Eternal - 1/6 Gentleman of Crime (Batman Returns Penguin)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How was Eternal's MCU Vulture? That'll be a telling factor of quality.

I too think the prototype looked excellent. I don't expect the final product to match it but think it was a strong enough starting point for this to be decent.

Unless they really go out of their way to screw it up!

How was Eternal's MCU Vulture? That'll be a telling factor of quality.
I swear I’m the only person around here who bought that.

It’s ok. Very cheap, almost 3D printed feel to the wings, crappy electrics, missing details, not a great deal of thought out into connecting the harness and backpack to the body for stable flight poses, pretty poor sculpt (but the proto was also bad in that regard,) cheap body.

The clothing is pretty decent though and the paint apps are satisfactory.
I expect they’ll be able to match their proto Penguin at least based on how Vulture turned out.

This figure actually covers an in-between outfit -- the Sewer King outfit.

You could have 3 Penguin variants for his major "looks":
1. Mayor Penguin
2. Sewer Penguin -- just his onesie like during his "troop" speech and his final fight with Batman
3. Sewer King Penguin -- the onesie with that brown coat and top hat -- sort of a middle ground between Mayor and Sewer looks

He has other looks, of course -- the crab robe he's wearing with Fred's hand when we first see him -- but the above covers his major looks.

For me, this figure will be on display as intended -- with coat and hat -- until I get an actual Mars Toys Mayor Penguin, then this Eternal figure will revert back to just the onesie Penguin.

This figure actually covers an in-between outfit -- the Sewer King outfit.

You could have 3 Penguin variants for his major "looks":
1. Mayor Penguin
2. Sewer Penguin -- just his onesie like during his "troop" speech and his final fight with Batman
3. Sewer King Penguin -- the onesie with that brown coat and top hat -- sort of a middle ground between Mayor and Sewer looks

He has other looks, of course -- the crab robe he's wearing with Fred's hand when we first see him -- but the above covers his major looks.

For me, this figure will be on display as intended -- with coat and hat -- until I get an actual Mars Toys Mayor Penguin, then this Eternal figure will revert back to just the onesie Penguin.

I figure this will be a great and cheap placeholder until InArt does him. 😉

It’s ok. Very cheap, almost 3D printed feel to the wings, crappy electrics, missing details, not a great deal of thought out into connecting the harness and backpack to the body for stable flight poses, pretty poor sculpt (but the proto was also bad in that regard,) cheap body.

I expect they’ll be able to match their proto Penguin at least based on how Vulture turned out.
Didn't preorder because of the stuff that happened with the Vulture. The prototype looks too good to be true. Will see how the production version looks and try to find one if he comes out as good.

So the wings were meh but the figure was decent. Noted.

So the wings were meh but the figure was decent. Noted.

taking notes.gif

Sounds perfect since The Penguin doesn't have wings.

Eternal Penguin (3).jpg

His two little friends might be in trouble though. :panic:

I don’t want to bump the Mars thread for false hope.

Is it possible this figure being solicited caused Mars Toys to quietly cancel theirs, which is why they haven’t posted any updates about it?

It sounded like they were pretty ticked off by this announcement, and it’s been months of nothing since their initial render.

I want a 1/6 Danny Penguin but I’d rather wait to see what Mars comes out with, if they’re still working on it.

Is it possible this figure being solicited caused Mars Toys to quietly cancel theirs, which is why they haven’t posted any updates about it?

It sounded like they were pretty ticked off by this announcement, and it’s been months of nothing since their initial render.

I want a 1/6 Danny Penguin but I’d rather wait to see what Mars comes out with, if they’re still working on it.

I think Mars only showed their render because Eternal got their figure ready first, but as Godfather1408 wrote Mars already have so much on their plate.

Doesn't seem they ever had a real hope of going head to head with Eternal, but they thought they might put some people off ordering from the rival company.

Mars have wayyy too much on their plate as it is. The render was simply to show 'this will come eventually.' Their Gus Fring has been in teh works for like 2+ years and still shows no sign of releasing since they went on a Batman announcing binge.

Who's to say if they've even begun actual development on a Penguin since shoqing the render considering the mountain of other figures they've teased.

I imagine they will go for the fully 'made-over' Mayoral Penguin look, which will differ enough from ET's figure to still attract a sizable audience. That, plus the almost inevitably qualty-lacking finished product ET will be able to produce should mean this figure wn't hurt Mars' ability to sell their figure in the slightest.

I'm in the exact same boat as you. I don't mind waiting for quality but at this point I was hoping for at least a preorder from Mars. I don't need multiples of the 90s batman rouges and trying to sell this if and when Mars does actually come out will probably be pretty difficult. Decisions decisions.

Mars would make the Mayor Penguin no doubt, which is more complex and is better suited for them... I think people would certainly double-dip for a Mayor.

But as has been said, Mars has over-promised at the moment and has a lot of catching up to do.

Two-Face was promised to be revealed months ago.

And what happened to Mars' post that Pfeiffer Catwoman "was next" [to be revealed].

I still feel 'someone' alerted the WB lawyers and Mars received a C&D order, which they will ignore, but it likely cooled their jets about being so blatant in regards to multiple announcements.

Mars would make the Mayor Penguin no doubt, which is more complex and is better suited for them... I think people would certainly double-dip for a Mayor.

But as has been said, Mars has over-promised at the moment and has a lot of catching up to do.

And what happened to Mars' post that Pfeiffer Catwoman "was next" [to be revealed].

I still feel 'someone' alerted the WB lawyers and Mars received a C&D order, which they will ignore, but it likely cooled their jets about being so blatant in regards to multiple announcements.
I blame facebook honestly. You have all those novices who aren't your standard 1/6 collector who then goes and tags WB saying something like "@WB is this real?" or reposts the Mars Toys stuff on an official "blue check mark" WB/Batman page for all the world to see.

Reminds me of what happened with two 3rd Party Assassin Creed figures back in the day that ppl started emailing UbiSoft asking if the figures were legit (which of course they weren't since HT had the license at the time), so UbiSoft shut them down. The worst part being that one of those figures had already gone through the PO stage and money was already dropped on it (myself included). The company vanished with everyone's money after UbiSoft got to them. This was before the days of having someone like OSK to buy through for the random/obscure 3rd Party item like we have now.

I blame facebook honestly. You have all those novices who aren't your standard 1/6 collector who then goes and tags WB saying something like "@WB is this real?" or reposts the Mars Toys stuff on an official "blue check mark" WB/Batman page for all the world to see.

Reminds me of what happened with two 3rd Party Assassin Creed figures back in the day that ppl started emailing UbiSoft asking if the figures were legit (which of course they weren't since HT had the license at the time), so UbiSoft shut them down. The worst part being that one of those figures had already gone through the PO stage and money was already dropped on it (myself included). The company vanished with everyone's money after UbiSoft got to them. This was before the days of having someone like OSK to buy through for the random/obscure 3rd Party item like we have now.
Damn why did you have to remind me of that? I remember being excited that a company was finally doing Brotherhood Ezio. It was from some random Facebook "company" called FireFigures that started posting mock ups for Kenway and Ezio. They even showed packaging and the actual figure itself before never going through with it. Now we have DamToys that never even got around to doing Brotherhood Ezio as well. :ohbfrank:

0_ab9a4_f7cf151f_XL.jpg

I don't think that's the case with Mars though. I think they're just way too unfocused doing 20 different figures at once instead of prioritizing but who knows how they really operate. Might just be a super small team.

They deleted their renders of both Julie Newmar and Michelle Pfeiffer’s Catwomen too. It’s not looking very promising.

I’ve asked Mars a few times but it almost feels like they’re ignoring questions about Catwoman and Penguin.

Back