DC Joker Movie (Non-DCEU)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haha this whole journey to actually seeing this film has been such a hoot. Can not wait to see this Saturday. It will be hilarious if Phoenix wins the Oscar and Downey jr doesn?t even get nominated (not that I even understand why he would). Best movie of the year is not that far fetched, just look at the reviews. Most of the negatives are just uncomfortable with the themes. A YouTuber I just watched gave it a couple points off for making her feel so depressed and scared afterwords. Sounds like a powerful movie to me. I mean 80% of reviewers weather positive or negative thought it was quite a shocking experience

Um, the reality is, if the media would stop reporting things like this and giving these ********s any attention by reading their manifestos and plastering their pictures and names all over, chances are situations like this wouldn?t even happen. People starved for attention desperately seek it, and the media gives them exactly what they want. Don?t report it, then the chances of it go down expedntially.
Take for instance. When you watch a baseball game on tv and a fan goes and runs on the field. They won?t show it! I?ve heard announcers say that they condone that type of behavior so they refuse to televise it. But if somebody starts shooting everybody, the media shows pictures of the person, their name, age, etc and even read their manifestos! And they do it for days on end!
Sad thing is if anybody goes to the movies and some ******** comes around to shoot em, people have no way of defending themselves! And you can thank the media for that! So in fact they?re not doin you any favors of telling you not to go to see the joker. They are just kicking hornets nests.
Blaming the media for reporting the news is just bizarre. Stop using them as the popular scapegoat. Equating a mass shooting with somebody running on to a field is equally wrong. If the media is to take some culpability for anything, it's due to the 24hr news cycle and the need to fill that time. But these nutjobs would exist without the media, and eventually they'd explode and hurt others. If it wasn't reported, would be like the tree falling in the woods analogy. Just cause you didn't know about it, doesn't mean it didn't happen. We live in a age of constant information bombardment, and it's overwhelming to any sane person.

Such a huge problem with this mental disconnect nowadays. Let's blame the reporting and not the lack of identifying these people in advance, and letting them have access to weapons of mass murder.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I?m excited to see this just because of JP I mean who isn?t.

WB had to finally break out from the Ledger chains of his demise being attached to the Joker character and they absolutely picked the perfect talent to take on that challenge.

WB was forever stuck in that spinning wheel of what if Ledger was still around for Joker that narrative needed to change.

And NO RDJ does NOT deserve a nomination for his role in EG shouldn?t even be a thought.

What RDJ deserves is recognition for coming from a place where he could not be insured to work on a movie to being the glue that created cinematic history but an oscar is not about that.

What RDJ accomplished overall is quite remarkable HE IS STARK no less than Ledger IS JOKER and now lets see what JP brings to the table.

Birds of Prey lulz

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Blaming the media for reporting the news is just bizarre. Stop using them as the popular scapegoat. Equating a mass shooting with somebody running on to a field is equally wrong. If the media is to take some culpability for anything, it's due to the 24hr news cycle and the need to fill that time. But these nutjobs would exist without the media, and eventually they'd explode and hurt others. If it wasn't reported, would be like the tree falling in the woods analogy. Just cause you didn't know about it, doesn't mean it didn't happen. We live in a age of constant information bombardment, and it's overwhelming to any sane person.

Such a huge problem with this mental disconnect nowadays. Let's blame the reporting and not the lack of identifying these people in advance, and letting them have access to weapons of mass murder.

Easily influential people have no better place to grab ideas from........... The media reads these ****s manifestos, so yeah I blame the media. Do not give criminals fame, point blank! Yeah there’s plenty of nutty people out there, but still you don’t have to give them attention in a society that can’t stop trying to get attention, hence Facebook, instagram, etc. “Look at me , look at me and all that have and stand for!”
Nobody looks, it’s almost as if nothing happened, therefore why do it? Think what you wanna, but like I said before, why not show people running onto baseball fields then?......
So sure nobody can blame the media 100%for every nutcase, but they sure as hell keep the wagon rolling along... and love every minute......

Last edited:
Easily influential people have no better place to grab ideas from........... The media reads these ****s manifestos, so yeah I blame the media. Do not give criminals fame, point blank! Yeah there?s plenty of nutty people out there, but still you don?t have to give them attention in a society that can?t stop trying to get attention, hence Facebook, instagram, etc. ?Look at me , look at me and all that have and stand for!?
Nobody looks, it?s almost as if nothing happened, therefore why do it? Think what you wanna, but like I said before, why not show people running onto baseball fields then?......
So sure nobody can blame the media 100%for every nutcase, but they sure as hell keep the wagon rolling along... and love every minute......
Maybe we should put the onus on our severe lack of access to mental health for those that need it, and refusal to limit any kind of access to firearms. I'm willing to bet, that those two things working in tandem, would save a lot of lives. But hey, who gives a **** about doing anything to solve this problem when we can just point fingers.

Maybe we should put the onus on our severe lack of access to mental health for those that need it, and refusal to limit any kind of access to firearms. I'm willing to bet, that those two things working in tandem, would save a lot of lives. But hey, who gives a **** about doing anything to solve this problem when we can just point fingers.

Never did I once mention that wasn’t the case. I jus mentioned that the media shouldn’t run with it the way they do. So there’s a hill of mental problems and it’s on fire, let’s do what the media does, throw gasoline on it “to put it out”. You never hear them running stories on mental health, so there.
Point fingers? Seems like that’s what the media does when it’s convenient for themselves and their agendas. But homelessness is running rampant and people’s mental stability is breaking down, but hey let’s glorify it all by running with it and turning these jerk offs into a sick cult hero..... makes total sense. Tell me this, name one mental case patients name you heard reported on the news......you can’t, just the guy who killed a bunch of people.
Hell yeah there’s plenty of problems that the country sweeps under the rug, but the media never talks about it.
I’m gonna see joker tomorrow and hopefully I’ll come back alright. But the media has to report that it’s unsfafe to go to the movies? Way to put stupid ideas out there for stupid idiots to go get some attention.

Last edited:
Never did I once mention that wasn?t the case. I jus mentioned that the media shouldn?t run with it the way they do. So there?s a hill of mental problems and it?s on fire, let?s do what the media does, throw gasoline on it ?to put it out?. You never hear them running stories on mental health, so there.
Point fingers? Seems like that?s what the media does when it?s convenient for themselves and their agendas. But homelessness is running rampant and people?s mental stability is breaking down, but hey let?s glorify it all by running with it and turning these jerk offs into a sick cult hero..... makes total sense. Tell me this, name one mental case patients name you heard reported on the news......you can?t, just the guy who killed a bunch of people.
Hell yeah there?s plenty of problems that the country sweeps under the rug, but the media never talks about it.
I?m gonna see joker tomorrow and hopefully I?ll come back alright. But the media has to report that it?s unsfafe to go to the movies? Way to put stupid ideas out there for stupid idiots to go get some attention.
I will agree that the perpetrators name(s) shouldn't even be mentioned on air.

Kinda weird how Joker is so influential but Thanos isn't? Im sure there is some pycho out there right now hunting down diamonds to put into a glove and snap us away. lol I kid.

If you want to get technical I guess the Joker is the most realistic villian in comics. He's a clown who is crazy and snappep one day. Every other memorable villain is super powered.

Most of Batman's rogue gallery are horribly deformed or have some small power of some sort. I guess Joker represents how crazy the world can make you and thats why people fear him.

Kinda weird how Joker is so influential but Thanos isn't? Im sure there is some pycho out there right now hunting down diamonds to put into a glove and snap us away. lol I kid.

If you want to get technical I guess the Joker is the most realistic villian in comics. He's a clown who is crazy and snappep one day. Every other memorable villain is super powered.

Most of Batman's rogue gallery are horribly deformed or have some small power of some sort. I guess Joker represents how crazy the world can make you and thats why people fear him.

The Joker is a perfect villain. A masterful conceit that every generation can relate to.

There are very few perfect villains.

She's crazy enough to be a great Harley Quinn.

dcadgcz-5fd77b72-6b0f-44a5-bfe3-3eaaef407028.png

Last edited:

No one cares about Thanos anymore, and it's only been like 4 months since EG came out. :lol

Lol Thanos who? Kidding aside he was pretty boring and the same as every other villain. I mean is anyone ever thinking ?oh I would love to see this actors interpretation , or this directors vision of thanos? no not at all. I can think of ten more people I would pay to see play Joker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back