EXO-6 Star Trek "General Discussion" 1/6 Line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nanjin has also been teaming up with another company/companies to help produce some of the figures. Seven of Nine was one example, due to the special body. I can definitely see that continuing, especially with certain alien characters.

Nothing to fear, legacy Trek is as popular as ever, we saw that with Picard S3. I believe it remains one of their top earners in terms of repeating streams. While it wasn’t perfect and had some flaws, I think it signals an appetite to return to the previous formula that worked so well under Berman.

It’s the newer “Kurtzman Trek” that doesn’t have the ability to rally the collective fanbase and is rather hit or miss, mostly the latter IMO.

One thing I’ll say about Prodigy is that it was refreshing to see a youth-oriented series focus on delivering a quality story with interesting characters without all the nonsensical agenda pushing we see elsewhere.

Prodigy was wonderfully surprising with how good it was.
As for "Kurtzman Trek", regardless of your opinions on it Trek does better when there's active shows ongoing. I don't think Exo6 happens without Discovery et al putting Trek back on the map. So if it's all going away... well... that can't be good.

Less of allowed to course correct and more they didn't pay attention to what he was making. It was a similar situation when Ira Behr took over on DS9 and Manny Coto in the later seasons of Enterprise. The "people in charge" were distracted by other shows or didn't care anymore. This allowed creators to actually make good shows without interference.

That definitely happened with DS9. Promoting Sisko to captain, getting the Defiant, doing a war story, all happened because Paramount was hyper focused on Voyager and UPN. Unfortunately, with Enterprise there was enough acrimony between Berman and Les Monves that Monves just pulled the plug on Enterprise mostly out of spite.

Matalas never worked on DS9 in any capacity. He started out as Brannon Braga's assistant over on Voyager and then Enterprise, also writing two scripts.
And for what it's worth, he also made big executive decisions on the much-maligned season two of Picard.

Matalas did make a lot of big decisions for Picard season two. but he clearly had a Much stronger creative influence in season 3 from the start. The fact that they basically swept season 2 under the rug and then stomped on that rug is indicative of that.

Nothing to fear, legacy Trek is as popular as ever, we saw that with Picard S3. I believe it remains one of their top earners in terms of repeating streams. While it wasn’t perfect and had some flaws, I think it signals an appetite to return to the previous formula that worked so well under Berman.

It’s the newer “Kurtzman Trek” that doesn’t have the ability to rally the collective fanbase and is rather hit or miss, mostly the latter IMO.

One thing I’ll say about Prodigy is that it was refreshing to see a youth-oriented series focus on delivering a quality story with interesting characters without all the nonsensical agenda pushing we see elsewhere.
In many circles, that I've seen anyway, P3 is seen more as an anomaly and not indicative of Trek proper. I get the sense that Disco has had disastrous effects for Trek's image. Other people's mileage may vary.

I'm sure Kurtzman was just as involved with S3 as with every other season, he just deferred to the different direction and style Matalas wanted to take the show in. And he's just as involved in SNW as well, which most fans seem to really like.

jal76, yes I do, you’ll note my “hit or miss” comment.

I also know that both previous seasons were received terribly and that Kurtzman had nothing to do with S3.

Matalas who was involved on Trek since DS9, was given free reign by Paramount on the series to course correct hence why the reception changed by the audience.
That is actually incorrect…Kurtzman had the same role on all 3 seasons of Picard which is Executive Producer and overseeing the entire franchise. Matalas was showrunner of season 2 as well as season 3 reporting up to Kurtzman. Matalas wasn’t given “free-reign” by Paramount, he was simply the sole showrunner reporting to Kurtzman as he had done for the previous season. What you shared sounds fun, but it’s fiction.

That is actually incorrect…Kurtzman had the same role on all 3 seasons of Picard which is Executive Producer and overseeing the entire franchise. Matalas was showrunner of season 2 as well as season 3 reporting up to Kurtzman. Matalas wasn’t given “free-reign” by Paramount, he was simply the sole showrunner reporting to Kurtzman as he had done for the previous season. What you shared sounds fun, but it’s fiction.
Well clearly something happened, because the show went from taking a dump all over beloved Legacy characters, to being very much appreciated by the fan base. The tone completely turned a corner, and the Legacy characters were suddenly popular and important to the show again. Whatever roll Kurtzman had before, Matalas clearly had a bigger role in that last season. More of that, please.

Kurtzman was overseeing another show at the time of Picard seeing 3 being made. He was more hands off then he was in the previous Trek shows.

Matalas and Akiva Goldsman were co showrunners on Picard Season 2. Matalas wasn't in full control. Picard Season 3 Matalas ran the whole thing and was able to do what he wanted.

Yes Matalas still reported to people, but, they all really didn't care what was happening because it was the final season.

As usual, weirdos online think that any star trek they dont like was personally written and directed by Alex Kurtzman, and anything they do like was done completely without his involvement, possibly even against his wishes! Funny that his role and job title haven't changed at all.
But it's more fun to have a boogeyman to complain about than it is to discuss the nuances of these creative endeavors and all the factors that feed into the final product.

Nanjin has also been teaming up with another company/companies to help produce some of the figures. Seven of Nine was one example, due to the special body. I can definitely see that continuing, especially with certain alien characters.
That's true. For Harry Kim, they worked with Play-Doh :monkey3

As usual, weirdos online think that any star trek they dont like was personally written and directed by Alex Kurtzman, and anything they do like was done completely without his involvement, possibly even against his wishes! Funny that his role and job title haven't changed at all.
But it's more fun to have a boogeyman to complain about than it is to discuss the nuances of these creative endeavors and all the factors that feed into the final product.

Similar thing happens with Kathleen Kennedy expect much more vitriolic

Not sure if that was directed at me, but I never said I didn't like any of the Kurtzman Trek, if you look at my previous posts I've said on several occasions that I liked all the new Trek shows.

I was just relaying information from different interviews I've read/watched that indicated Matalas had more free reign to do what he wanted in Picard Season 3 because Kurtzman and others were busy doing other things or didn't care because it was the final season of the show.

If you have a different opinion that's fine, but there is no need to name call people who have different opinions from yours.

Here we go again

Stardate: 41153.7 - 47988 will be awesome.

If your Trek includes before SD 41153.7 and beyond SD 47988, then you need to prepare for some serious difficult decisions that you need to make for the next 2 years.

"Course laid in, Sir!"

Collect the figures that can bring you the best smiles

I have no choice. Trek sales can never support a healthy production facilities. All Trek must be done before that day or the day I leave EXO-6.
Is This a Pigeon 0331.jpg

I do sometimes find myself wondering if he spoke to his partners at QMx like that.

That . . . on a daily basis . . . would do my head in.

Even allowing for English not being his primary language, he does tend to come over as a little "unusual". But then I guess that's true for a lot of artistic types.

Still - "engage" Mr Tam, and "make it so" (oh gor' blimey guvna - it's contagious!)

Where's the love for us middle Floridians? lol
Or north Floridians?

Thanks to everyone for sharing all the pictures and reviews. I have had to restrain and pass on almost all of VOY because I do not want to miss out being able to get TOS, movies, TNG. . . I am going to run out of room and funds by the end.

Last edited:
Not sure if that was directed at me, but I never said I didn't like any of the Kurtzman Trek, if you look at my previous posts I've said on several occasions that I liked all the new Trek shows.

I was just relaying information from different interviews I've read/watched that indicated Matalas had more free reign to do what he wanted in Picard Season 3 because Kurtzman and others were busy doing other things or didn't care because it was the final season of the show.

If you have a different opinion that's fine, but there is no need to name call people who have different opinions from yours.
if you didn't say anything like that then why do you think it's about you

if you didn't say anything like that then why do you think it's about you
Because it was directly under my quote and I was saying why Matalas had more free rein cause Kurtzman was concentrating on another project.

Because it was directly under my quote and I was saying why Matalas had more free rein cause Kurtzman was concentrating on another project.
Which project? How do you know that it wasn’t Kurtzman’s idea to focus on the legacy characters in Season 3? How do you know Kurtzman wasn’t able to “concentrate on another project” and still guide season 3 of Picard? You don’t…because you’re making stuff up.

Which project? How do you know that it wasn’t Kurtzman’s idea to focus on the legacy characters in Season 3? How do you know Kurtzman wasn’t able to “concentrate on another project” and still guide season 3 of Picard? You don’t…because you’re making stuff up.
I’ve read and watched the interviews Matalas has done. He approached them with the idea of sending the crew off in a proper fashion.

Kurtzman was working on the Man Who Fell to Earth, a project he has been wanting to do for a long while, when Picard was also being worked on.

Perhaps tone down your “you’re making things up” and ask politely next time.

Like the online weirdos who try and turn a civil discussion around a television show into a poorly attempted degradation of fellow forum members. Bizarre indeed.

I’ve read and watched the interviews Matalas has done. He approached them with the idea of sending the crew off in a proper fashion.

Kurtzman was working on the Man Who Fell to Earth, a project he has been wanting to do for a long while, when Picard was also being worked on.

Perhaps tone down your “you’re making things up” and ask politely next time.
Good summation as always Kebron.

Back