eFX SCOUT TROOPER HELMET LEGEND EDITION!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"If you have any questions or need any assistance, please feel free to contact us..."

:lol :lol :lol

Yeah because EFX are know for their customer service and fast replies...

Just received my EFX Scout.

Picked it up for $599 plus shipping. Great deal.

I have read several threads about accuracy issues etc. Its pretty simple really......................You can only get "so close to the real thing". Is this helmet perfect.......no.

I have owned several Scout helmets from KS, RS and now EFX. They ALL have accuracy issues when compared to the real deal.

RS: Not painted correctly, NO face plate undercuts, wrong lens type/ color, wrong headliner, wrong visor cut out shape by crown, 3d printed bolts (and this is taken from their ORIGINAL)

Sure you can buy an RS kit and do it yourself, but your back to square one because you still don't have some missing components that make it "accurate to the original". You can try and source them, but now your $400 kit just became a $1,500 plus helmet, and it still will not be perfect and no longer a fair comparison to any other offering.

KS: Squat, wrong construction build, not painted, stickers wrong, front greebly wrong, wrong internal system list goes on.

EFX: Fiber glass vs ABS/ wrong interior, chin flare, lack of bolt coverings on crown cut. (and this with original source material and examples)

This EFX like RS has some lineage, and is produced for a wider audience as a collectable. Unlike RS who do not pay fees/ nor need approval for their product ( would be classified in the US as bootleg, I am not an intellectual property attorney just saying) EFX they have to dance with LFL or Disney for approval. Thus I doubt they can get away with the RAW (and more accurate) construction. They have to dance a bit and in the end put out a solid product.

I am NOT an EFX fan as I think they are a smash and grab company. I respect RS and have several products from them. However in this case I think they are getting a bum wrap. Yes there is a bit of a flair, and the top cut is way too wide exposing the bolt system. So what. In the end its a solid offering, looks great and for those who care about this point is a product that will escalate in value in the long run (as proven by ALL of their offerings). RS is lucky if they gain 10% increase in the long run. Not a point that matters to me, but some collectors that matters, and they want the confidence of knowing that their hard earned cash is going into something truly limited that offers the greater potential in the future sale price.

If you compare various screen used Scout helmets no two are identical, there are multiple versions used in the film made from various materials/ reasons (stunt, hero, rubber face plate, fiber glass stunt etc etc.) Some have wider cuts at the crown, some are tighter. Some have amber lenses, some have gray. Some have wider eyes and are more flared at the cheeks, some are not (stunt rubber face plate vs hero). You get the point.

I am a stickler for accuracy like most, but I also know when to relax a little and enjoy a solid collectible for what it is. I would have liked to see this helmet created in painted ABS (like the originals) where the flair may have been avoided and the gap not so wide, but its a small price to pay for a lineage helmet and one that is fiberglass.

NO REPLICA (a loose term used in this hobby, should be the word COPY) by definition of what replica really means see below) is perfect and will never be. IF you want to nitpick then you have fault to some degree with all "replicas" offered by companies, and or individuals. Period no way around it.

REPLICA is a NOUN
an EXACT copy or model of something, especially one on a smaller scale.

From above the keyword to remember is "EXACT" so by definition the term replica should be removed even from RS.

If you want the most accurate helmet then you better save up, and wait for the real deal to come by. That is the truth and no matter what anyone tells you remember "you can only get so close to the real thing". If its not the real deal, then it will NEVER be the real deal no matter how much you try to tell yourself its as good/or the same.

Hope this helps anyone with their purchase decisions no matter what direction they choose for themselves. Just my two cents as a long time collector/ fan like us all. Enjoy.

Just to be fair, wanted to point out that all the scout helmets I saw in the archives had smoke tinted lenses like the EFX.

Just to be fair, wanted to point out that all the scout helmets I saw in the archives had smoke tinted lenses like the EFX.

Totally get you. Just trying to illustrate some points.

We all get so wrapped up in "accuracy" that we ignore the reality of the situation. Fact of the matter is that you can have a CLOSE to accurate prop (as you well know) but there will always be something off. Whether its material, size, paint type/ color, bolts, bumps, harnesses etc etc etc. the list goes on and on.

I believe that the helmet should have avoided the exposed bolts (not so wide upper visor cut near the connector) at a minimum (4 year production time), however there are realities as you have said in the past that are unavoidable on mass scale. I don't disagree with that point.

This is a more than fair offering, and is actually a beautiful helmet, no doubt. While still a pricey collectible (no more than most 1/4 statues by todays continued hobby inflation) Sure is nicer on the wallet than an original helmet...............and will last much longer ..:)-

Just received my EFX Scout.

Picked it up for $599 plus shipping. Great deal.

I have read several threads about accuracy issues etc. Its pretty simple really......................You can only get "so close to the real thing". Is this helmet perfect.......no.

I have owned several Scout helmets from KS, RS and now EFX. They ALL have accuracy issues when compared to the real deal.

RS: Not painted correctly, NO face plate undercuts, wrong lens type/ color, wrong headliner, wrong visor cut out shape by crown, 3d printed bolts (and this is taken from their ORIGINAL)

Sure you can buy an RS kit and do it yourself, but your back to square one because you still don't have some missing components that make it "accurate to the original". You can try and source them, but now your $400 kit just became a $1,500 plus helmet, and it still will not be perfect and no longer a fair comparison to any other offering.

KS: Squat, wrong construction build, not painted, stickers wrong, front greebly wrong, wrong internal system list goes on.

EFX: Fiber glass vs ABS/ wrong interior, chin flare, lack of bolt coverings on crown cut. (and this with original source material and examples)

This EFX like RS has some lineage, and is produced for a wider audience as a collectable. Unlike RS who do not pay fees/ nor need approval for their product ( would be classified in the US as bootleg, I am not an intellectual property attorney just saying) EFX they have to dance with LFL or Disney for approval. Thus I doubt they can get away with the RAW (and more accurate) construction. They have to dance a bit and in the end put out a solid product.

I am NOT an EFX fan as I think they are a smash and grab company. I respect RS and have several products from them. However in this case I think they are getting a bum wrap. Yes there is a bit of a flair, and the top cut is way too wide exposing the bolt system. So what. In the end its a solid offering, looks great and for those who care about this point is a product that will escalate in value in the long run (as proven by ALL of their offerings). RS is lucky if they gain 10% increase in the long run. Not a point that matters to me, but some collectors that matters, and they want the confidence of knowing that their hard earned cash is going into something truly limited that offers the greater potential in the future sale price.

If you compare various screen used Scout helmets no two are identical, there are multiple versions used in the film made from various materials/ reasons (stunt, hero, rubber face plate, fiber glass stunt etc etc.) Some have wider cuts at the crown, some are tighter. Some have amber lenses, some have gray. Some have wider eyes and are more flared at the cheeks, some are not (stunt rubber face plate vs hero). You get the point.

I am a stickler for accuracy like most, but I also know when to relax a little and enjoy a solid collectible for what it is. I would have liked to see this helmet created in painted ABS (like the originals) where the flair may have been avoided and the gap not so wide, but its a small price to pay for a lineage helmet and one that is fiberglass.

NO REPLICA (a loose term used in this hobby, should be the word COPY) by definition of what replica really means see below) is perfect and will never be. IF you want to nitpick then you have fault to some degree with all "replicas" offered by companies, and or individuals. Period no way around it.

REPLICA is a NOUN
an EXACT copy or model of something, especially one on a smaller scale.

From above the keyword to remember is "EXACT" so by definition the term replica should be removed even from RS.

If you want the most accurate helmet then you better save up, and wait for the real deal to come by. That is the truth and no matter what anyone tells you remember "you can only get so close to the real thing". If its not the real deal, then it will NEVER be the real deal no matter how much you try to tell yourself its as good/or the same.

Hope this helps anyone with their purchase decisions no matter what direction they choose for themselves. Just my two cents as a long time collector/ fan like us all. Enjoy.

Boom! Mic drop. Post that in RS forum too.

I ordered both eFX Legend & RS Scout.

eFX took the money.
RS delivered.

Winner.... RS

My post was not about who is the better company by standard of customer service and reliability EFX is the worst of the worst!

My post was about specially the EFX Scout Helmet and how it compares to other Scout helmets. Nothing more.

Yawn............of course YOU know better.

Insert finger down throat and gag.

I know better indeed.
Want true comparisons? Look on starwarshelmets site.

I ordered both eFX Legend & RS Scout.

eFX took the money.
RS delivered.

Winner.... RS

Exactly. EFX took the money and delivered a subpar product: huge Grand Canyon gap, sides not fitting on way too many helmets, stand is cheap as hell and would not trust to support heavy fiberglass helmets. RS have their issues, but they delivered a much better product in the end. And nothing about the so called EFX Legend, I guess it remains a myth LOL

But some dudes would kiss EFX behind all day long, it's in their nature...

I know better indeed.
Want true comparisons? Look on starwarshelmets site.

Exactly. EFX took the money and delivered a subpar product: huge Grand Canyon gap, sides not fitting on way too many helmets, stand is cheap as hell and would not trust to support heavy fiberglass helmets. RS have their issues, but they delivered a much better product in the end. And nothing about the so called EFX Legend, I guess it remains a myth LOL

But some dudes would kiss EFX behind all day long, it's in their nature...

You are so in the clouds you have entirely missed the point of my posting.

No disrespect but I have been doing this far longer than you have and was here in the infancy of the prop collecting hobby both original and replica. I grew up in the industry and sure as he’ll know exactly what I’m talking about. You my friend have come so late the party you think your early.

I have no beef with you personally but your arrogance is overwhelming. When you actually invest time and money into the real thing, that’s when you’ll be qualified to speak about them.

Enjoy your weekend.

You are so in the clouds you have entirely missed the point of my posting.

No disrespect but I have been doing this far longer than you have and was here in the infancy of the prop collecting hobby both original and replica. I grew up in the industry and sure as he’ll know exactly what I’m talking about. You my friend have come so late the party you think your early.

I have no beef with you personally but your arrogance is overwhelming. When you actually invest time and money into the real thing, that’s when you’ll be qualified to speak about them.

Enjoy your weekend.

I guess you are the guy who started everything about prop collecting then LOL. The fact that you supposedly collect right from the Triassic era, doesn't make you more knowledgeable - the old story: mine is longer than yours. ;) I remember your old posts from around 2011, when you showed us "screen used" props which in fact were simple replicas (including the MR ROTS Vader helmet you declared as screen used, and when a couple of us found your lie, you deleted all your posts), yeah I have all those archived, it was a fun read for all of us. And I've handled my fair share of replicas and screen used items (quite recently too).

Have a nice weekend too.

I just can't fathom anyone spending (and defending) at least 600 bucks on something that is "okay." Just shows what a truly warped and distorted world we live in when people can be so frivolous with that kind of money.

"Nothing's perfect." ?????????

It doesn't need to be perfect, but it sure as hell needs to be better finished than that abomination. I'd cop it, if it were a 200 item (although I still wouldn't buy it), but when it's been cast from an original (and we've clearly seen NO original has that visor gap and exposed pivot system), there are simply no excuses for that price-tag.

Glad you like it Hollywood!

Out of the blue:

" November 10, 2018

Order No.: xyxyxy

Dear j97e1:

First, I want to personally thank you for your continued patience and support in regard to the delays associated with the Legend Edition of our Scout Trooper helmet. Rest assured that we are still working diligently on the manufacturing of the helmet.

Due to significant quality hurdles, we were forced to change vendors and are now working with a vendor who we are confident can manufacture our helmets to our standards. Although production has not begun yet, but we are working with the new vendor as quickly as possible towards that goal.

Please expect to get periodic updates as we get closer to shipping the helmet, which is on track to be shipped in the first quarter of 2019.

Our (obsessive) dedication to producing the most accurate, quality representation of the original prop is the root of this extended delay, and we take full responsibility for that!

We apologize if you received this emailed in error!

I thank you once again for your continued patience.

Thanks!

Bryan "

Back