EXO-6 Star Trek “Deep Space Nine” Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's no secret why they keep blurring the head sculpt on these figures. Frankly, I'm surprised Nana Visitor approved that. Maybe this is another figure let down by paint apps, but the whole thing comes across as way too "hard". The face lacks any softness of features.

I’m wondering why she’s so expensive too. I mean the figure comes with minimal accessories. Is the outfit not being cookie cutter the reason?

Between her and Data I’m not liking the upward trend in prices. I know they’re still lower than other sixth scale releases but still. Previous releases were worth the price but some of the new ones seem questionable.

I’m wondering why she’s so expensive too. I mean the figure comes with minimal accessories. Is the outfit not being cookie cutter the reason?

Between her and Data I’m not liking the upward trend in prices. I know they’re still lower than other sixth scale releases but still. Previous releases were worth the price but some of the new ones seem questionable.

Must admit I hadn't checked the price until you posted. She is the same price as Sisko & Quark though ($214.99 USD + shipping).

I'm personally amazed they can produce these at such a low price. Kudos to them for that.

Must admit I hadn't checked the price until you posted. She is the same price as Sisko & Quark though ($214.99 USD + shipping).

I'm personally amazed they can produce these at such a low price. Kudos to them for that.

Quark I understand a bit more. His sculpt is fully unique. Same with a figure like Shran. Sisko was that price for the Essential version with more accessories.

Kira really is a basic sculpt but just has the ridges on her nose so not that unique of a sculpt and bare bones accessories wise.

Quark I understand a bit more. His sculpt is fully unique. Same with a figure like Shran. Sisko was that price for the Essential version with more accessories.

Kira really is a basic sculpt but just has the ridges on her nose so not that unique of a sculpt and bare bones accessories wise.

Womens outfits always cost more. I mean - just consider the boots! . . . and that's without the compulsory matching handbag!

Data comes with the second head sculpt so I think the price is fair considering how accurate they look to the onscreen character.

I’ll pay for top notch likeness like that, he’s pretty much perfect IMO.

I'm sure that if you asked EXO, they will tell you its another custom female body for Kira that is pushing the cost. The went on and on about this with the Seven of Nine release, and it doesn't look to be a re-release of the Seven body for Kira. Not sure if that's true or not (but it honestly could be), but I'd wager that's what the official answer would be.

It's no secret why they keep blurring the head sculpt on these figures. Frankly, I'm surprised Nana Visitor approved that. Maybe this is another figure let down by paint apps, but the whole thing comes across as way too "hard". The face lacks any softness of features.

From what we've been able to see, while the sculpt doesn't quite look like the home run we were hoping for, most of those release photos seem to be suffering from less than favorable lighting choices more than anything else. We've seen this before from EXO, so I'm going to choose to remain hopeful.

Call me a fool, but I think the bones are there....

I'd be fine with the price if the quality was a bit better.

And I still have no idea what color this outfit is going to be. In some pics it appears close to the right salmon color, and in others it's that awful hot pink again.

The face actually looks pretty good here (and only here), but the pattern on that uniform and that chunky earring chain....
1689708764295.png

Man looking through the pics again and this really is some of the worst lighting and photoshop I've seen in awhile. And there isn't one shot of the full figure, which seems a little bizarre for a figure preview.

Kind of strange Kira comes with a Starfleet tricorder. Why no Bajoran tricorder?

indiscretion_324.jpg

I don't like the dark cross stitching in the sleeves at all. I'm hoping it will look different once actually produced.

By now, I understand the EXO-6 marketing strategy is to have the final product look SO much better in hand than the prototype solicits, so I expect to see a much more recognizable likeness as time goes on, but these proto photos are not doing this figure any favors. I can see how––under the right lighting––this could look like her, but the photos aren't doing a good job of conveying that. We know the unpainted digital sculpt for her was damn near perfect, so I'm thinking lighting (and maybe a rough proto paint job?) is throwing this. I bet the Kira on display at SDCC will look better.

The silver paint on the phaser isn't right either. Not sure what they're using for reference. Should be more of a copper color.

1689711126147.png

Easy pass, sadly. I’m really not into the sleeves either or the face sculpt for that matter. Also, I really don’t think it’s acceptable to expect people to order based on promo shots and then just deliver wildly different versions after the fact. I can no longer justify these costs on a gamble. Either these images are indicative of the final product or they’re not.

Normally not too fussed about the releases, but this is the first one that looks a bit off.

1. The black stitches are really distracting and hope these get toned down or use a thinner thread.
  2. The ear piece looks like it’s quite thick and made of plastic, I was hoping something like Q’s chain.
  3. The overall stitching looks unfinished and concerned it could fray apart. There was a pic of her back and looked a bit dodgy.
No doubt there will be improvements before, like previous releases. 😊

The silver paint on the phaser isn't right either. Not sure what they're using for reference. Should be more of a copper color.

View attachment 650446
There's images where the lower section on the Bajoran phaser appears silver, copper, gold, and even black. Either it was a lighting thing, or they repainted those props in between seasons and even episodes, or new props probably didn't get exactly the same color as existing props when they were made - likely all of the above.
Anyway, here's a photo of one from an auction and that part appears to be a glossy dark brown or bronze color:
1689713726376.png

Exactly as I feared, we're getting a Kira that never existed on the show. Her head and feet do not match her body.

She has the uniform that she never wore past The Way of the Warrior.
But she had shorter boots up until then. The figure has her in the taller boots she didn't start wearing until the next version of the uniform.
And on top of that, it has the brown hair that she didn't have until season five.

I'm sure the fabled "the actor demanded it be this way" will get trotted out, but I can't help but think that this is what happens when "only friends, not experts" gets his ear. (Plus using multiple pieces of reference material without context.)

The belt looks nice. Now shorten the heels and add a splash of red to the hair and we're talkin'. ;)

Back