DC Joker Movie (Non-DCEU)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Watched this and Hobbs and Shaw on UHD a couple of days ago. I was actually quite drawn to the movie (and I'm one who tends to surf the web a bit during movies), but yeah it's not a movie I'd rewatch often, and you'd probably want to be in the right frame of mind for it.

Makes no sense, but I like it.

R5jc2zl.jpg

[...]This time maybe they'll get it right. Nah.... something will be deliberately off. I have learned.

Nicholson is still their BEST Joker ever.

I've come to the conclusion that it's no longer tinfoil hat territory. These companies hold back sometimes. If a dedicated hobbyist can create screen accurate characters and costumes, there's little reason for a company with resources to repeatedly miss. The odd piece due to deadlines or production limitations? Sure. But over and over again? Pre-meditated.

Makes me wonder how the odd homerun gets approved.

There are three BEST Jokers: Ledger, Phoenix and Nicholson

Let's rank them, shall we?

Here's my ranking:
1. Ledger
2. Nicholson
3. Phoenix

Agreed ... but ... Phoenix Joker is weird for me because as far as I'm concerned he's only The Joker for like a minute or two as he's dancing down the steps. The rest of the time he's a well-played psychopath in clown make-up.

although i saw 1989 batman in the theater while young, i barely remembered it, therefore when i saw cesar romero?s joker he always stuck out as my first choice of course!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agreed ... but ... Phoenix Joker is weird for me because as far as I'm concerned he's only The Joker for like a minute or two as he's dancing down the steps. The rest of the time he's a well-played psychopath in clown make-up.

I agree... but as far as shelf dollies go... Phoenix is going with Ledger and Nicholson.

I mean, Ledger and Nicholson are official Jokers. Phoenix is a bit of an outlier. He doesn't really count in the same way, unless that universe gets expanded over the next 20 years.

But for now, Phoenix has at least earned his place on my shelf.

Ledger and pheonix are the best jokers for me. Nicholson is terrible imo. Like trump if he put on clown makeup. I can?t un see it

Nicholson is terrible imo. Like trump if he put on clown makeup.

And that is why he's such a great villain.

Trump himself is a perfect modern Bond villain: he's big, bombastic, an entrepreneur, has bases all over the world, has command of an army, meets with other world villains, has plans to rule the world, has a distinctive look with a unique deformity (his hair), and he loves gold.

And that is why he's such a great villain.

Trump himself is a perfect modern Bond villain: he's big, bombastic, an entrepreneur, has bases all over the world, has command of an army, meets with other world villains, has plans to rule the world, has a distinctive look with a unique deformity (his hair), and he loves gold.

He?s a good Bond villain and Batman villain but not joker. Trump is more of penguin. Rich and egotistical. Loves to boast and act crazy when he does t get his way

You can't choose between Phoenix and Nicholson?

I kind of did by putting Nicholson's name first. It's a 2A/2B situation. I don't want to put Phoenix in third place. Phoenix's action is so good and the film is so well made. In addition, it's a whole movie dedicated to the character. It has iconic moments, and moments that truly look and feel like a true life first appareance for the Joker before he perfects his image. Nicholson is just as perfect in a completely different way. I think I rank him a bit higher because he's actually in a Batman film with Batman, so I give him a slight edge, but not enough to put him definitively above Phoenix.

Romero
Ledger
Nicholson
Leto

Leto's actually the only real Joker among them - he both fell into the acid unlike Ledger, and didn't die by the end of the film unlike Nicholson.

The Dark Knight trilogy is a great watch, but weirdly truncates the life of Batman to a career of less than 3 years, therefore also truncating the Joker's career since the two are binary.

Joker was just weird, and Phoenix as a wannabe puppet doesn't even count as the character. He's the equivalent of Gotham's Jerome.

Romero is simply the creepiest, maddest clown Joker.

7-5d9c5e0625ee5__700.jpg

Back