EXO-6 Star Trek "General Discussion" 1/6 Line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I've just spent the last FIVE DAYS reading this entire thread after only just finding it šŸ˜‚ (I've been out of the collecting community for a long time)

I've said this to him personally, but I'll say it here too... it makes me beyond happy to see Nanjin/Schubert finally having full control of the ENTIRE Trek 1/6 license, and not only that... but absolutely KNOCKING IT OUT OF THE PARK šŸ™Œ šŸ„°

To see all those figures on display at Chicago, actual Star Trek figures, GOOD Star Trek figures, and from someone I consider a friend is like a dream come true. We're living through a golden age of Trek collection at the moment and we should consider ourselves so, so lucky. Every new figure I saw on display dropped my jaw. Things we never thought we'd see.

It's also great to see the improvement with the current figures, specifically the TWOK figures from the ones I had a small part in wayyyy back when (I did the sculpts)

View attachment 572132

The new TWOK Kirk sculpt you displayed at Chicago Nanjin is PERFECTION. It captures everything I was trying to get but failed to. For those who don't know I did these the old fashioned way in wax, nothing digital back then. They were my first sculpts and as such I really struggled a lot with symmetry - and by the time I had to shrink the heads as I sculpted them too big šŸ™ˆ they got distorted and were way off. I always felt bad for that. They were also lacking in detail compared to what you see today.

I have a good eye for likeness though, perhaps I should learn 3D sculpting, I'd probably be good at it šŸ˜„

The other vast leap up in quality in all this new stuff is the tailoring/materials/body shapes. They're simply beautiful!! I would 100% be buying these new ones as those TOS movie characters are literally my perfect and most wanted figures... but I have a real emotional connection to these older (and now vastly inferior) ones as they're part of my story. A thing I was briefly involved in and for which I'll always hold some pride. I thank you for giving me that memory Nanjin.

I'll definitely be buying that TMP/TWOK Captain's chair though, I need my Jimmy boy sitting on the correct one, he's been on his old TOS chair for years here in my studio šŸ˜‚

View attachment 572133

I'll also be getting those Borg alcoves!! I've always wanted to replicate the following image from First Contact and assumed I'd have to make everything by hand, but no longer!! I was going to buy a FC Picard until I realised that they've already been out for pre order and are sold out šŸ˜„ oops.. that's what I get for being away from things haha. I'll probably customise my old QMX Picard to get this image... until perhaps a new one comes out down the line.

View attachment 572134

Anyway.... CONGRATULATIONS Nanjin with everything you've done so far and will be doing in the future. Your dedication is paying off in droves and we're all the lucky ones who get to see Trek collectibles of a quality we could have only dreamed of before. I applaud you sir! šŸ„°
Surprise to see Darren here! Remember I said we were swimming in ponds and streams, and eventually someday we would be swimming in the open sea. Said this 12 years ago.

Without our babies, the original twok Version 1.0. I doubt i could be here today. You know what happened to me in 2012. If not because we had a unfinish promise to fulfill, I might had just given up. I determined to survive the ordeal so i could do what i promised.

All in all, if there were no then, there wouldn't be a Now.

Thank you, Darren! No you, no 1/6 Star Trek. We all played a part of this. All of us did a part.

Welcome aboard Darren!

As with your work, I'm here just to stare on in amazement and live vicariously through everyone else. Are these figures so perfect that we may never see your artistry touch them!?
You know me, I'll paint anything I'm sent lol. But honestly these are looking so amazing I don't think there'll be anything for me to do!

nanjin, can we still expect a second chance FC Picard?

If not could you send remaining stock to Popcultcha Australia where several of us still have preorders? They still seem to think theyā€™ll be filled.

nanjin, can we still expect a second chance FC Picard?

If not could you send remaining stock to Popcultcha Australia where several of us still have preorders? They still seem to think theyā€™ll be filled.
I noticed he was the only one that didn't go up for instant sale on the site. It would be cool if he offered whatever he has instock here first. I would like to grab one myself before paying $400

Sisko made an appearance on facebook
Lol and just like that Nanjin made me log into FB once again. Canā€™t wait for the preorder.

Also, I totally agree making Pikeā€™s chair RC would be awesome. Might disturb some little kids (and adults) in the neighborhood seeing him zooming around outside but it sure sounds like fun.

Bad luck for DSC Pike. He's in the Gap Filler production lot.

More than likely, DSC Pike will become a thousand dollar figure because of its quantity and a beautiful figure as himself.
DSC_5819.jpg

Would there be a separate SNW Pike or is this it for this version of the character?

Lol all this gap filler stuff is rough on the nerves. Hopefully once we experience one of the gap filler orders and know what to expect the anxiety level goes down and not up.

Lol all this gap filler stuff is rough on the nerves. Hopefully once we experience one of the gap filler orders and know what to expect the anxiety level goes down and not up.
Well, new comers to Trek has to suffer something. Is a heaven comparing to what OG Trek went through.

Back