DC Joker Movie (Non-DCEU)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah I guess you guys are right I just hope that Batman the greatest detective has the fortitude to take on a villain who hates bullying and Goldman Sachs.

If Batman has any trouble he can always call in an middle school they all have great anti bullying programs now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But there is no Batman, and if there was, it would make perfect sense as to why he would never want to kill the Joker, unlike the comics or the sudden "one rule" from TDK, which made little sense.

And that's not even counting the fact that they could still be related.

Better than the anarchy through chaos, **** he voiced his opinion and literally started the whole plot of TDKR LOLOL

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

:exactly: A pure Joker move!

Yeah, when he kills the big guy and he scares the little guy, that was pure Joker. Then he lets him go. His constant dancing actually fills very Joker because he's in his own world.

I love his late night show entrance, it felt like watching the Joker being born, but still not fully form. Kind of like when you watch KISS (band) early shows, before they had perfected their gimmick. Him on that show, that setting, his awkwardness, it was like watching what a real life "Joker" might act like for the first time on television.

My favorite moment was when the clown discovers and rescues Joker from the crash and they carry him Jesus style. That final shot of him with the bloody smile, embracing his crowd while the city is burning in total chaos, that might be my favorite Joker moment from any movie. It was perfect. The fact that he was indirectly responsible for the Wayne murders was good too. I feel like the film had some nice subtle references to Romero, Nicholson, and Ledge's Joker. Truly a great origin for the character.

There was a scene in the trailer where Joker in costume is walking on a hallway with some flowers, but that wasn't in the movie. They just cut to him in the elevator. My guess is the flowers were for the lady next door, so it would have been nice to see that final scene between them. Maybe he killed her? Maybe that's why it was cut.

But there is no Batman, and if there was, it would make perfect sense as to why he would never want to kill the Joker, unlike the comics or the sudden "one rule" from TDK, which made little sense.

And that's not even counting the fact that they could still be related.

Yeah, when he kills the big guy and he scares the little guy, that was pure Joker. Then he lets him go. His constant dancing actually fills very Joker because he's in his own world.

I love his late night show entrance, it felt like watching the Joker being born, but still not fully form. Kind of like when you watch KISS (band) early shows, before they had perfected their gimmick. Him on that show, that setting, his awkwardness, it was like watching what a real life "Joker" might act like for the first time on television.

My favorite moment was when the clown discover and rescue Joker from the crash and they carry him Jesus style. That final shot of him with the bloody smile, embracing his crowd while the city is burning in total chaos, that might be my favorite Joker moment from any movie. It was perfect. The fact that he was indirectly responsible for the Wayne murders good too. I feel like the film had some nice subtle references to Romero, Nicholson, and Ledge's Joker. Truly a great origin for the character.

I just watched a Joker origin movie where Joker complained about his medicaid being cut. :rotfl

My favorite moment was when the clown discovers and rescues Joker from the crash and they carry him Jesus style. That final shot of him with the bloody smile, embracing his crowd while the city is burning in total chaos, that might be my favorite Joker moment from any movie. It was perfect. The fact that he was indirectly responsible for the Wayne murders was good too. I feel like the film had some nice subtle references to Romero, Nicholson, and Ledge's Joker. Truly a great origin for the character.

There was a scene in the trailer where Joker in costume is walking on a hallway with some flowers, but that wasn't in the movie. They just cut to him in the elevator. My guess is the flowers were for the lady next door, so it would have been nice to see that final scene between them. Maybe he killed her? Maybe that's why it was cut.

The Joker loves chaos. He doesn't care about rich or poor. He saw an opportunity to throw gasoline on an already volatile situation. One which he helped to create. Because to quote Alfred from TDK "Some men just want to watch the world burn".

I wasn't going to go see this in theaters but ended up eith a group of friends that were going last night so I tagged along.

I guess it was ok. Pheonix gave a great performance as always but I wasn't really a fan of this joker's motivation for what he was doing. He came across more jealous/whiney than anything else.

I think Joker kills his therapist at the end because she reminded him of his previous therapist that wouldn't listen or help. So to someone on the outside that doesn't know Arthur's background like we the audience, that murder might seem random or senseless, which is how Joker's crimes are often seen by people.

Well not the 1% but society as a whole, I?m part of the neighborhood app locally and they noticed we have a homeless problem, a lot of them are mentally ill who got their meds cut off from budget cuts and end up on the streets, this mirrors the movie more than anything, take a guy who stops being helped, and then the 1% do nothing about it, of course he snapped.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Accept that the film just focused on the 1%. Much like real life the movie's media and "regular" folk put it on the 1%.. Poor vs Rich.

But that was the point of the movie I guess. Everyone was playing the victim and blaming someone else for their problems... People I am sure that were much better off then The Joker or a homeless person.

Saw it Thursday night. Loved it.

I knew it was going to be good the second that 70s WB logo popped up. Phoenix's performance, the cinematography, the 80s New York setting, it ticked all the marks I was looking for when this was announced. It was right up my alley and one of the best DC films I've seen in awhile. Initially I thought Arthur Fleck was too weird and too stupid to be an interesting character. I mean that whole "I hope my death makes more cents than my life" stuff was pretty cringey along with the the first act feeling really, really slow.

For me, the film picks up after he kills the three Wayne yuppies and gets even better when the two detectives start questioning him. There's a transformation there, where the meek, pathetic Fleck character becomes the Joker. I totally bought it. So many great and genuinely funny scenes and moments. The children's hospital with the gun falling out of his pants. Him running into the glass door outside the hospital, him sparing the midget. In the beginning, he's a total loser. That whole stand up scene in the comedy club is tough to watch. As the plot unfolds and he loses the meds, finds out the truth about his past, and has his melt down, he actually ends up coming off as pretty charismatic and funny. It was pretty amazing how Phoenix pulled off that 180. The comedic timing on his part is actually pretty brilliant. Once he fully becomes the Joker with the suit and the face paint, smoking the cig, dancing down the steps to rock n' roll part 2, I was totally into it. It was pure Joker. Tricking the detectives onto the subway, cackling as they're getting stomped, then getting onto the Murray show. Most movies, especially supehero ones, suffer from a lame third act. Joker's was pure bliss.

I ****ing love that shot of him in the back of the cop car, laughing with glee, as they cruise past the riot and chaos he caused.

Thought it was going to end there, which would have been fine, but then you get that great Arkham Asylum scene. It's definitely one of the better films that gets better and better as the story progresses.

I think Joker kills his therapist at the end because she reminded him of his previous therapist that wouldn't listen or help. So to someone on the outside that doesn't know Arthur's background like we the audience, that murder might seem random or senseless, which is how Joker's crimes are often seen by people.

I saw it the same way. Also, again I love how this movie doesn’t hold the audience’s hand. As in the case of his "girlfriend" Did he, or didn't he? You would assume if you found a strange man sitting in your apartment making headshot gestures. (nice nod to DeNiro’s Travis Bickle. BTW). She would have called the cops right away. but they didn't show up. Was it because maybe she felt sorry for him and didn’t call them or that both her and her kid are dead.

Yeah I guess you guys are right I just hope that Batman the greatest detective has the fortitude to take on a villain who hates bullying and Goldman Sachs.

If Batman has any trouble he can always call in an middle school they all have great anti bullying programs now.

:lol :lol :lol

I picture in this version of Gotham that Batman would not be the big bruit that we see in the comics and movies.. He would rely much more on his detective skills then his hand to hand combat... It would be a more realistic take on the character.. Which is the world this was trying to create..

But I get not like this origin.... If it was the newest take on the Joker and that's all we were going to get it someone who blamed everyone else and went after those who wronged him then I would be with you.. As a one off... Its fine.

TDK Joker is pure Joker with a world vision.

This is a guy who hated being bullied.

Too many takes on the Joker to call TDK the definitive Joker... But he is my Fav :)

Nah.. I like the idea that he just does it because he is now Full on Freaking Joker Crazy.

There does not be a reason.. Its for his own entertainment.

My fav explanation of the Joker.

"One day he might kill someone because he likes their shoes... The next day he might spare someone for the very same reason"

I like it if there is no reason.. Same reason I wish he didn't tell the little guy that he was the only one nice to him.. It would have been more "joker like" to just let him go..

DiFabio loves it

Jye hates it

JAWS thinks its OK

Is that about right? Where's Khev on this?

I'm seeing this tonight at 8:45. If I never come back, you know what happened.

DiFabio loves it

Jye hates it

JAWS thinks its OK

Is that about right? Where's Khev on this?

I'm seeing this tonight at 8:45. If I never come back, you know what happened.

Get ready for TDKR Bane and Talia plot reboot via a shameless Taxi Driver and King of Comedy rip off errr I mean homage lol

Get ready for TDKR Bane and Talia plot reboot

It's nothing like TDKR.

shameless Taxi Driver and King of Comedy rip off errr I mean homage lol

That's exactly what the filmmakers were aiming for? A mix of Taxi Driver, King of Comedy and the Joker. It's unabashedly inspired by Scorsese. From Deniro as Murray to all the cool little nods to those films. They've said this since it was announced.

His laugh.

I think he was obviously in control when to laugh even though he told people it was a condition that he suffered from.

I hope that’s the case because if it’s not the second he breaks out in that laughter Batman will just slap cuffs on him lol

Back