EXO-6 Star Trek "General Discussion" 1/6 Line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm a Trekkie who lost interest in spinoff shows after TNG, so I haven't really watched new Trek since 2002 -- but I'll definitely be picking up Janeway, Sisko and Archer -- just because I know enough about those characters to appreciate them -- and because I love the quality of EXO-6's work.
Would not now be the perfect time to give it another chance? I hear since Voyager is on Netflix its popularity has grown immensely. Many who watched them as teenagers return to it as adults now and find new things in it and a new love. I watched it last year when the pandemic started and I can't stress enough how it helped me keeping sane during this time.

I get that people were trekked out at the time, with both DS9 and VOY on the air at the same time (what were they thinking?), and wanted different things from it, but looking back now... maybe it isn't as bad as everyone makes it to be? Only one way to find out!

I also have bought figures first and then watched the TV shows later. That counts for "Gotham" and also "Stranger Things" ;)

Would not now be the perfect time to give it another chance? I hear since Voyager is on Netflix its popularity has grown immensely.
I've been catching Voyager on TV late at night throughout the pandemic myself and generally find it enjoyable, better than anything Star Trek has dished out since the 2009 revival. Back then I preferred DS9 and might still do but my appreciation of Voyager has definitely grown.

Any of these look green to you? They are all Avocado under different combinations of Lighting, camera, and monitor. I can capture 6-7 different shades of YELLOW with my phone camera but only able to capture the true Avocado color with 5500k Lighting with Grey Card corrected color balance camera (the first picture).

Any further historic arguments about the color can be easily found on line.

BTW, no S2 velour. The knit arent fine enough and freaking amazing dust gatherer. Only S3 miniature knit fabric will be used.

Not going into anything else but S3 standard uniforms. Simulated colors are all based on S3.
View attachment 534572View attachment 534569View attachment 534570View attachment 534571
since there will be no velours I am considering the deluxe option, Will see what exo6 puts on display

Saturday morning Coffee time Sales Talk:
780_0471.jpg

After my 6 years research (actually a lot more than 6), beside ZCWO, only EXO-6 1/6 Trek in the entire 1/6 industry has correct figure height proportions (within its own line), or among a handful of producers.

Technically, 1/6 scale means factor of 6.

6 feet = 12 inches, or
1.83m = 30.5cm

Data is using a Standard while Spock is using a +10. Our basis body can produce the following heights (and how we address them):
-8 (5 ft 6 to 5-7)
-5 (5 ft 9)
Standard (5 ft 11 and 5-10)
+5 (6 feet)
+10 (6 feet 1)

With 2 leg extensions (5mm and 8mm), the base body can expand to a total of 10 different heights.

We are developing a Male with Neck PVC upper body body with the same functionality. We are also developing 3 different female bodies (most expensive because female body shapes are vastly different).

Note: Spock is on a S2 proto. Looks beautiful (most beautiful in my opinion comparing to S3 version) but very impractical. It only looks good from afar.

Attachments

• 780_0471.jpg
    780_0471.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 81
“....pick up accurate..” You need to be specific:

“Set” Accurate
-or-
“Screen” simulated/matched color

A point to understand about color options for TOS and TNG. If one started out with Avocado Set Accurate from the start, say Kirk, one has to follow through in purchasing the correct color for other characters such as Chekov and Sulu. Missed buying the correct color for subsequent characters will be disastrous. One more point, there's no going back too. If all out of sudden, one likes simulated Screen color better than the purchased Set color figures, one needs to pay eBay price to reverse course. I will assume it wouldn't be cheap either.

So make sure you know what you want and like, make decisions wisely, and DO NOT look back on the initial made decision. 95% people will “think” the other color is better and start to question their own decisions.

This is just like having HiFi as a hobby, stereophiles always “feel” Others or Showrooms have better systems then their own.

I will provide full explanation of these Set and Simulated Colors and detail color calibrated side by side comparison pictures so you guys can know what you are your options.

I also believe I would provide a Deluxe version of TOS/TNY that include both colors.

Don't mean to tempt you as a sales call. I myself will buy the Deluxe release and allow me to have both colors.
I get what you mean about set vs screen. After ordering Data, I was surprised at how much darker the shoulders of their uniform shirts appeared after watching FC again.

I get what you mean about set vs screen. After ordering Data, I was surprised at how much darker the shoulders of their uniform shirts appeared after watching FC again.
This is what you see after applying the simular color grade as in the movie (extracted the colors from the movie) see the increase in color satuation? especially the grey you mentioned. Look at Data skin color. Very similar to what you saw in the movie, isn't it? Look the the trim on the grey shoulder. It is duotone just like the movie with a touch of Teal. I insist in making them with different shades of grey to achieve the color similarities. (Trek movies used a lot of Orange-Teal color grading)

Trek uniforms maybe simple, but I examine them like a forensic investigator. I always cross reference the color with a BenQ color corrected monitor and apply the same color grade to confirm I am using the correct “Set Accurate” colors.

Hence, I use “Museum Grade” to describe EXO-6 figures.

51100356879_4f43a3444c_o.jpg

Last edited:
Would not now be the perfect time to give it another chance? I hear since Voyager is on Netflix its popularity has grown immensely. Many who watched them as teenagers return to it as adults now and find new things in it and a new love. I watched it last year when the pandemic started and I can't stress enough how it helped me keeping sane during this time.

I get that people were trekked out at the time, with both DS9 and VOY on the air at the same time (what were they thinking?), and wanted different things from it, but looking back now... maybe it isn't as bad as everyone makes it to be? Only one way to find out!

I also have bought figures first and then watched the TV shows later. That counts for "Gotham" and also "Stranger Things" ;)
I appreciate your input. I watched maybe 4 episodes of Voyager when new in 1995, and I thought they were "OK", but school was taking all of my time, at the time -- so I stopped watching. Now that I'm a lot older and work the typical 9 to 6, I think it's a good time to revisit this show.

You make a very valid argument here. Sounds like you will be happiest with the screen accurate version. I'll be opting for the deluxe version just because I like the idea of having more options. But in general, I love the QMx Kirk and Sulu I already have wearing the set accurate avocado tunics -- because as Nanjin says: they behave just like the real costumes by appearing different shades of gold more often than not under different lighting conditions (just like we remember them on the show).
Supposimg the QMx command shirts ( and the red n blue ones) look like the exo6 ones..

I’d get at least one deluxe set just to see which style I prefer.
If my preferences can represent the general 1/6 Trek fans, you will like both.

Set Accurate:
You will grow to appreciate the color choices by the Trek costume designers (mainly because of Mr William Theiss) This is a very unique characteristics in movie costuming. That's why I want to make Museum Grade Star Trek figures. Without these colors, I can't use the word Museum. These 1/6 figures can be used as reference. Even Anovos was amazed by my color choice years ago.

Simulated Colors:
they will look very similar to what you see from your monitor. Unlike Set Accurate, these colors are very saturated, their color very much remain constant to your eyes through out the day except brightness (this depends on the intensity of the surrounding lights). Because of their high saturation color tones, they will stand out in Real life surroundings because these are specially used colors to catch attentions in real life situation such as Stop Signs, Traffic Lights. Since they lack the major ingredient of Mr Theiss, I can only call them Simulated Color. They make amazing display. Everyone will notice them especially when they are in a group.

LOVE that Spock head sculpt.

As far as figure heights go, it is great to hear that they will be in scale to each other, though-out the line.

I also appreciate all of the inside manufacturing info0rmation with the color selections.

Just two more days(?) for the next official update, correct?

This is what you see after applying the simular color grade as in the movie (extracted the colors from the movie) see the increase in color satuation? especially the grey you mentioned. Look at Data skin color. Very similar to what you saw in the movie, isn't it? Look the the trim on the grey shoulder. It is duotone just like the movie with a touch of Teal. I insist in making them with different shades of grey to achieve the color similarities. (Trek movies used a lot of Orange-Teal color grading)

Trek uniforms maybe simple, but I examine them like a forensic investigator. I always cross reference the color with a BenQ color corrected monitor and apply the same color grade to confirm I am using the correct “Set Accurate” colors.

Hence, I use “Museum Grade” to describe EXO-6 figures.

View attachment 534677
That looks perfect in this lighting setup. This is an example of why I love the set accurate colors for these uniforms. They will be spot-on correct if you take the time to display them with display lighting that is designed well.

Finally, new info coming! I still haven't received my Data from BBTS but that doesn't quell my excitement. Hope third party vendors start shipping him out soon.

Back