EXO-6 Star Trek "First Contact" figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kinda hoping that we can recreate this photo…

78A351A3-3F89-4BC6-B8F2-A4D5817F02EB.jpeg

I missed out on Picard and Data. Without the captain it's not worth it for me to complete the first contact line. If I can get a Picard, then I'll get everything. Chair, backdrop, crew etc. But I need that Picard. I have many friends who first learned of Exo-6 at the mission Chicago but were super sad to find out that Picard and Data are sold already. I do hope exo-6 considers making another batch of the figures.
Nanjin did mention in a video chat during Chicago that he was considering possibly doing a one off second run in both Picard and Data.

Whether he does only he and fate knows at this point.

Nanjin did mention in a video chat during Chicago that he was considering possibly doing a one off second run in both Picard and Data.

Whether he does only he and fate knows at this point.
Yes I saw that and I hope he does. I'm not in it for investing, I'm in it for the love of the characters. I want to give exo-6 money. If they make another batch and I get Picard and Data, not only did they get my money for the figures but also for the chair, backdrop, crew, borg, and whatever else comes. I'm not the only person who thinks this way. It's good business for them and all it costs is to make another batch.

The best thing about Trek is, once you've got the suit and a basic body, you have a lot of wiggle room. Wanna do a quick Hawk headsculpt? Have at it. Barclay? Easy. FC EMH? Go right ahead.
Same with all the others. I know Nanjin said it won't happen, but I still cross my fingers and hope we might someday get a TOS uniform Sisko, Bashir, O'Brien, and Dax. Or a Tapestry Picard. Or a Nemesis Janeway. Or a Relativity Seven.

Yes I saw that and I hope he does. I'm not in it for investing, I'm in it for the love of the characters. I want to give exo-6 money. If they make another batch and I get Picard and Data, not only did they get my money for the figures but also for the chair, backdrop, crew, borg, and whatever else comes. I'm not the only person who thinks this way. It's good business for them and all it costs is to make another batch.
My business partners think the same, maximize our returns on investment. The more we make with the same figure, the higher the margin we will make.

I turned all their suggestion down becuase they only looked at the money that comes in on 2nd production and didn't look at our production was not built for this.

I observed this when I stepped foot into production. Everyone wants to maximize production to maximize profit and screwed up production timing. We are more concern with surviving than maximizing profit.

My business partners think the same, maximize our returns on investment. The more we make with the same figure, the higher the margin we will make.

I turned all their suggestion down becuase they only looked at the money that comes in on 2nd production and didn't look at our production was not built for this.

I observed this when I stepped foot into production. Everyone wants to maximize production to maximize profit and screwed up production timing. We are more concern with surviving than maximizing profit.
That is understandable. Production timing is very important. Perhaps in between major batches you'll find time to make a few to keep the factory going. As it stands I have a Picard on order with Popcultcha. Time will tell if that was a bad decision. The Data I have no leads on and I refuse outrageous ebay prices. Perhaps I'll get lucky. Everything else I have a preorder.

The best thing about Trek is, once you've got the suit and a basic body, you have a lot of wiggle room. Wanna do a quick Hawk headsculpt? Have at it. Barclay? Easy. FC EMH? Go right ahead.
Same with all the others. I know Nanjin said it won't happen, but I still cross my fingers and hope we might someday get a TOS uniform Sisko, Bashir, O'Brien, and Dax. Or a Tapestry Picard. Or a Nemesis Janeway. Or a Relativity Seven.
The Relativity Seven is what I would like. She only wore that uniform once if memory serves. I could put her head on the doctors body but not quite the same

@nanjin You should listen to your partners. Rule of acquisition 45: Expand or die 😉

Attachments

• F39C9D8E-4801-43D8-9E0A-A5FE4FDE673E.jpeg
    F39C9D8E-4801-43D8-9E0A-A5FE4FDE673E.jpeg
    107.4 KB · Views: 12
That is understandable. Production timing is very important. Perhaps in between major batches you'll find time to make a few to keep the factory going. As it stands I have a Picard on order with Popcultcha. Time will tell if that was a bad decision. The Data I have no leads on and I refuse outrageous ebay prices. Perhaps I'll get lucky. Everything else I have a preorder.
That's what I called Gap Fillers like the 3+1 that are being done. Because Gap Fillers will not have a manageable completion timing (just like subcontracted out to 3rd parties), I don't want to do any pre-sale when I don't know when I can deliver (I can't work with About/Around timing).

Then for Gap Fillers themselves, I already have a few characters lined up to be GapFillers. Most Gap fillers will not have a pre‐sale and no control in quantity after we started.

Don't think you guys want this to be a norm. Remember, what I like is very likely the same as what you like.

Ideal gap fillers for me would be characters I loved that I never would think would get a figure.

Barclay
Ro Laren
Garak
Weyoun
Zefram Cochrane
David Marcus
Martia
Soran
Ru'afo
Shinzon
Gowron
Lon Suder (would kill for this)
Season 1/2 Picard
Season 1 Riker (Galoob and Art Asylum are the only ones that made a clean shaven Riker!)
Lore

That's what I called Gap Fillers like the 3+1 that are being done. Because Gap Fillers will not have a manageable completion timing (just like subcontracted out to 3rd parties), I don't want to do any pre-sale when I don't know when I can deliver (I can't work with About/Around timing).

Then for Gap Fillers themselves, I already have a few characters lined up to be GapFillers. Most Gap fillers will not have a pre‐sale and no control in quantity after we started.

Don't think you guys want this to be a norm. Remember, what I like is very likely the same as what you like.
So the Gap Fillers will go up for sale when they are completed and be order and ship? So you would send out an email from Exo6 saying figure xxxx is available and when the quantity is sold that is it.
These would probably be rarer characters that might not get made in a fixed production run because they appeal more to avid fans.

So the Gap Fillers will go up for sale when they are completed and be order and ship? So you would send out an email from Exo6 saying figure xxxx is available and when the quantity is sold that is it.
These would probably be rarer characters that might not get made in a fixed production run because they appeal more to avid fans.
Yes. Like the 3+1 productions that's going on. There are tons of reasons to qualify for Gap Fillers, demand, fast turnaround, train new technicians, or even for the purpose of building future relationships with some vendors.

Things aren't as simple as everyone thinks especially for EXO-6 because we only have Trek, and every Trek series will try to kill other Treks

Logic, if we are not performing like others in the industry, then we must be doing something abnormal to yield abnormal results. I think this is easy to comprehend. Therefore, don't expect we do normal things. We won't do normal things. Doing norm is to kill 1/6 Trek.

Kobayashi Maru, when I can't win, I will change the rules so I can win. Very much this is how EXO-6 operates.

Yes. Like the 3+1 productions that's going on. There are tons of reasons to qualify for Gap Fillers, demand, fast turnaround, train new technicians, or even for the purpose of building future relationships with some vendors.

Things aren't as simple as everyone thinks especially for EXO-6 because we only have Trek, and every Trek series will try to kill other Treks

Logic, if we are not performing like others in the industry, then we must be doing something abnormal to yield abnormal results. I think this is easy to comprehend. Therefore, don't expect we do normal things. We won't do normal things. Doing norm is to kill 1/6 Trek.

Kobayashi Maru, when I can't win, I will change the rules so I can win. Very much this is how EXO-6 operates.
Will the Gap fillers only be sold on exo-6 website?

I feel your pain Tuhk, I recently just discovered this amazing line up post-Mission Chicago / Nanjin's interview on Adam Savage's Tested and was disheartened to see that Data and Picard were completely sold out, they are the foundation to the collection - I can't find them anywhere with any retailer that would ship to Canada. I really do hope something materializes in the form of another run as the demand is certainly there. This is a dream come true and I'm all in!

Aside from Exo-direct, BBTS and Sideshow, where are Canadians typically going to get these?

Something that’s kind of bothered me with Data since I’ve had him is that his gold undershirt always seems to get buried under his outer uniform. I’ve tried to adjust it to make it look better but can’t seem to get it. Any pointers? Picard’s uniform isn’t like that.

Something that’s kind of bothered me with Data since I’ve had him is that his gold undershirt always seems to get buried under his outer uniform. I’ve tried to adjust it to make it look better but can’t seem to get it. Any pointers? Picard’s uniform isn’t like that.
Agreed, I have been having the same issue with mine. I’m guessing it’s because Data has a onesie and Picard has a separate pants and jacket.

Agreed, I have been having the same issue with mine. I’m guessing it’s because Data has a onesie and Picard has a separate pants and jacket.
Yeah, it’s like the outer outfit has too much extra material in the shoulder area or something. It doesn’t quite sit flush. I also wonder if the undershirt’s collar isn’t quite long enough.

I was able to kind of pull it down and it looks somewhat better. I’d still rather the undershirt be more pronounced like it should be.

The VOY figures don’t have the same problem and are also one piece suits, but the slit on the front of their uniforms goes down a bit more and I think there was improvements in the tailoring.

Back