EXO-6 Star Trek "General Discussion" 1/6 Line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is certainly appreciated, but I'm not totally following your logic because you could easily release your own a bridge crew Uhura and Chekov it would have absolutely no impact whatsoever on those who purchased QMx TOS.

But I do understand and appreciate you wanting to put your own stamp on the TOS, and so far the figures from that line shown are great even if a bit obscure to the more casual Trek fan (e.g. The Cage).

But if getting the ball rolling on the bridge crew involves hurting some QMx TOS owners feelings, allow me to give you the permission of at least one such person. ;)
No impact on those who have QMx TOS. What about EXO-6?

My own Star Trek company, against all odds built with my own barehands and I don't have a TOS Kirk Spock McCoy Scotty and Sulu under EXO-6 label.

The worst that can happen when the entire 1/6 Star Trek license is in my hand.

As a business entity, we are selling EXO-6 TOS figures and NOT a continuation of someone else's product line.

No impact on those who have QMx TOS. What about EXO-6?
I'm not trying to be dense, but I'll need you to unpack this. Are you saying there isn't a market for these two figures? Are you saying that if you release these two figures first then it will have a negative impact on your future TOS line sales? If so, fine. Say that. But if that's the case then it isn't just about protecting QMx TOS purchasers as you claimed.
As a business entity, we are selling EXO-6 TOS figures and NOT a continuation of someone else's product line.
Fine. But it's not a collector's fault the previous product line started with what they were most interested in. What EXO-6 is doing with TOS is like selling a Star Wars A New Hope line without Luke, Leia, Han, Chewbacca, R2-D2, C-3PO, and Obi-Wan Kenobi. Makes little sense from a purchasers perspective.

No. I am trying to minimize thr lost of those who previously collected QMx version.

To tell the truth, I can easily make the QMx TOS worthless. I just need to change the uniform than I can total destroy QMx TOS.
Kinda hurts my heart to see you talk like this as I consider those figures to be your genesis. Might not be under your production company, but they wouldn't be on my shelf without you. I consider them at least your step children..

If you have a way to make QMX look like it was a waste of time and money to collect then by all means do so and lets see some awesome
EXO-6 versions and make them the best you possibly can.
QMX is dead and gone. From the sound of your dealings with them and the way they treated you, good riddence.
Time to kill their aftermarket prices with superior products.

My own Star Trek company, against all odds built with my own barehands and I don't have a TOS Kirk Spock McCoy Scotty and Sulu under EXO-6 label.

The worst that can happen when the entire 1/6 Star Trek license is in my hand.

I have watched your Trek over these years, small steps then larger, and now… wow! Your perseverance and plans, your proactive not reactive course has proven correct and true Captain, steady as she goes. 🖖

I am confident that the EXO-6 TOS crew figures will eventually be released and will be an upgrade to the QMX versions, but in the meantime, I'm not racing to sell my QMX figures, as I plan to use them for possible customs.

Kinda hurts my heart to see you talk like this as I consider those figures to be your genesis. Might not be under your production company, but they wouldn't be on my shelf without you. I consider them at least your step children..
It seems there's a lot of emotional baggage.
I am confident that the EXO-6 TOS crew figures will eventually be released and will be an upgrade to the QMX versions, but in the meantime, I'm not racing to sell my QMX figures, as I plan to use them for possible customs.
I've given up making sense of EXO-6 plans with respect to TOS. The only thing I can do is a consumer is vote with my wallet. I will probably take Mirror, Mirror and leave The Cage while hoping for some bridge crew or aliens and villains.

This is getting beyond confusing. Are there going to be EXO6 TOS figures of the main crew? Are there going to just be set accurate color outfits, but no full figures of the TOS main crew. I shouldn’t have to work so hard to decipher every message trying to figure this out.

Personally (not aimed at anyone specific.....just voicing an opinion based on what I've read over the weeks in this thread), if I was representing exo6 I would likely have vacated this discussion long before now. That would be a shame. There is just far too much persistent challenge and a general perceived entitlement.

Maybe just keep an eye out for previews, announcements, pre-orders and sales?

Buy what you like, leave what you don't.

I think the questions and anxieties about pre-orders and budgeting just shows how passionate and excited people are for Exo6's upcoming releases. I think it's a good thing ✨

Personally (not aimed at anyone specific.....just voicing an opinion based on what I've read over the weeks in this thread), if I was representing exo6 I would likely have vacated this discussion long before now. That would be a shame. There is just far too much persistent challenge and a general perceived entitlement.

Maybe just keep an eye out for previews, announcements, pre-orders and sales?

Buy what you like, leave what you don't.
Well said.

Sadly, the overlap between people who act with a sense of entitlement and star trek fans who can afford one-sixth figure collecting is going to be high.

Nanjin has thick skin and a vision he believes in, though. He'll be fine!

It’s almost funny that after each reveal there’s always a few “why are you making this when this other thing would be better?” comments. EXO6 is doing what I’ve seen no one in the 1/6 community do and as they continue to rise I wonder if these comments will become more or less frequent? ;):unsure:

Nanjin, I'M BEGGING YOU, please try to get us a Gorn. I NEED to display him getting destroyed by Kirk's overly aggressive power-punches.

Back