EXO-6 Star Trek "General Discussion" 1/6 Line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OneSixthKit do installments?
Sure. Just hit Kit up with an email (reply to that receipt of sorts email you get from the site when you PO an item) and ask him for a PayPal invoice. Sometimes I give 15$, sometimes 30$, sometimes a month goes by and I pay nothing for that particular order. With how expensive these figures are (generally speaking for 1/6th), this system and the longish wait times really help me.

I think they’re heading for a potential TOS reboot if any sort of spinoff is in the cards. They have Kirk, Spock, Uhura, potentially Scotty. There’s no where else for the series to go as we know what happens to Pike already.

I stopped with STW after 2 episodes because the plots were awful and I could NOT adapt to the terrible actress playing Uhura.

I'm getting the impression it may have got better?

I stopped with STW after 2 episodes because the plots were awful and I could NOT adapt to the terrible actress playing Uhura.

I'm getting the impression it may have got better?

I’m five episodes in, the show is leaps and bounds a massive improvement to Discovery which I loath. It’s a step in the right direction in terms of post-Berman Trek and they’re at least trying to emulate the story telling format that we’re more accustomed to.

I would give it a longer go, episode 4 was the most entertaining so far. Uhura in this time is a much younger version of herself so I get the “greenness” in the acting, but I think Ethan Peck (Spock) and Anson Mount (Pike) make up for it and the rest of the cast is at least interesting (Dr. M’Benga, Nurse Chapel, Hemmer, etc), the characters in Discovery are so forgettable IMO.

I’m five episodes in, the show is leaps and bounds a massive improvement to Discovery which I loath. It’s a step in the right direction in terms of post-Berman Trek and they’re at least trying to emulate the story telling format that we’re more accustomed to.

I would give it a longer go, episode 4 was the most entertaining so far. Uhura in this time is a much younger version of herself so I get the “greenness” in the acting, but I think Ethan Peck (Spock) and Anson Mount (Pike) make up for it and the rest of the cast is at least interesting (Dr. M’Benga, Nurse Chapel, Hemmer, etc), the characters in Discovery are so forgettable IMO.

Let's be honest - it couldn't be WORSE than "Discovery" :) (apologies to those of you that like that show).

K - I'll maybe try another couple of episodes, but if the new Uhura irritates me as much as she did in the first 2 episodes (terrible, terrible casting choice), I may not make it to the end.

BTW - I agree about Anson Mount - SUPERB actor, great presence, and perfectly cast.

Let's be honest - it couldn't be WORSE than "Discovery" :) (apologies to those of you that like that show).

K - I'll maybe try another couple of episodes, but if the new Uhura irritates me as much as she did in the first 2 episodes (terrible, terrible casting choice), I may not make it to the end.

BTW - I agree about Anson Mount - SUPERB actor, great presence, and perfectly cast.

I hear you, IMO Jason Isaacs carried the first season and Anson Mount the rest, then I cut it loose.

He’s pretty good in “Hell on Wheels” and Colm Meaney is in it as well, great combo.

Heads up, episode 8 is a stinker. I could not finish that episode. More power to you if you can sit through that writing.

SNW is okay. I only watched three episodes and stopped. Not that I didn’t enjoy it but it didn’t captivate me enough to keep on. Maybe I’ll get back to it again at some point.

Anybody else notice that one episode where they just completely dropped the last name Singh for La'an and only referred to her as "La'an" or "Lieutenant Noonien," and then started using it again in the very next episode? What the hell was that?

I don’t dislike this young lady as an actress. I don’t think she is a poor actress. She just doesn’t quite convincingly translate the character that Nichelle Nichols created. She does SING very well in one of the later episodes and I think may have been cast for her singing voice which Nichols as Uhura did a few times in TOS. The other caryover character Nurse Chapel is completely wrongly designed and portrayed. I know it’s difficult to translate a prequel to a 1960s sci-fi series with the availability of modern day technology—- but I still find the design of the costumes and sets a bit disturbing.

Anybody else notice that one episode where they just completely dropped the last name Singh for La'an and only referred to her as "La'an" or "Lieutenant Noonien," and then started using it again in the very next episode? What the hell was that?
Different episode writers not giving a hoot and reading what came before?

I'm enjoying SNW but can't say I'm truly loving it like so many others seem to be. The cast is great but the storytelling reminds me too much of the days of Voyager and Enterprise with the simplistic adventures-of-the-week that don't really seem to have a deeper point or message to them. And plus it can be hard at times to take the threats seriously with all the nonstop banter and Pike's cavalier attitude about everything.

I've said it before, but I actually found the first two seasons of DSC far more compelling, as it wasn't afraid to take risks and change canon and have unlikable characters. SNW feels way too safe and family-friendly in comparison.

Different episode writers not giving a hoot and reading what came before?
Her name was edited in the previously. It was purposeful - like they were trying to go somewhere with it and then immediately gave up. You could be right though, but that would mean a writers room so careless they would do something ludicrous like base an entire episode on the premise of "what would happen if Pike had never been injured?" but forget that he had already been promoted to admiral and relinquished command of the Enterprise by the time it happened.

Last edited:
Just wanted to continue the veer off-topic . . . as I wanted to thank those of you above that encouraged me to give this another chance. S01E03 was better than the 1st 2 episodes, and LOVED E04 even though I didn't get to see THEIR version of the (* ahem *) beasties.

However, to bring it back on topic, I'm now looking forward even more to the figure of said alien, and may now pick up the SNW version of Pike. Love that fella (and all the other characters are growing on me too).

Just wanted to continue the veer off-topic . . . as I wanted to thank those of you above that encouraged me to give this another chance. S01E03 was better than the 1st 2 episodes, and LOVED E04 even though I didn't get to see THEIR version of the (* ahem *) beasties.

However, to bring it back on topic, I'm now looking forward even more to the figure of said alien, and may now pick up the SNW version of Pike. Love that fella (and all the other characters are growing on me too).

Skip Ep08 The Elysian Kingdom. Wish I had. 9&10 are good though.

I'm enjoying SNW but can't say I'm truly loving it like so many others seem to be. The cast is great but the storytelling reminds me too much of the days of Voyager and Enterprise with the simplistic adventures-of-the-week that don't really seem to have a deeper point or message to them. And plus it can be hard at times to take the threats seriously with all the nonstop banter and Pike's cavalier attitude about everything.

I've said it before, but I actually found the first two seasons of DSC far more compelling, as it wasn't afraid to take risks and change canon and have unlikable characters. SNW feels way too safe and family-friendly in comparison.
Funny, I like it for the same reasons you don't. DSC is tiring with every moment being universe-changing and intense. Oh, and every intense universe-changing moment centered around this one ship and mostly one person. It's unrealistic. Plus, as a father of young kids that I would love to watch Trek with - family-friendly is a positive thing. Good thing we both can be satisfied with all the recent Trek offerings!

Back