DC Joker Movie (Non-DCEU)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have to say, this movie has one of my all time favorite Joker moments ever. It was his coronation as the Clown Prince of Gotham. That's the version I want HT to make. That was his best look, imo.

It is just refreshing to have a comic book movie like this. Focused on character and barely any CGI. You could argue that they should've left out the Wayne stuff, but it was a nice parallel to the character. 9.5/10!

saw this last night.. please don't read the spoiler if you are intending to see this film.
Spoiler Spoiler:

Been looking forward to this so much since the first trailer hit. Wasn't sure it could live up to my expectations, but it did! Hats off to Todd Phillips and Joaquin Phoenix for pulling this off with masterful execution. Outstanding!! :clap

Awesome subway scene midway through that was the main pivot point. Then the great scene with Randall and Gary in the apartment. A slow burn throughout the film, just building methodically, properly establishing what we're all expecting by the end. Just so well done! Visuals, music, acting, pacing . . . all on point for me.

I've been reading critics knock this movie for being too grim, for glorifying the depravity of the Joker, and for not supplying a message to answer the problem of untreated mental illness in society. WTF!? Balancing what we got with levity would've undermined the gravity of everything worthwhile that was accomplished throughout the film. And it's also not an obligation for Todd Phillips to provide a message of remedy for societal ills, depravity, and psychosis.

What Phillips and JP accomplished here was to take an iconic, over-the-top character and ground him more in our reality, which provided more emotional and intellectual impact in doing so. Nothing else needed to be done here. It entertained, it was impactful, and it looked amazing. Mission accomplished.

My only nitpicks are what others here have mentioned: could've done without the full extent of the Wayne stuff, and wish that the Murray character was someone other than De Niro. Hard not to just see "De Niro" rather than a Murray Franklin; took a bit away from the immersion for me. Loved everything else, though.

They played that scene out so well maintaining the tension to the end. Goodlawd

It was the perfect note. You don’t want to laugh because its terrible and quite possibly still a deadly situation but also hilarious that he literally has no choice but to ask Arthur to get the door.

I believe in Gary.

Holy crap what a crappy Joker origin.

This is embarrassing why are Joker fans applauding this nonsense.

Are you fkn kidding me he became the freaking Joker because of his jealousy of the 1% give me a freaking break.

What a whiny little *****.

Boo Hoo the wealthy don?t care about garbage piling up and they cut my medicaid boo hoo i?m now the crown prince of crime watch me rant against the wealthy....boring!

The movie big climax is his verbal rant monologue against the 1%!

GTFO of here with this whiny *****.

Joker my ass.

This Joker killing random people will make zero sense.

Nolan?s Joker didn?t give a crap about anyone he was a genius anarchy opportunist.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I knew Jye wouldn't get the Nu-Joker. :lol

wQXvLcl.png

j66nZm5.gif

I've got mixed feelings on this film.

As a film about a mentally ill man falling deeper into trouble, yes it's a great film. As a Joker movie? Not so much.

Why don't I like it as a Joker movie?

Spoiler Spoiler:

Don't get me wrong, I liked the movie and I would watch it again if time permits. It's just not a film about Joker to me.

There is definitely no way this dude is The Joker. I’ve heard the idea floating around that he is the inspiration for the eventual villain. That makes a lot more sense.

I've got mixed feelings on this film.

As a film about a mentally ill man falling deeper into trouble, yes it's a great film. As a Joker movie? Not so much.

Why don't I like it as a Joker movie?

Spoiler Spoiler:

Don't get me wrong, I liked the movie and I would watch it again if time permits. It's just not a film about Joker to me.

Absolutely this yes yes yes great post.

Do it again do it again!

There is definitely no way this dude is The Joker. I?ve heard the idea floating around that he is the inspiration for the eventual villain. That makes a lot more sense.

Well then that was a waste of time lol

Maybe the midget is the real Joker.

I?m still torn on if he should?ve killed the little guy or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I do think it’s time for WB to take Bruce’s parents murder out of the alley way at least cinematically.

No wealthy person private or with public persona would ever drag their wife and child down a dark alley alone like that they just wouldn’t especially during a riot as it was in this movie.

They’re trying to make these movies realistic right.

The wealthy and powerful have a ton of armed guards and bullet proof vehicles.

Make it where the murder happened along with their bodyguards while walking to their black SUV I don’t know that’s for them to figure it out.

But enough with the 3 of them isolated in a dark alley already lol

It popped into my head that the Waynes would not be out and about unguarded but then I felt like I was modernizing it too much. It was the eighties. Even Bruce was probably coked up.

Plus they already characterized Thomas as a kind of gentrified John Wayne ( with a - perhaps hereditary - violent streak). I could see him ego-tripping his family into a bad situation.

Not disagreeing with you btw I just think the movie has some cool things to talk about, love or hate it.

There is definitely no way this dude is The Joker. I’ve heard the idea floating around that he is the inspiration for the eventual villain. That makes a lot more sense.

The fact that people have so many different interpretations of this film is what I love about it. A brilliant piece of film making. I put it up there with A Clockwork Orange and Taxi Driver in terms of character study, Seeing it again tonight.

Back