EXO-6 Star Trek "General Discussion" 1/6 Line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So this is the last Wednesday in September. Still no release announcement on TMP figs.
Well there is one more Friday in September.

Side note, but I’m wondering what ever happened with the Borg Queen statue. I thought we were going to get it way back when but so far we haven’t even seen a prototype that I remember.

Also seeing as how we can’t get any TOS or TNG main crew figures for time being I’m wondering who else we’ll get in the meantime.

Will the Mirror characters continue for TOS? More villains for TNG (since we’ve gotten Q and are getting Locutus)?

Side note, but I’m wondering what ever happened with the Borg Queen statue. I thought we were going to get it way back when but so far we haven’t even seen a prototype that I remember.

Also seeing as how we can’t get any TOS or TNG main crew figures for time being I’m wondering who else we’ll get in the meantime.

Will the Mirror characters continue for TOS? More villains for TNG (since we’ve gotten Q and are getting Locutus)?
IKR! I was (and still an) super amped up for the Borg Queen! Just gotta keep believing she’ll be on preorder soon

I'm betting it's a contract issue. Like how Hasbro has exclusive rights in the US to produce Star Wars action figures for a set time.

But if CBS/whoever the rights owners are issued Exo-6 an agreement, you would think they would have known about the one to QMX as well...
It's probably just what he's been saying all along about how QMX "destroyed the market" by producing the figures first. I don't think there's any contract issue.

If the Borg Queen was a vinyl statue with moveable arms and head, that would work for me. A removable upper torso would be a fantastic bonus. Let's see what Nanjin can do with the resources he has available to him.

It's probably just what he's been saying all along about how QMX "destroyed the market" by producing the figures first. I don't think there's any contract issue.
Maybe, but the exo-6 product is vastly superior and it’s an opportunity to get the entire crew this go around vs. select pieces.

A contract issue would actually make sense to me. Whatever else Nanjin may or may not be alluding to doesn't make any. If it does, I need an ELI5 on the subject. lol

These latest FB pics of nanjin's have me thinking Tarantino should have directed a Trek movie after all...

309357302_3333707150209001_7451664613419586223_n.jpg

"Can't release any TOS or TNG maincrew" is hard to understand - exo6 already has released Picard, Data, Spock, Sulu.
The only thing that I can think of is that those were not "original TOS/TNG crew" figures. Data and Picard were from the "First Contact" film and Spock and Sulu were "Mirror, Mirror" derivatives, not main crew figures, per se.

"Can't release any TOS or TNG maincrew" is hard to understand - exo6 already has released Picard, Data, Spock, Sulu.
Not too hard to understand... The Picard and Data were from First Contact and technically not TNG so it seems they have the FC rights but not the TNG rights just yet... It's OK by me as it will give my wallet a rest. I'm buying all Voyager and DS9 right now...

The only thing that I can think of is that those were not "original TOS/TNG crew" figures. Data and Picard were from the "First Contact" film and Spock and Sulu were "Mirror, Mirror" derivatives, not main crew figures, per se.
I’m thinking that’s it. There probably was a loophole that allows EXO-6 to make either variant versions like Mirror Spock and Sulu or versions that are movie specific instead of related to a show.

It kind of makes sense when you think about it in terms of the releases we’ve gotten. They’ve seemed kind of random aside from the VOY characters who we seemingly are in the process of getting a full crew of.

Not that I appreciate the figures we’ve received any less, but they’ve been a bit of a hodgepodge grouping or not exactly what we would think of as our first choices.”

Last edited:
Back