EXO-6 Star Trek "General Discussion" 1/6 Line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reminds me of when they charge £5 for a medium popcorn at the cinema and £5.50 for a large. The large is the only size they intend to sell. The medium is a decoy set at a price point designed to help you justify paying the extra for the large.

Becoming a real company now, eh.
Lame. What’s wrong with offering a lower priced option for the many fans who have no use for and will never use those extra accessories ?

Reminds me of when they charge £5 for a medium popcorn at the cinema and £5.50 for a large. The large is the only size they intend to sell. The medium is a decoy set at a price point designed to help you justify paying the extra for the large.

6JvM.gif

Lame. What’s wrong with offering a lower priced option for the many fans who have no use for and will never use those extra accessories ?
I couldn't afford Mego. I remember that.

Some like VOY and want some more captains. They don't have to spend extra on collecting additional captains and use thr money saved for something else.

Money saved from 5 EX can buy the 6th EX.

There's very little reason why anyone who wants these shouldn't be able to get them. I am not even a fan of DS9. Yet I got the email from EXO-6 (I am only a vintage Trek fan or TOS, so I didn't order) and had plenty of opportunity to get Sisko. While at work. With cell phones in every pocket, most of which have access to internet, they can be had. I think everyone who wants these will get them.

Eh. The EX price and accessory options for Sisko are basically in line with the previous figures like Janeway and EMH so I’m not sure that’s quite a fair comparison.

Eh. The EX price and accessory options for Sisko are basically in line with the previous figures like Janeway and EMH so I’m not sure that’s quite a fair comparison.
Inflation, check out other companies and see if they have increased their pricing. Shipping cost has increased by 15-30%

Weak dollar means we have to pay more to have things done in China, and earn less from receiving USD when making sales.

If we go back in time to 5 years, exo-6 figures should he 10-15% cheaper.

Shipping cost has increased by 15-30%
I expect that % to go even higher.

I for one appreciate the options of SX vs EX. I opted for the higher cost on this one but with limited funds and rising costs I expect any other DS9 or VOY figure will be slimmed down ones. Have to prioritize Movies, TOS & TNG but with the different tiers I might be able to squeeze out a few more from the other series or swing any dio pieces. Captain chairs are a must.

You could make your own figures. Cheaper to make your own popcorn at home, yet I doubt that applies to 1/6th figures. :lol

With the USD starting to lose its place as the petrodollar, wild government spending causing hyper inflation and all the other crap they can do to devalue the dollar, I am sure Hot Toys will soon cost $300-$350 for a regular release.
It is either amazing or just a high sense of honesty and morality that Nanjin can keep the cost as low as he has. I imagine both.

Last edited:
I expect that % to go even higher.

I for one appreciate the options of SX vs EX. I opted for the higher cost on this one but with limited funds and rising costs I expect any other DS9 or VOY figure will be slimmed down ones. Have to prioritize Movies, TOS & TNG but with the different tiers I might be able to squeeze out a few more from the other series or swing any dio pieces. Captain chairs are a must.
Merely provide additional options in collecting 1/6 Star Trek. Not everyone wants a fascinating Spock extra head since they will never display it. Why pay extra for an away jacket when you only display the standard uniforms? A screaming Kirk head will not look like the handsome Kirk regular head then why pay for it?

Options to choose. Lots of things can do without and use the money saved for another Captain or another Mirror release, or a EXO iii hot mama.

Even if 1/6 Trek can bankrupt you like the Wars clan, bankruptcy by 1/6 Trek gives you dignity tbat you have something that might not exist anymore, and a lot more figures than the Wars clan.

Last edited:
So on a different note, which captains do we expect to get chairs made for? Assuming the figures sell well enough first, of course. I would actually like to get two of those figures so I could have one displayed standing and one sitting in the chair.

Amazing. I swear, some people are NEVER happy
Okay, wow. First post here and I'm *never* happy. I was happy with the figures I've bought so far. I'm criticising what is an obvious marketing ploy to disguise price increases.

Thing is it's not lower priced is it? It's at a similar price point to the previous standard figures. The naming of the more expensive figure as "standard" and not "deluxe" is calculated, not arbitrary.

Super lame communist ideology.

Behave yourself.

Jesus complaining about having choices now!? What next?
Just be damn happy we are getting Trek figures

Oh please, we're not *getting* anything, we're being sold a product.

The fanboy is obviously strong on this forum so I'll leave you to your circle jerk. Ask yourselves why you need to vehemently defend some company that someone else criticised. They're providing a product and you and I are expected to part with money for that product. They're not your bros, they don't have your back, they want your money. Reassess that blind loyalty because it'll never be returned.

So on a different note, which captains do we expect to get chairs made for? Assuming the figures sell well enough first, of course. I would actually like to get two of those figures so I could have one displayed standing and one sitting in the chair.
The one’s in charge of the ships 👍🏻

Lol, you got me. Seriously though, Nanjin has already said he’s unsure of doing a Voyager chair because of the design. Plus there are a few Trek shows that I haven’t seen that much of yet so genuinely curious 🤷🏻‍♂️.

I would only expect TNG. It will probably depend on the success of the first contact/TMP/TWOK chairs. I would like one from Enterprise.

Okay, wow. First post here and I'm *never* happy. I was happy with the figures I've bought so far. I'm criticising what is an obvious marketing ploy to disguise price increases.

Thing is it's not lower priced is it? It's at a similar price point to the previous standard figures. The naming of the more expensive figure as "standard" and not "deluxe" is calculated, not arbitrary.

Behave yourself.

Oh please, we're not *getting* anything, we're being sold a product.

The fanboy is obviously strong on this forum so I'll leave you to your circle jerk. Ask yourselves why you need to vehemently defend some company that someone else criticised. They're providing a product and you and I are expected to part with money for that product. They're not your bros, they don't have your back, they want your money. Reassess that blind loyalty because it'll never be returned.
Go look at Hot Toys with their lack of communication and everyone complaining about prices. Regular figure is now at $285. Go to the supermarket or the gas station. Inflation is for real.

You can get $30 Marvel Legends figures or Funkos at a smaller price points. Same with SW. Nothing like that for Trek. Amazing opportunity to have a chance at 1/6 Trek. Reasonable prices in a tough market.

Sounds like you would be better off not buying any figures so that you will never be disappointed.

Back