EXO-6 Star Trek "General Discussion" 1/6 Line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’m not exactly au fait with how the legalities work with this kind of stuff. But surely when Exo-6 took on the license they were given the rights to TOS / TNG ? Or is this something held over from QMX?

I’m not exactly au fait with how the legalities work with this kind of stuff. But surely when Exo-6 took on the license they were given the rights to TOS / TNG ? Or is this something held over from QMX?
If so it’s quite interesting that this is the first we are hearing of it.
So how far into the “Five Year Mission“ are we.

I find it curious that no Shatner/Kirks have been released thus far. There are soooo many uniforms he could be released in aside from the standard TOS. The green wrap, TOS dress uniform, Mirror, TMP, the “Red Monster” and then some.
Some folks bring up “Actors/Image approval” rights. Nanjin owns the license for 1/6 Trek. Can Shatner hold him hostage for five years ?

I find it curious that no Shatner/Kirks have been released thus far. There are soooo many uniforms he could be released in aside from the standard TOS. The green wrap, TOS dress uniform, Mirror, TMP, the “Red Monster” and then some.
Some folks bring up “Actors/Image approval” rights. Nanjin owns the license for 1/6 Trek. Can Shatner hold him hostage for five years ?
The TMP Kirk is apparently going up for preorder sometime in October.

Well technically I think he’s said that the reason for not doing TOS and TNG right away is because QMX ruined the market.

Though really that explanation doesn’t make as much sense to me in regards to TNG since only Picard was released by QMX.

Last edited:
These latest FB pics of nanjin's have me thinking Tarantino should have directed a Trek movie after all...

309357302_3333707150209001_7451664613419586223_n.jpg
These look cool, I remember this episode.

Well technically I think he’s said that the reason for not doing TOS and TNG right away is because QMX ruined the market.

Though really that explanation doesn’t make as much sense to me in regards to TNG since only Picard was released by QMX.
This is what I need an ELI5 on. How exactly did QMX ruin the market?

I feel like he's saying if he released Chekov and Uhura all the people that had a complete QMX TOS bridge crew would stop buying EXO-6 TOS, which, if true, and I don't believe it is, how big is the market anyway?

Or he's saying if he started releasing EXO-6 TOS bridge crew all the folks that had QMX bridge crew would be upset, which, if true, and I don't believe it is, how big is the market anyway?

None of the above makes sense to me. Only QMX throwing a hissy and preventing production of lines they started or EXO-6 not wanting to release the most popular shows bridge crews for fear of wanning interest after their completion make any sense to me here.

Last edited:
I think Nanjin has just heard so many people asking for a Checkov and Uhura to "complete their TOS line" that he assumed there wouldn't be enough interest in new versions of Kirk, Spock, etc. But I think he's probably overreacting a bit there.

I think Nanjin has just heard so many people asking for a Checkov and Uhura to "complete their TOS line" that he assumed there wouldn't be enough interest in new versions of Kirk, Spock, etc. But I think he's probably overreacting a bit there.

I don't understand the "conditions/limitations" of Nanjin's licence (MAYBE limited to 5 years then needs to be renegotiated?), but if he runs out of time and DOESN'T produce the main TOS characters, then I'm not going to be a happy little badger . . . and I won't be on my own!

And at the risk of crossing sub-franchise boundaries . . . "engage", "make it so" . . . whatever it takes (please) :)

We've already seen TOS Spock in set/screen uniforms and teases for green wraparound Kirk and Uhura, so I'm not worried at all about them being made.

Plus he just announced on FB something about a big new investor, which should increase the output even more.

IF … the problem is QMX figs in standard TOS and TNG uniforms there are many other variations. As I mentioned above to make different figures of the same characters/actors. EVEN Mirror. Apparently Nimoy and Takei images weren’t an issue, neither from the actor’s ( in Taekei’s case anyway) approval or repeating a QMX produced character I. A different uniform. So I question if Shatner isn’t holding things up.
But apparently an awful lot of bumps, roadblocks, sharp turns, empty gas tanks etc for a 5 year mission.

The TNG issue was the neck staining and the release numbers by Qmx. At least that's certainly what he's alluded to in the past. I somewhat doubt there are "new" issues other than trying to figure out a saturated market with grumpy collectors. He's always said they have the contract rights for TOS and TNG.

The TNG issue was the neck staining and the release numbers by Qmx. At least that's certainly what he's alluded to in the past. I somewhat doubt there are "new" issues other than trying to figure out a saturated market with grumpy collectors. He's always said they have the contract rights for TOS and TNG.

I just don't get the "saturated market" thing - I mean - if you're a fan and want the best - these EXO-6 figures are the very best.

Best likenesses, best costuming, best packing, best QC . . . what's not to like?

And I'd imagine that most of us are not 20-year-olds with limited income.

I didn't stop buying Predator-related collectibles when I had 1 of each character :dunno

Well, I don't necessarily disagree with you from a personal perspective but I have definately seen posts from people saying they aren't buying another x, y, or z and also, for instance, saying I only want Uhura and Chekov to  complete a crew, despite the fact that it seems like the QMx and EXO TOS figures aren't going to color match perfectly well (my speculation based on set accurate being different and also screen accuarate is in the eye of the beholder).

I just don't get the "saturated market" thing - I mean - if you're a fan and want the best - these EXO-6 figures are the very best.

Best likenesses, best costuming, best packing, best QC . . . what's not to like?

And I'd imagine that most of us are not 20-year-olds with limited income.

I didn't stop buying Predator-related collectibles when I had 1 of each character :dunno

I hope I don’t have to settle for this…
1664572662694.jpeg

I’m all in for exo-6 TNG! :rock

I just took a look on eBay for QMX Star Trek figures. I could not find many Kirk and Spock figures, just a few at very high prices, no McCoy, no Scotty and no Sulu. There was one Khan. When we do get a Kirk from EXO-6 I wonder if he would come with gold command top, green top and dress uniform or would they each be an individual release, same Spock ie with normal blue top plus dress uniform, Bones with normal blue top, dress uniform and medical top, Scotty with normal red top and dress uniform. I would think something like an Original Series Romulan would sell well, either a soldier with gold helmet or the male and female commanders, or all three!

Back