eFX SCOUT TROOPER HELMET LEGEND EDITION!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wouldn’t give a squirt of piss for that EFX. Their license needs to be pulled. The only descent thing they have made recently is their Vader.

Well at least it looks good from some angles.

Don't you mean...

giphy-13.gif

:)

Decided to ditch the EFX acrylic stand due to its weird creak noises it makes each time you touch it. The 2 back screws were not fully tightened in when I took the stand down, despite the fact that I did tighten them the first time I assembled the EFX stand. This is not a stand I would trust for a heavy fiberglass helmet, EFX really managed to make a weird helmet AND a weird stand, super-combo! I'm using an extra black wood stand I got years ago from 501st forum (these are so solid I could use for chairs), and for the plaque I too 2 back triangles from Philip Wise plaque stands and double taped them to the EFX plaque holder. The good thing is I managed to fit the helmet sides almost perfectly, this could also be due to the more sturdy wood stand.

Comparison_EFX_RS_Scout_Trooper_Helmet.jpg

And the reply was another ”it turned out great” speech...

That post was from almost 10 years ago. Stalk much?
And at that time, no company producing licensed sw props, costumes, statues or toys were interested in trying to reach that high a level of accuracy.
Some people either weren't around, or forget what it was like back then. Full out idealization ruled the land.
And yes, the scout helmet is super accurate even considering the compromises that were made. Still more accurate than any fan sculpt and if it weren't for RS (which even though very nice also has some accuracy issues), would be the only chance most people would have at getting anything with pedigree tied to the actual production.
These are mass produced licensed collectibles. There is always going to be a level of compromise you have to accept compared to an actual film prop. If you can't understand that then you really have no understanding about how manufacturing on a large scale in China works.
The best you could hope for is for there to be someone like me who actually cares enough to push for them to be as good as they can. And I can promise you no one would push harder. So you can trust that the scout was pushed to the max capacity of what a factory could turn out. Do I wish it could have been pushed further? Of course. Accepting the limits of what a factory can do is hard, especially for someone like me but thats just the hard reality.
And when all things are considered, it turned out pretty damn amazing. I can understand being disappointed with the compromises, but to act like its trash because of them just goes to show how utterly spoiled we have become as prop collectors. Which is a good thing as well as bad. And I'm sure I'm partially to blame for being such an accuracy nut.
At the time of that old post (almost 10 years ago) I would have sold a kidney for the chance to own a replica of the scout as good as the EFX, and so would have everyone else.
Skip ahead to the present and it's still mind-blowing that we have access to replicas of this caliber.

While again ignoring people asking for news abot the Legend version.

Indeed. What Luke0312 found on RPF might be an old thread and post, but remains so true. In the end we only get excuses after excuses. Or complete silence. The EFX way.

GINO: Skip ahead to the present and it's still mind-blowing that we have access to replicas of this caliber.

In the end they did have access to the Archives, too bad the replicas made are not that close to what we expected, excepting the chosen people who got clean casts directly from the Archives. I guess their optimism comes from that fact

Someone on a FB group is looking to make EFX type stands, they could be useful for collectors:

image.jpg

Someone on a FB group is looking to make EFX type stands, they could be useful for collectors:

image.jpg

Hey Sarge, Thanks for sharing this in the thread. I'm the one trying to get these made :D.

I'm going to try my best to get these made, Right now I'm just waiting to hear back from the shop on how much these are going to run. If you guys have any suggestions or questions please let me know.

I have a few guys on the FB group asking to show some pics of the stand with a helmet on it so when i get home tonight going to see what i got in the house, most of my stuff is in storage right now because im in a middle of a move but i do have a cfo stormy and a vader that i can put on it for sure.

Hey Sarge, Thanks for sharing this in the thread. I'm the one trying to get these made :D.

I'm going to try my best to get these made, Right now I'm just waiting to hear back from the shop on how much these are going to run. If you guys have any suggestions or questions please let me know.

I have a few guys on the FB group asking to show some pics of the stand with a helmet on it so when i get home tonight going to see what i got in the house, most of my stuff is in storage right now because im in a middle of a move but i do have a cfo stormy and a vader that i can put on it for sure.

They seem very cool stands. :) I posted this image on Rebelscum too, but didn't give other details yet, to protect you from who knows what, that board has some weird members there. I already have my very solid and elegant wooden stands made by a RPF/501st member, but if price and shipping are ok I might take one.

Nice to know these are being worked from someone on here. I think there's quite a few of us who would love these. :)

The Vader helmets would need a longer stand compared to troopers since it’s a bigger helmet. That’s a factor why EFX had the bigger base and longer post for ANH Vader. If you can match it like the prior EFX stands and the price is right. I’d buy multiples for sure. Well done.

Sounds good ill check them later tonight when i get in had to work late again :(, ya im sure ill have to make them prob 16" to 17" long then but we will see

The Vader helmets would need a longer stand compared to troopers since it’s a bigger helmet. That’s a factor why EFX had the bigger base and longer post for ANH Vader. If you can match it like the prior EFX stands and the price is right. I’d buy multiples for sure. Well done.

The pole might be longer for EFX Vader Legend/LE vs EFX Stormtrooper LE - didn't measure it, but the base on Vader wasn't something really necessary. EFX thought we'd use an acrylic case for it. The huge base only added extra weight and ate extra display space for the helmet. I've seen people displaying Vader with a regular EFX round stand and it was ok, helmet wouldn't fall off.

I didn’t get that newsletter and I recreated my account when they changed systems. Oh, well. The disappointment continues.

Back