a passion, and enough business sense to achieve his goals.

I actually have faith in the fella - despite his flaky & disrespectful communication approach with customers.

He'll get there :pray:

I would be astonished if we don't get Uhura but she won't be on the cards until the TOS version is ready. Presumably they will both need a custom body.

So… I know this might be a little off topic. But, within the next five years I plan to develop and manufacture a line of 1/6 figures of the forty-six Presidents of the United States and their corresponding Vice Presidents. I will begin in the very near future with the 17th President of the United States Andrew Johnson, followed closely thereafter by the 30th President of the United States Calvin Coolidge. Coolidge’s Vice President Charles Dawes will be the third figure and Coolidge‘s successor Herbert Hoover will be next. Don’t worry I will get to Washington and Lincoln eventually. ——- apologies to my international friends, but I think you will get the point. 😉
Calvin Coolidge was Reagan’s personal favorite President and is important to my own College Fraternity because he is the only President who was actually a member…we revered him…Scott Bakula was in my fraternity too, so Captain Archer is also on board! Hoover is significant in his level of failure and his role in leading us into the Great Depression…Hoover paved the way to FDR. Johnson is always fascinating to historians based upon his role in Reconstruction and being the first President to be impeached…sounds like you will launch your line with a lot of interest from me and other fans of US Presidents…wow…good for you! Just like Nanjin did with Star Trek characters you’ve discovered that there is an audience out there for all of the Presidents and not just the obvious choices! :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
To me it kind of feels like sticking to one line so hard feels like it could kill interest just as easily. Especially when the last couple VOY releases haven’t been the most thrilling (and I like both characters).

I feel like staggering things to mix things up month to month or whatever the schedule is could have been more interesting. Instead it’s like: hope you’re really into VOY because that’s going to be most of the first two years.
Yeah I understand the appeal of wanting to get a crew finished up, but I'm not so sure VOY was the best choice for that. And I can definitely sense the interest dwindling a bit with all these secondary characters from a series that few Trek fans count as one of their favorites.

Yeah I understand the appeal of wanting to get a crew finished up, but I'm not so sure VOY was the best choice for that. And I can definitely sense the interest dwindling a bit with all these secondary characters from a series that few Trek fans count as one of their favorites.
Yeah, I think the strategy being used by EXO-6/Nanjin is a bit of a double edged sword honestly.

I understand the strategy of not going to characters everyone wants right away and the rest not selling, but at the same time how long do you make people wait for figures from their preferred series/movie before they lose interest?

That’s where I think staggering would have been a decent idea. Do a figure from VOY, then next month TOS/TNG/DS9/ENT, etc.

My two cents.....Janeway selling out in the first couple hours took him by surprise. He had to scramble to open up more orders to fill the demand, it showed that there was a strong Voyager fanbase, or at least a stronger interest in Voyager then he expected. This is why I think the Voyager crew is the first crew that will be finished. Well that and the relative ease of getting them done.

He's said time and again that each "line" has its own production lane, so rotating through one series each month was never on the table, and we've seen proof of this with the randomness of figures, and the teaser shots of various figures. However, "something" has slowed things down, be it the approval process, something in production, or something financial we just don't know and probably will never really know.

I thought that was what he was doing, and then the line just became Voyager for the past year.
It’s been inconsistent. There has been a staggering of figures but it’s been pretty random. Mirror Spock and Sulu from TOS. Judge Q and Locutus from TNG. TMP Kirk and Spock.

Also as an aside TMP McCoy was supposed to come out in April originally but got delayed and we haven’t heard anything about him since.

DS9 has Sisko out and Quark up for pre-order. ENT has Archer and then randomly Shran. It’s really an all over the place assortment.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed on that. With the very surprising news that Prodigy has been cancelled (After being renewed) and is being yanked off of P+ entirely, I fear for the franchise in general at this point.

Let's just hope that the chaos on that side of things doesn't mean we'll be seeing a sudden drop on stuff from Exo6
Nothing to fear, legacy Trek is as popular as ever, we saw that with Picard S3. I believe it remains one of their top earners in terms of repeating streams. While it wasn’t perfect and had some flaws, I think it signals an appetite to return to the previous formula that worked so well under Berman.

It’s the newer “Kurtzman Trek” that doesn’t have the ability to rally the collective fanbase and is rather hit or miss, mostly the latter IMO.

One thing I’ll say about Prodigy is that it was refreshing to see a youth-oriented series focus on delivering a quality story with interesting characters without all the nonsensical agenda pushing we see elsewhere.

Nothing to fear, legacy Trek is as popular as ever, we saw that with Picard S3. I believe it remains one of their top earners in terms of repeating streams. While it wasn’t perfect and had some flaws, I think it signals an appetite to return to the previous formula that worked so well under Berman.

It’s the newer “Kurtzman Trek” that doesn’t have the ability to rally the collective fanbase and is rather hit or miss, mostly the latter IMO.

One thing I’ll say about Prodigy is that it was refreshing to see a youth-oriented series focus on delivering a quality story with interesting characters without all the nonsensical agenda pushing we see elsewhere.
Uhm…you do realize that Picard Season 3 was “Kurtzmann Trek” right?

I honestly wish we had at least "one" regular crew member pre-order from TNG and TOS, accordingly.
Yeah, I think the strategy being used by EXO-6/Nanjin is a bit of a double edged sword honestly.

I understand the strategy of not going to characters everyone wants right away and the rest not selling, but at the same time how long do you make people wait for figures from their preferred series/movie before they lose interest?

That’s where I think staggering would have been a decent idea. Do a figure from VOY, then next month TOS/TNG/DS9/ENT, etc.

100%.

From the customer engagement perspective, that would certainly appease everyone and maintain universal interest. I would think it would be good financially as well but what do we know.

Uhm…you do realize that Picard Season 3 was “Kurtzmann Trek” right?
jal76, yes I do, you’ll note my “hit or miss” comment.

I also know that both previous seasons were received terribly and that Kurtzman had nothing to do with S3.

Matalas who was involved on Trek since DS9, was given free reign by Paramount on the series to course correct hence why the reception changed by the audience.

jal76, yes I do, you’ll note my “hit or miss” comment.

I also know that both previous seasons were received terribly and that Kurtzman had nothing to do with S3.

Matalas who was involved on Trek since DS9, was given free reign by Paramount on the series to course correct hence why the reception changed by the audience.
Less of allowed to course correct and more they didn't pay attention to what he was making. It was a similar situation when Ira Behr took over on DS9 and Manny Coto in the later seasons of Enterprise. The "people in charge" were distracted by other shows or didn't care anymore. This allowed creators to actually make good shows without interference.

Less of allowed to course correct and more they didn't pay attention to what he was making. It was a similar situation when Ira Behr took over on DS9 and Manny Coto in the later seasons of Enterprise. The "people in charge" were distracted by other shows or didn't care anymore. This allowed creators to actually make good shows without interference.
I think after those first two seasons they stopped caring and wrote it off. It’s makes all the difference when the showrunner has a genuine interest, knowledge and previous involvement in franchise.

I still haven’t watched the third season of Picard but I’ve heard it’s good. I’ll get to it eventually. I’m essentially going to act as though season three is a stand-alone season/wrap up to TNG.

My two cents.....Janeway selling out in the first couple hours took him by surprise. He had to scramble to open up more orders to fill the demand, it showed that there was a strong Voyager fanbase, or at least a stronger interest in Voyager then he expected. This is why I think the Voyager crew is the first crew that will be finished. Well that and the relative ease of getting them done.

He's said time and again that each "line" has its own production lane, so rotating through one series each month was never on the table, and we've seen proof of this with the randomness of figures, and the teaser shots of various figures. However, "something" has slowed things down, be it the approval process, something in production, or something financial we just don't know and probably will never really know.
I'm guessing some of these figures are just a lot more challenging to produce than Nanjin expected, especially if they don't involve a character in a Starfleet uniform.

I get the sense he really wanted to challenge himself and his team with stuff like Borg, Ferengi, and Cardassians, but didn't count on how much that might slow things down.

I'm guessing some of these figures are just a lot more challenging to produce than Nanjin expected, especially if they don't involve a character in a Starfleet uniform.

I get the sense he really wanted to challenge himself and his team with stuff like Borg, Ferengi, and Cardassians, but didn't count on how much that might slow things down.
Agreed. A normal human sculpt alone is difficut. Start throwing in ridges, weird teeth, and what not. Thats a whole new level.

There's plenty of Voyager fans, it isn't Discovery 😆

How many people are collecting full crews anyway? That is going to be a lot of figures per series and some of them really are a hit or miss.

Matalas never worked on DS9 in any capacity. He started out as Brannon Braga's assistant over on Voyager and then Enterprise, also writing two scripts.
And for what it's worth, he also made big executive decisions on the much-maligned season two of Picard.

Back